Eventually_An_Angel

Eventually_An_Angel

Sep 16, 2024
ik thats like naive n dumb n stuff and it shallow as hell to kill urself cuz u dont have a boyfriend but like honestly. prayin the perfect boyll come into my life immediately before i do whatever i end up doin to die n then im so ok and live happily ever after and drop out of college to be a housewife or whatever the fuck id do in that situation idk what id do in that situation ive never been in it b4. n never will. lollllll xD
any way it doesnt matter im never gonna hav that

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cepcepcep, InversedShadow, etherealspring and 3 others
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I don't think it'd solve all my problems but it might give me a reason to want to solve them. Until, of course, regression to the mean comes into effect and receiving daily love becomes my new normal, so I just end up right back at square one.

Reactions: FlufflesAway and AllTheseQuestions
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Romance is usually temporary. After the honeymoon stage people often get bored and move on. So it might only temporarily help

• Love
Reactions: Valhala, esalucolom-wojaqter, AllTheseQuestions and 6 others
Innereye

Innereye

Know thy self
Jan 18, 2020
Temporary void filler. Eventually implodes, cluster B life lol.

Reactions: SomeBody123, astr4, voltage268 and 4 others
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
relatable to an extent~ :(

• Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002, InversedShadow and Alexei_Kirillov
FujoshiNeet

FujoshiNeet

✌️ you are mentally ill ✌️
Jan 21, 2024
It doesn't. It just gives you more insecurities and an ever-deeper fear of being alone.

Reactions: skyflame, AllTheseQuestions, voltage268 and 2 others
pyx

pyx

Mage
Jun 5, 2024
it's different for men, but i doubt that it really will solve all your problems. you may end up becoming too dependent on your partner in order to 'cure' you, which is a burden no person should have. and with the insecurity which comes from inexperience, you are bound to run into problems which might end up collapsing the relationship, putting you in a worse-off position. relationships shouldn't be treated as magical panaceas for your problems

Reactions: AllTheseQuestions, SomeBody123, SixNeufUn and 3 others
Eventually_An_Angel

Eventually_An_Angel

Sep 16, 2024
it's different for men, but i doubt that it really will solve all your problems. you may end up becoming too dependent on your partner in order to 'cure' you, which is a burden no person should have. and with the insecurity which comes from inexperience, you are bound to run into problems which might end up collapsing the relationship, putting you in a worse-off position. relationships shouldn't be treated as magical panaceas for your problems
imean ur right but it doesnt rlly matter cuz im not gonna be in one. so likeeeee let a girl dream ukno,,,,,

endofline2010

endofline2010

Aug 8, 2024
A good boyfriend would help you become the best version of yourself, not be a personal fucktoy...

Reactions: rotciv
Eventually_An_Angel

Eventually_An_Angel

Sep 16, 2024
A good boyfriend would help you become the best version of yourself, not be a personal fucktoy...
yes???? obviously??? i did not even mention sex. i dont care abt sex. my ideal man would not do that. i would not date a man who wanted 2 do that. idk where u got that idea but it is WRONG!!!

youwantitdarker

youwantitdarker

Feb 18, 2023
same. I'm a FA and have never been in a relationship, seeing all these happy couples both IRL and online really confirms that being in a relationship is better. Imagine someone loving you - actually loving you. Loving to see you, loving to hear you, loving to touch you. Wanting to be with you, near you. Doing things together. Talking, cuddling, or just existing in each others' company...
There is an ancient greek myth that humans were originally created in pairs, but then got separated. I fully believe that. But then there's people like me - the outliers. I've never had a boyfriend, men don't even look in my direction. And they say femcels don't exist haha, I wish.
Anyway, I understand you completely. A person who truly exists for you will make everything so much better and easier. I was born broken I feel like

Eventually_An_Angel

Eventually_An_Angel

Sep 16, 2024
same. I'm a FA and have never been in a relationship, seeing all these happy couples both IRL and online really confirms that being in a relationship is better. Imagine someone loving you - actually loving you. Loving to see you, loving to hear you, loving to touch you. Wanting to be with you, near you. Doing things together. Talking, cuddling, or just existing in each others' company...
There is an ancient greek myth that humans were originally created in pairs, but then got separated. I fully believe that. But then there's people like me - the outliers. I've never had a boyfriend, men don't even look in my direction. And they say femcels don't exist haha, I wish.
Anyway, I understand you completely. A person who truly exists for you will make everything so much better and easier. I was born broken I feel like
imsorry if this is rude but what does FA mean....

u r so right tho w how u r talkin thats like.....if i knew how 2 write sentences properly and make them beautiful but still quirky.id basicaly say wat u said,,,,,,

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
The "perfect boy" doesn't exist and having a boyfriend won't do shit. Also, living as a housewife is not a life that should be romanticized, especially with all the risks involved in it.

You shouldn't want to get into a relationship specifically to solve your problems. You would just be unfairly putting a lot of pressure on them to deal with all of your emotional baggage and your partner isn't meant to be your therapist or life coach. This is how you get cases of partners who feel emotionally drained all the time and trapped in their relationship out of fear of what might happen if they try to leave. No one should have the burden to cure you of all your issues, especially someone who is just looking for a romantic partner. I think a very basic thing that people need to understand before getting into a relationship is that shit doesn't revolve around you. If you ever get with someone they aren't going to be like Prince Charming or a princess from a children's book. They are going to be another human being with their own baggage they are dealing with. Just as how you wouldn't like it if someone expected you to solve all of their problems via you being in a relationship with them, this also applies the other way around. A partner may provide emotional support but they aren't to be burdened with the expectation of solving all of your issues.

I personally have a bf and I can say without a doubt that being in a relationship doesn't solve all your issues. He provides me with some extra emotional support, but I still have a lot of the same issues that I had before. Of course, I'm in a relationship with him because I genuinely love him, not because I'm hoping for him to solve all of my problems. Especially since he has his own issues to deal with.

• Love
Reactions: vampire2002, divinemistress36, AllTheseQuestions and 1 other person
youwantitdarker

youwantitdarker

Feb 18, 2023
imsorry if this is rude but what does FA mean....

u r so right tho w how u r talkin thats like.....if i knew how 2 write sentences properly and make them beautiful but still quirky.id basicaly say wat u said,,,,,,
forever alone

• Hugs
Reactions: SixNeufUn
AwakeTooLong

AwakeTooLong

Ascend or death
Mar 4, 2024
ik thats like naive n dumb n stuff and it shallow as hell to kill urself cuz u dont have a boyfriend but like honestly. prayin the perfect boyll come into my life immediately before i do whatever i end up doin to die n then im so ok and live happily ever after and drop out of college to be a housewife or whatever the fuck id do in that situation idk what id do in that situation ive never been in it b4. n never will. lollllll xD
What's keeping you from getting a boyfriend?

rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
I felt in love twice in my life and tryin to never fall again 😂 but I probably chose badly

I

ineed2die

Feb 15, 2024
Partners do make everything better and easier. Once they leave you're worse off than before though.

I

Ineedthis18743

Oct 6, 2024
Romance doesn't solve any deeper mental issues or addictions. I have and have had for years the most perfect,loving loyal, kind, thoughtful, geuninly perfect person but eventually those deeper issues catch up and it ends up getting fucked up and everything is even worse and you realise what you have and it turns out to be too late and can't get it back or your demons end up winning anyway

Reactions: divinemistress36
etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
i honestly did think that getting into a relationship would make me happier and i just assumed that was the missing piece in my life. but now i have a boyfriend, and can confirm that my feelings before r still the same. if anything, it's even worse now bc of the guilt that comes with trying to use a relationship to get better. after all that, i still want to ctb.

that's just me, though. perhaps a relationship may give u a reason to want to recover and provide u with the motivation needed to achieve that. unlike with me, it might work out for u, but u can't rely solely on a boyfriend for ur life to improve.

Reactions: AllTheseQuestions
feeling_the_pull

feeling_the_pull

Oct 13, 2024
This isn't dumb at all. Having someone consistently there and loving you can help a lot, while it lasts. I've been in a nine month relationship before and it was the closest I had ever been to being comfortable with myself and at peace. I don't have any advice, the relationship happened out of nowhere and I wasn't even really looking for friends let alone a boyfriend. My mental health eventually ended things. So basically it's a nice distraction but it doesn't fix anything.

Valhala

Valhala

Student
Jul 30, 2024
Romance is usually temporary. After the honeymoon stage people often get bored and move on. So it might only temporarily help
Romance is temporary, but if it evolves into a shared life between two compatible partners who understand each other, it can give a semblance of meaning sufficient to continue together. to continue on, to experientially give something to someone and get something from someone, and sometimes even that is enough. If, however, you meet the right partner and everything falls apart for some reason, everything becomes meaningless.

endofline2010

endofline2010

Aug 8, 2024
yes???? obviously??? i did not even mention sex. i dont care abt sex. my ideal man would not do that. i would not date a man who wanted 2 do that. idk where u got that idea but it is WRONG!!!
The idea came from you saying you want someone to bankroll you while you drop out of college and don't work. What exactly do you think that entails on your end in the real world?

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Romance is temporary, but if it evolves into a shared life between two compatible partners who understand each other, it can give a semblance of meaning sufficient to continue together. to continue on, to experientially give something to someone and get something from someone, and sometimes even that is enough. If, however, you meet the right partner and everything falls apart for some reason, everything becomes meaningless.
Have you experienced that?

Reactions: Valhala
Valhala

Valhala

Student
Jul 30, 2024
I am, unfortunately or fortunately - I don't know what to say myself. One thing I can confidently say (after my experience of 3 marriages of 10 years and several more serious relationships) is what I experienced with her, the only woman beside whom I really understood what it means loving someone and being loved is something more valuable than anything, than life, than death, than anything. That experience changes you by 180 degrees and you become who you really are. Most people never experience this in their life, and after such an experience if if that relationship cannot be restored, nothing is worth living for anymore. If I die because of love and my own mistakes that caused me to lose it, I know that without it my life no longer has any meaning, I really have nothing to regret
Have you experienced that?
Thank you for understanding what I'm talking about, I'm in tears now..

Last edited:
  • Love
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Not the way to think of it, it won't solve all your problems, and it probably won't be easy, but it would be a good thing for you, maybe wonderful, maybe transformative, it's the stuff of life, and I wish it for you.