• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

woundedanimal

Just a wounded animal that should be put down
Jul 12, 2023
I tried to OD on lithium carbonate last night but nothing happened other than me waking up angry at everything and wishing more that I could just stop waking up all together. I'm so tired of this and I just want out.

Is it possible to purposely induce lithium toxicity enough for it to be fatal? It's the only medication that I can consistently get ahold of and I'm close to just bashing my skull in so I just want to find something that will work.

Reactions: Untimely and juna
M

Moosh_Kaboosh

Oct 17, 2023
I tried to ctb using lithium carbonate back in November. The experience wasn't quite as awful as everyone said it would be, I would try again if I had a way to not vomit. How much did you take?

Last edited:
Reactions: Untimely
kilobyte

kilobyte

why am I conscious?
Oct 26, 2023
Lithium often causes long-term complications like neurological problems (cognitive issues, nerve pain, etc.) and kidney failure, which hurts a lot.

It will certainly be painful and slow as the toxicity will likely result from organ failure which takes many weeks or months.

Regarding efficacy, most people who attempt lithium poisoning suicides do not succeed in dying. The 2-6% statistic is probably representative of lithium poisoning suicide attempts as it is a commonly prescribed medication for suicidal people (people with bipolar have higher rates of suicidality)

Reactions: Untimely and juna
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
I use lithium regularly for my bipolar disorder threatment and looks like an OD is not a reliable method. There are no references/ sucess case in any literature (PPH, final exit) nor in any foruns (sasu, reddit, quora).

Should try to consider other reliable method:

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Sounds pretty unpleasant: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_toxicity

Also "low risk of death".
Especially this bit: "People who survive an intoxication episode may develop persistent health problems.[8] This group of persistent health symptoms are called syndrome of irreversible lithium-effectuated neurotoxicity (SILENT).[9] The syndrome presents with irreversible neurological and neuro-psychiatric effects.[10] The neurological signs are cerebellar dysfunction, extrapyramidal symptoms, and brainstem dysfunction.[11] The neuro-psychiatric findings present with memory deficits, cognitive deficits, and sub-cortical dementia."

Last edited:
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Sounds pretty unpleasant: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_toxicity

Also "low risk of death".
Especially this bit: "People who survive an intoxication episode may develop persistent health problems.[8] This group of persistent health symptoms are called syndrome of irreversible lithium-effectuated neurotoxicity (SILENT).[9] The syndrome presents with irreversible neurological and neuro-psychiatric effects.[10] The neurological signs are cerebellar dysfunction, extrapyramidal symptoms, and brainstem dysfunction.[11] The neuro-psychiatric findings present with memory deficits, cognitive deficits, and sub-cortical dementia."
Good information.

There is no substantiating evidence supporting a single good reason to attempt suicide using lithium

It is not reliable, it is not peaceful, it is high-risk of permanent injury & pain if (and reasonably, when) one survives.

There are other drugs but at the end of the day, if you cannot access a drug mentioned in the PPH, the next best alternatives are things like partial hanging, which you can use depressants (e.g., alcohol) to reduce both SI & discomfort.

Wishing you peace in living or dying ❤️

W

woundedanimal

Just a wounded animal that should be put down
Jul 12, 2023
Good information.

There is no substantiating evidence supporting a single good reason to attempt suicide using lithium

It is not reliable, it is not peaceful, it is high-risk of permanent injury & pain if (and reasonably, when) one survives.

There are other drugs but at the end of the day, if you cannot access a drug mentioned in the PPH, the next best alternatives are things like partial hanging, which you can use depressants (e.g., alcohol) to reduce both SI & discomfort.

Wishing you peace in living or dying ❤️
I don't really care about peace anymore. I don't care if it's painful. I just want to be free from this bullshit and I'm honestly getting more and more enraged and tempted to just pick a fight with a cop to see if I get shot. I just want to be able to die without having to wait weeks for shipping just to have it confiscated by the asshole I live with or ending up in another hospital with violent rapist ass staff or getting arrested by some racist transphobic pig.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
I don't really care about peace anymore. I don't care if it's painful. I just want to be free from this bullshit and I'm honestly getting more and more enraged and tempted to just pick a fight with a cop to see if I get shot. I just want to be able to die without having to wait weeks for shipping just to have it confiscated by the asshole I live with or ending up in another hospital with violent rapist ass staff or getting arrested by some racist transphobic pig.
I hear you. You're desperate. I'll help however I can ❤️

I'd also hate to see you fail and be even more desperate and hurt because the cops use non-lethal means, or receive non-fatal gunshots, etc. There's so many unpredictable possibilities with this route.

For a more reliable method, would you consider hanging?

I only discourage lithium because it will almost certainly make your situation worse. There are still other options that are plenty accessible.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I just want to be able to die without having to wait weeks for shipping just to have it confiscated
Have you considered the CO method? I think you can get all needed materials, charcoal, grill (or metal buckets), incl. a tent within a day or 2.

Reactions: juna