• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

PartlyHuman

Sorry for my English
Jan 10, 2021
So, I have no idea how to fix the mess that is my life but now I'm a little bit hopeful, oh what a progress!/s
I wish I knew earlier that living for other people won't ever work well. But this world is meaningless and what can you live for if not for others? That's what I thought and still think tbh. But what I think now, yeah, there is no point but what we feel is real and the only thing that should keep us here is liking life more than not. Or at least hope it can be better.
I wish I had courage not to be "good" and just tried to live my life. Yeah there was time when it worked well but then I couldn't make myself any longer. And now I just want to finish my damn degree (which I'm halfway to fail) and step off the path of Socially Approved Life. I know now I don't care about the subject that is my degree, and that I love languages (and maybe even will learn english properly one day lol) and that I'd like it all to be different. But I'm afraid and don't know how, guess going new path is challenging like this.
Now, sorry if it's incomprehensible. What I'd like to know is if any of you managed to change your life if not completely but significantly and if it worked? Like, maybe going completely different workfield or sth.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Living for other people can be a risk, especially if it is for some toxic person that sucks the life out of you. However, when one encounters someone who gives as well as takes, there can be a depth to a relationship that is satisfying.

Choosing a path in life is always tricky. One might choose a path of financial security only to regret having spent a life associating with people that were frustrating. Conversely, one might choose the path of an artist and the opportunity to express oneself only to regret in later years missed opportunities.

Choosing a path in life is a little easier if you know yourself well. It can also help to experiment a little to learn the difference between the image and reality of a path. There are often opportunities to change paths when one does not work out as expected.

It can help to keep in mind that it is what you are inside that is most important. One shouldn't expect to draw too much from a particular path.

A

AE2021

Experienced
Sep 21, 2020
Living for other people has never worked for me. It always led to stressful places mentally. I went to school initially for a degree in education but ended up in social work ( and a second degree) because it was a better fit. I changed directions several times until I felt like I found the right place. So yes, you can change directions as many times as you need / want to. Follow the path that feels right for you at any given time.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Living for others is certainly a problem because you just end up being on this blue rock called Earth without really living.

What I did, was find some intrinsic and extrinsic motivation so as to enjoy a bit my life at least.

I can't leave this world because of my dad. He will probably have a heart-attack or stroke if I ctb so, I've decided to live for now.

Let's say I'm kinda living for him but also for me. I used to spend my days being depressed, crying in my bed while looking at the roof thinking about ctb or just nothing. It was hell. That's not a life.

I hope you can deal with this somehow!

Hugs and love,

Matt