• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Hello, I know I'm always posting about things that helped me for five minutes! But today and yesterday I was functional and not bed ridden thanks to this combo. L Tryptophan is precursor to serotonin. Some people take it in doses of a few grams, spread through the day. And you can combine it with Lithium Orotate which is microdose Lithium. I'm taking 10 mg LO per day, and throwing L Tryptophan at myself - this AM maybe 600mg. I'm also eating Syrian Rue seeds intermittently, as they rebuild serotonin receptors. I hope this lasts longer than a few days!
No suicidal thoughts today!! Apart from in the morning before I took these. They work for me quickly, unlike meds which didn't help and these are safe with no side effects in the right doses.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I think it's awesome that you are proactive in your efforts to feel better, and clearly are researching and going through trial and error! I do the same for myself.

I've had the perception of success with 5htp in efforts to impact my serotonin levels. Periodically, I still take some, but with bipolar disorder, in my case, psychiatrists recommend not messing around too much with serotonin as this can trigger mania.

Wish I could experiment with lithium orotate, but trying lithium through my psychiatrist resulted in impacted kidney function, per my blood tests, so I was forced to discontinue lithium after a very brief period. I should research lithium orotate again, because I'm not completely convinced that it would impact my kidneys the same way.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Thank you @Chupacabra 44
They do say Lithium Orotate doesn't have the same side effect. I don't know.... one brand makes me thirsty, but this brand doesn't.

Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Thanks for the information. I'll re-look into lithium orotate today.

Lithium has multiple decades of usage behind it, and is a natural occurring mineral. It's a scary sounding name for many, but lithium is detected in drinking water, veggies, grains and spices. Personally, I prefer the idea of lithium vs most other pharmaceutical options for bipolar including my personal usage of Zyprexa, which I take prn for elevated mood.

I've tried many of the amino acids for myself over the years. Most seemed to be a trigger for my hypomania/mania. (It encouraged me to see I respond to these, although it wasn't in the manner I desired). Perhaps, there is an ideal dosage for me to optain equilibrium, but my tolerance seems much lower than the recommended serving size.

I've sampled L Glutamine endlessly, for example, since I have a huge, never ending tub of it, and every time I end up with elevated mood. L Glutamine will definitely be a main strategy for me the next time I get into a depressive state.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Thank you for this tip, am going to pick some up! I ran out of LT this AM and took too much 5 HTP instead as that's what was for sale locally- and was sick! Which was useful for a work situation today if I look on the bright side.
@Chupacabra 44 check out this guy:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Thank you for this tip, am going to pick some up! I ran out of LT this AM and took too much 5 HTP instead as that's what was for sale locally- and was sick! Which was useful for a work situation today if I look on the bright side.
@Chupacabra 44 check out this guy:

Thank you for the link. I haven't read anything from Peter Smith's site in a few years. I'll read his latest information.

It seems you've likely looked into the orthomolecular field? I find decent things to try there.

There was some terrific information in a book by Julia Ross called the Mood Cure. I'll start a thread about it and see if one of the posters can download a free e book for it.

Reactions: LittleJem