• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

helicoptero

helicoptero

Estoy cansado jefe...
Jun 6, 2023
I can't help but wonder: why are we all here?
I didn't find an answer to that. I didn't find the meaning of life. I've been asking others, researching, thinking until I couldn't get further... It blows my mind how it has no meaning or purpose whatsoever.

I understand we have a survival instinct. I understand that we are very similar to animals and they only look forward to surviving and reproducing. The thing is that maybe we "evolved" too much... Don't get me wrong, I don't think we're perfect or anything like that, I mean to being conscious and starting to think about deeper stuff, starting to make these kind of questions to ourselves.

This is not new since many people have been wondering this same thing from many years ago... But how are the rest of people able to keep living knowing that there's no purpose? I honestly can't understand how they can be aware of this matter and just keep living as if it was nothing????

Sometimes I feel that maybe I went too far, maybe if a God exists (which I doubt) I crossed a line while thinking or reflecting, and they punished me. They punished me with the immeasurable weight of the lack of purpose in my back, that I have to carry now until the day I die.

I can't understand how people can just keep going with all the suffering, all the problems, all the bad things that have happened and still happening in this world. Are they unaware of all this? Am I looking at life with different eyes than them? Whose perception is right?

Like, how is it that we have to study and work most of our lives, sometimes in something we don't even like, to have one or two days free per week? What are you working for? What are you living for?... Most of the money you earn often is spent in basic stuff, what about what you like? Don't you work for that? Don't you work for enjoying life? Why is it that we barely can make it to the end of the month and we have to conform with this???

This is deeper than I can explain, my mind feels so foggy lately, it's getting harder to think and it's even harder to explain what's in my mind... Maybe today is not the day for writing this, but I wish to keep these thoughts of mine somewhere, therefore I made this post.

If someone is interested on thinking about this, feel free to Pm me, sometimes my mind still works.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
It's all perspective really. When I'm not in a depressive episode I can see just how much of a miracle it is to be alive. All the random elements coming together in an infinite universe and evolution that lead to me being here. The winner amongst 100m to an egg to be fertilised.

When I am in a depressive headspace I see life and existence as pointless.

helicoptero

helicoptero

Estoy cansado jefe...
Jun 6, 2023
It's all perspective really. When I'm not in a depressive episode I can see just how much of a miracle it is to be alive. All the random elements coming together in an infinite universe and evolution that lead to me being here. The winner amongst 100m to an egg to be fertilised.

When I am in a depressive headspace I see life and existence as pointless.
Ever since I made this question to myself, I haven't been able to ignore it
Even the days I felt better, if I thought about it it I would get to the same conclusion
I would like to understand the other perspective you see, I don't mean to bother you but if you have the time and wish to share I'm willing to listen. Maybe I don't agree but I would like to understand

xinino

xinino

Shackled
Mar 31, 2024
It is cynical how humans get upset about abstract things like age number, meaning of life, etc., when people started to ask about meaning that ascribed to lack of fulfillment. If you are satisfied, then you don't ask for meaning; you don't need it. Therefore, the meaning of life is living life without asking about meaning. And such life existed in the past in primitive societies; they did not even have the concept of meaning.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Ever since I made this question to myself, I haven't been able to ignore it
Even the days I felt better, if I thought about it it I would get to the same conclusion
I would like to understand the other perspective you see, I don't mean to bother you but if you have the time and wish to share I'm willing to listen. Maybe I don't agree but I would like to understand
I don't believe it is something we can explain, we either feel it or we don't.

I don't understand religious people and I doubt I ever will but something like 70% of the planet believe in God.

I just know life has no meaning whatever headspace I am in. I have to make my own meaning and progress in life.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Of course, it depends on whether someone has faith and believes it's real but, I suspect this is why we have things like religion. I feel it's very possible we invented religion in order to give us a sense of order, purpose and value.

As for people who don't believe but still seem to accept life- do they? So many people (relative normies) still complain about their lives. How much they have to work, the rising cost in living, the corruption and cruelty in the world. Those who are religious question why God lets it all go on. I'm not convinced many people are all that content.

I just think that it's more that perhaps they are not so unhappy that they want to kill themselves. They seem to feel an obligation to keep living and with suicide off the cards, most will try to live the best life they can I suppose. That requires money- so thereafter, it's a never ending loop of making money and spending it. I don't get the impression people are brilliantly content though. Think of the prevalence of 'self help' out there and the amount of people on antidepressants. I just think people try to find the lesser of the evils most of the time. They work because destitution and homelessness seems worse or- if they are able to- they claim benefits.

As to why the modern world is like it is. I don't think there's anything mystical about that. I think it's because we are a greedy species and people with money and power will do all they can to keep it- including subjugating everyone else. I don't think the human world is so different from aspects of the animal world there. Survival of the fittest or, at least the most ruthless.

I do agree with you though. Sometimes I wonder if evolution has taken us down a blind alley. Evolution doesn't always end up benefiting the creature. There are pretty detrimental attributes that have none the less caught on for some unfortunate animals.

I agree with you- I wonder if consciousness- this heightened sense of self awareness is one of them. It absolutely goes against our core principles to be antinatilist and suicidal yet, many of us here are 'achieving' both. Of course, not everyone ends up that way. Plus, people who have congenital illnesses still reproduce. Maybe it's my pessimism talking but it seems to me that as a species, we are becoming more and more mentally ill! Maybe it's that we're more aware of it now. Maybe it's our lifestyles or maybe, we are just breeding in more problems.

Reactions: helicoptero
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I agree that humans evolved way too much, in fact I find it tragic how the human species even evolved at all. Simply being conscious and aware leads to suffering and I'm tired of this meaningless, pointless existence, humans only question what is the purpose as they have this ability to be conscious and aware unlike animals who only act in a way in which to benefit their survival.

I see the existence of life as nothing more than a terrible tragedy, it's an abomination that resulted in so much unnecessary suffering, cruelty and harm, we only exist because other people were selfish enough to so harmfully impose existence even know there was never a need to exist. Existence just creates problems and pain there was never a need for with existing beings just waiting to die.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
On the one hand side there is the miracle of life coming into existence on the other hand side we humans created an artificial environment for us in which we have to live now. We created this environment in the last 5-6000 years when we started to live in cities. I would also say that in the last 200-300 years there was more development around us than ever before. Our evolution is slow we could not adapt to the "new normal" which we created for us. We're not made to look at screens almost 24/7, sitting in chairs, living in concrete deserts (=cities) and in concrete blocks (=flats) and we cannot eat "money". It's the means that is needed for everything but it's nothing natural- nature provides everything for free for all creatures!

What's the purpose of life?

From a natural point of view there's no purpose, life came into existence for an unknown reason, the universe itself provides the physics and elements that life is a possibility within it.

The question is why consciousness evolved to a point in us humans so that we are able to question everything. That also raises the question for the purpose of life especially when we live in an environment that is not our natural habitat and we are forced to do things we usually wouldn't do.

Food - water - a safe place to sleep - that's all what we would need but life in our society is more than that and it's based on money. Even if our basic needs are met we might not be happy / satisfied bc life in our society is more than just basic needs - we created this environment for us.

I hope my thoughts about this make some sense.

N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

It/Xe
Apr 2, 2023
I understand that we are very similar to animals
I know I'm gonna sound 🤓 for this but we are animals. Granted, tall animals with fat less fur than average and "smart" enough to think ourselves into oblivion, but animals all the same. We've evolved enough to deny our connection with the earth (not saying you're doing that, just that I perceive humans as doing such in general) and create various levels of fabricated reality for ourselves. Society is one, this notion that all of our weird norms and expectations are somehow natural, then there are smaller communities with their own norms and expectations, there's the Internet and social media which as a more "fake" reality is slowly becoming more ingrained in our lives and more "natural" to our fucked up little monkey brains, there are our own personal delusions (going thru some shit with a stalker who believes herself in a relationship with me entirely without my input, even after I'd told her numerous times that we aren't together and that I do not like her, must be nice to believe in something so wholeheartedly despite it being obviously fake lol)... We are animals with the ability to self delude like no other. Maybe that's the purpose, to delude ourselves into believing that there is a purpose... Or maybe I'm just being a pretentious asshole like usual lmao