• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Life is painful. There is no escaping it. It is SO EASY to experience something that 'traumatizes' you - I mean hell, look at what's going on in the world right now. You see kids wrapped up in head bandages and you see how much evil there is and has been in the world since the beginning of time. And that's only what's in front of us right now - the tip of the iceberg.

You look at the rise of corporations and people who take clear advantage of capitalism or even communism and how much of a negative impact it makes on millions of people who AREN'T benefiting from it

You see our ruthless desire to build and conquer and the damage we do to the ecosystem

The countless lives whether human or animals who are just pushed to the wayside and completely left for dead

Hell,

Something as simple as someone breaking up with you or betraying you can scar you for life, or experiencing a bad experience in the workplace, etc

Seems like trying to avoid it or trying to rise above it is almost foolish. Pain is a natural part of life and I feel like people are just trying to escape it, but can you?

Sometimes makes me think about how fucked up it is to be alive. It may sound dark but it's like, fuck. What's the point of all of this. Does it actually make a difference whether we're here or not? HONESTLY.

people will say ' of course it matters! you matter to the people around you, you make a difference!' but is that just cope? is that just someone who isn't experiencing pain and hasn't seen the truth about the world trying to justify them being happy?

Or are we all here with 0 idea why we're here, just trying to make the best of it because that's just what you do.

I fear that I've seen too much on this planet and I'm not sure I can ever go back to the 'pure' way of living that the majority of people seem to be living in.

Yet even knowing WHY these things happen we can't avoid them... Because we're human. A lot of the times we're driven by things that we aren't even conscious of. And even being conscious of them doesn't stop us from doing them. We know war is bad.. We know inflicting pain is bad.. Yet we do it anyways. We know drugs are bad, we know cigarettes are bad.. Yet we do them anyways.

What's the point? we can't avoid what will happen to us in life.

this might sound dark af but it's honestly how I feel, curious to hear what you guys have to say.

Helvete

Helvete

Apr 9, 2024
Thats part of being human, and although we all go through these traumas and negative experiences, they shape us as people and allow us to grow and maybe even support others in similar situations. Iron sharpens iron, and hardships gro character and wisdom. Sounds lame af, but hardships are necessary and you cant really appreciate the good in life without experiencing the bad first. You just gotta ork to surorund yourself and find people who genuinely care for you and have your best interest in mind, and although it may not be easy in alot of scenarios it is necessary for self preservation

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
you cant really appreciate the good in life without experiencing the bad first
If I eat ice cream it tastes good. It would taste the same had I never experienced pain.

I understand that we need a frame of reference to call something "better" but I don't agree that we need a frame of reference to call something "good". For example, the first time I tried, say, a certain dessert or listened to a new song, I could think it was "good" without comparing it to another dessert or another song. Good things are typically good to us because they make us feel good, taste good, smell good. etc.

I

iloverachel

Warlock
Mar 7, 2024
Agreed.
When religious people say stuff like "Suicide will mean you go to hell", that doesn't scare me. I am already living in hell, it can't get much worse

Helvete

Helvete

Apr 9, 2024
This may sound kinda morbid, but when you really are at such a low in your life, at least things can really only go up from where you are, although patience is always hard! Many religious people miss the fact that others dont have religion as a hope in their life, and that you need to turn to other methods to find peace

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
It's a living hell which you can't escape from. Only in death will you get freedom from the prison of life. Prison planet break
Agreed.
When religious people say stuff like "Suicide will mean you go to hell", that doesn't scare me. I am already living in hell, it can't get much worse
Earth is a prison planet and life is hell

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
This may sound kinda morbid, but when you really are at such a low in your life, at least things can really only go up from where you are, although patience is always hard! Many religious people miss the fact that others dont have religion as a hope in their life, and that you need to turn to other methods to find peace
life doesn't get any better just worse with time i know this because i've been living with a brain injury for the last 8 years and it's been a living hell

AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
Life is painful. There is no escaping it. It is SO EASY to experience something that 'traumatizes' you - I mean hell, look at what's going on in the world right now. You see kids wrapped up in head bandages and you see how much evil there is and has been in the world since the beginning of time. And that's only what's in front of us right now - the tip of the iceberg.

You look at the rise of corporations and people who take clear advantage of capitalism or even communism and how much of a negative impact it makes on millions of people who AREN'T benefiting from it

You see our ruthless desire to build and conquer and the damage we do to the ecosystem

The countless lives whether human or animals who are just pushed to the wayside and completely left for dead

Hell,

Something as simple as someone breaking up with you or betraying you can scar you for life, or experiencing a bad experience in the workplace, etc

Seems like trying to avoid it or trying to rise above it is almost foolish. Pain is a natural part of life and I feel like people are just trying to escape it, but can you?

Sometimes makes me think about how fucked up it is to be alive. It may sound dark but it's like, fuck. What's the point of all of this. Does it actually make a difference whether we're here or not? HONESTLY.

people will say ' of course it matters! you matter to the people around you, you make a difference!' but is that just cope? is that just someone who isn't experiencing pain and hasn't seen the truth about the world trying to justify them being happy?

Or are we all here with 0 idea why we're here, just trying to make the best of it because that's just what you do.

I fear that I've seen too much on this planet and I'm not sure I can ever go back to the 'pure' way of living that the majority of people seem to be living in.

Yet even knowing WHY these things happen we can't avoid them... Because we're human. A lot of the times we're driven by things that we aren't even conscious of. And even being conscious of them doesn't stop us from doing them. We know war is bad.. We know inflicting pain is bad.. Yet we do it anyways. We know drugs are bad, we know cigarettes are bad.. Yet we do them anyways.

What's the point? we can't avoid what will happen to us in life.

this might sound dark af but it's honestly how I feel, curious to hear what you guys have to say.
Tbh as someone who has spent the past year in his room doing literally nothing, I am in a weird way grateful for the challenges in the world, because they are the only thing that motivate me to keep living. Maybe I won't make a huge difference but I could do something to fix things. It's obviously easier said than done as I'm still in my room but I'm taking steps to get out

If the world was a perfect place, with no inequality and no suffering, everyone would be bored out of their mind. No one would have as deep a life purpose. I think that in that kind of world, suicide rates would be even higher.

Don't let the world being a shitty place get you down. Let it make you an angry and you can maybe turn that anger into purpose.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
If I eat ice cream it tastes good. It would taste the same had I never experienced pain.

I understand that we need a frame of reference to call something "better" but I don't agree that we need a frame of reference to call something "good". For example, the first time I tried, say, a certain dessert or listened to a new song, I could think it was "good" without comparing it to another dessert or another song. Good things are typically good to us because they make us feel good, taste good, smell good. etc.
Taste and feeling are different things, but they are both part of that experience. They can change with time, e.g. when you're young you can despise eating vegetables.

Last edited:
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Thats part of being human, and although we all go through these traumas and negative experiences, they shape us as people and allow us to grow and maybe even support others in similar situations. Iron sharpens iron, and hardships gro character and wisdom. Sounds lame af, but hardships are necessary and you cant really appreciate the good in life without experiencing the bad first. You just gotta ork to surorund yourself and find people who genuinely care for you and have your best interest in mind, and although it may not be easy in alot of scenarios it is necessary for self preservation
I don't want to do any of that.

J

juna

Death is the only truth...
Mar 4, 2024
Life is literally a prison, in death, we are free.
Thank goodness, there is death. What would we do without death. I am glad I am not a vampire or a goblin.
And then there are people who want to live forever. They even get themselves frozen after death (cryonics) to be reanimated if such a technology becomes a reality. Are we a different species?

Reactions: iloverachel
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
We are in a sixth mass extinction due to human impact on the Earth: overpopulation, population growth and civilization cause extinction of species, wars, pollution and climate change. It is no wonder that life is hell.

Reactions: divinemistress36
A

All_is_in_vanity

Jan 9, 2023
Well yea. God designed life to be evil. Ofc this is hell. It was made to be hell, there is no heaven. Satan was actually the good guy, that's why he was cast to "hell". That's the only thing religious people get right. God is evil. I blame god for this existence

Reactions: divinemistress36
SilverTiger

SilverTiger

Life is the night, I seek the warmth of the sun.
Apr 18, 2024
The Buddhists have the right of this, life is suffering, and seeking oblivion in Nirvana is true peace.