• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Recently, I've been doing some online tutoring for a family that I've worked with before. I used to do some work for them as a nanny/babysitter. They've been paying me over PayPal but for whatever reason, they've decided to file a chargeback dispute with PayPal, meaning that they've refunded their payments. I can't even get in contact with them because they're not answering any of my calls/messages. They've just decided to fuck me over for no reason.

I'm just so sad, angry and frustrated because not only did I waste my time, but I've lost the money I've earned. I was also relying on them to be a job reference for when I apply for another job.

I was actually having a good day until this happened. Now I'm just upset.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Hopefully this is just some kind of mistake on the part of PayPal and the money will be credited back to your account. If not, unsure if you have recourse filing through PayPal. One would think PayPal would have interest in examining disbuted claims from payees otherwise it somewhat lessens the desirability of receiving payments through this service. If in the States, I would advise you to file in small claims court. Not sure your options in the UK. I would encourage you to pursue your options to be made whole.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
They've blocked my phone number and when I tried calling with another phone, they just hang up on me. I will get in contact with PayPal and hopefully get my money back but I've still lost someone who was going to provide a job reference for me.

C

chronicpain

Oct 11, 2020
Hopefully this is just some kind of mistake on the part of PayPal and the money will be credited back to your account. If not, unsure if you have recourse filing through PayPal. One would think PayPal would have interest in examining disbuted claims from payees otherwise it somewhat lessens the desirability of receiving payments through this service. If in the States, I would advise you to file in small claims court. Not sure your options in the UK. I would encourage you to pursue your options to be made whole.
I agree with Chupa. I've worked with PayPal for years in my business. Contact them.
on another note I am 76 and living alone with only 1 good friend who's going to Medellin in December for a month. My business is down until I can get pain slowed enough to take care of computer work. I'm wondering how to find local people in similar circumstances to talk to who may have ideas. I've spent 31, years developing my business. Now alone in the house all day without being able to work on my at home business brings on the dark thoughts.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Not sure how PayPal works but if you have a dispute surely both parties have there say, now they have there money back I would lodge a complaint with PayPay and contact the https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ to lodge a complaint plus like and @Chupacabra 44 mentioned take them to a small claims court at least you will find out the reason why. Plus if your in the UK Judge Rinder springs to mind, lol

Make sure you have a written document to show proof of all the hours you worked and charged for, to add to your case.

Here's a song for you, lol I hope you enjoy it and good luck

Cheers

Geo

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I hope I don't have to take it to the small claims court. I don't actually have evidence that I've worked because it was just a bit of online tutoring. I've contacted PayPal and I'll see what happens next. Hopefully I can at least get my money back and I'll figure out what to do about not having a job reference later.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I hope I don't have to take it to the small claims court. I don't actually have evidence that I've worked because it was just a bit of online tutoring. I've contacted PayPal and I'll see what happens next. Hopefully I can at least get my money back and I'll figure out what to do about not having a job reference later.
I'm sorry this happened to you. Maybe you have some text messages for when you set up the online tutoring classes? I'm sorry but it looks like a scam... Were you the one to suggest payment through PayPal? I'm really sorry once again.

Reactions: Ghost2211
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I've been working for them for a long time. Don't know why we suddenly have a problem. I do have some messages that show they asked me to work as a tutor.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I wonder what made them turn on you so suddenly. This millennial invention of "ghosting" really pisses me off. My generation would tell you to your face why we're upset with you, and usually give you a chance to make good. These younger generations seem to just throw people away like garbage.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I wonder what made them turn on you so suddenly. This millennial invention of "ghosting" really pisses me off. My generation would tell you to your face why we're upset with you, and usually give you a chance to make good. These younger generations seem to just throw people away like garbage.
I have no idea either. I've worked for them for years and I'd always go out of my way to help them out with their kids. I don't get why people ghost you.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Wow that's such a jerk thing for them to do! I'm sorry I really hope there is someway you can get the money you earned and that your owed. I relate so much to life knocking me down again and again. In fact today I'm waiting on some news that just might make it break me. It's just so disheartening to keep living and trying for life to knock us back down .