E

Elegy

Student
Nov 14, 2021
Today class, I learned Youtube requires Tor browser users prove we're Not a Robot before we can access their site.
Also learned that, without my Adblock Plus addon, YT is... unbearable.
I want to post a song link. But maybe I should just attach the mp3 fie instead?
No. That would be music piracy. FBI would be all up my ass. Even tho I am anonymous, via onion dark web.
I don't want to give the feds a valid reason to shut down this site either.

So. Jethro Tull. 'Elegy'. Been one of my faves for forever, and is partly the impetus behind my chosen screen name.
When I die, one of my many regrets will be; I never leaned how to play this bittersweet song on my guitar.
Both acoustic and electric parts.

Reactions: affinity, tardis and Shadowplay
T

tardis

Sep 7, 2019
Most sites restrict tor users. Youtube has to because video hosting is very expensive.

Very tangential but one of my favorite pieces of music has a similar name Élégie but it's by Gabriel Faure.

Reactions: Fthis
E

Elegy

Student
Nov 14, 2021
Most sites restrict tor users. Youtube has to because video hosting is very expensive.

Very tangential but one of my favorite pieces of music has a similar name Élégie but it's by Gabriel Faure.
I'm sure Alphabet Inc can afford the high bandwidth usage. I like Elegies. Not familiar with Gabriel Faure's work, however I have recently become fond of The Wanderer verses... in the Exeter Book. Particularly the end verse. It trails off into obscurity.....

Last edited: