Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
I agree. If I had money, life would be A LOT easier. I worked at a private high school where one of the boys comes from a filthy rich family, he is tall, devastatingly good looking (he would walk down the hallway and most of the girls and many of the boys would turn just to check him out), He was smart, athletic (he played on the soccer team) he had everything going for him and I used to think, "why couldn't that have been me?" and he's only 17 years old! Money may be the root of all evil, as they say, but I'd like to get me some of THAT... The Money, not the boy. Nice kid too, polite, respectful and well liked by his peers. If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as him.
With my luck, I'd be reincarnated as him just to find out his home life was something horrifically traumatizing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and not-2-b-the-answer
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Most people who have the drive to succeed in that kind of way are not the kind of people to do nothing later. They may not keep working in the same kind of way, but I don't know any who made lots of money and then stopped and did nothing.
I had made enough money by age 44. So I got out of the rat race. That didn't mean I did nothing. (I would have died of boredom.) I have spent the last 26 years working, independently and at my own expense, on a scientific research project that interests me. Except for unavoidable interruptions, eg. for medical matters, I usually work 7 days a week on it, 52 weeks a year. But I do also manage to find some time to "enjoy life", in the sense of doing some things I want to do. For example, I maintain my small farm, I dance, I read a lot. (I don't travel much, because I did more than enough of that when I was younger.)
Can I ask, if you're comfortable financially, and have work that interests you and other hobbies that you enjoy, why you come here to place designed around suicide?

FoxInWaiting

FoxInWaiting

I want out!
May 27, 2023
Money won't buy happiness, but it will get rid of alot of things that make you sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: doggiesarecute and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
What little hobbies I'm interested in requires me to be a multimillionaire in the 10s to 100s million range just to personally indulge in them.
what types of hobbies are you into that require that much money? >_< collecting super rare stuff? >_<