• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It's you. The first 20 years is setting you up for the rest otherwise that's pointless too. I know I was tired already though before even starting a career. A year out became early retirement. I can't believe how fast it's gone so if that's what bothers you it's unnecessary. You'll see soon enough

dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Yeah I know what you mean!! Hahaha damn
I have had a good recovery for the last year and months but yesterday and today has been a really bad setback!!!

I have N in my fridge but I'm not yet ready to leave.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
And then hearing things like: "You're so young! You have so much ahead of you!" :meh: I can imagine the same words being said to a moon bear cub in captivity who soon will be farmed for bile for the next decade or two.

That isn't to say that your life will certainly not improve enough to feel good enough. Just expressing my frustration about ppl who claim it certainly will.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I really don't understand the human fascination with extending life. Life expectancy has increased so much over the past few centuries, and we keep trying to extend it further. I used to think as 50 as my cut-off. I now advocate for an earlier age for myself because I'm pretty sick of everything now, just a few weeks before I turn 38.

T

Trayus

Oct 3, 2020
Agreed, whats the point of living to 60 or 70 if your quality of life is shit. My best years where during school, its all been downhill from there. I wanted to either live forever with the vitality of a 20 year old or die as a 20 year old.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
We spend so long trying to find meaning or purpose; trying to fulfill some unclear goal. I'm not sure anyone dies with an understanding of what it was all about. Perhaps we should just be completely hedonistic our whole lives and then end it when we can't have any more pleasure. To be truthful, I think there are people who live this way. They usually are looked down upon by society (including me) but maybe they have the right idea...

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
We spend so long trying to find meaning or purpose; trying to fulfill some unclear goal. I'm not sure anyone dies with an understanding of what it was all about. Perhaps we should just be completely hedonistic our whole lives and then end it when we can't have any more pleasure. To be truthful, I think there are people who live this way. They usually are looked down upon by society (including me) but maybe they have the right idea...
I think this si true we've forgotten what the meaning of life is really supposed to be about.

Reactions: enuff
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Life seems to fly by I was brainwashed into thinking it's normal to go to church get a job, get married have children buy a car/house etc before you know it, your working long hours that's your life, in the winter it's grim you work hard come home eat, watch TV, surf the net and go to bed and repeat day in day out and you look back 30 years later and say WTF where has it gone.

The sad fact in the UK they have implicated measures for people living longer we pay into state pension but they keep changing the law, making you work longer to reach pensionable age.

Shame they never had a suicide policy for people who don't want to reach old age.

Cheers

Geo

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I wish our bodies had a sort of automatic shutdown mechanism in cases of ongoing major depression and existential despair.
Like, if we got to a certain point of hopelessness, all major life sustaining functions would just stop or something, as a way of preventing unnecessary suffering.
You'd think evolution could have come up with an inbuilt biological apparatus like that.

I also don't understand people who bring up that statistic about the chances of being born as you, which is about 1 in 400 trillion, as if we should be grateful about being alive or something.
'Think how lucky you are to be born', 'it's a miracle given the odds against it' etc.
Uh, no. I don't see anything lucky or miraculous about having entered a hellscape of meaninglessness and suffering.

Last edited:
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I think this si true we've forgotten what the meaning of life is really supposed to be about.
Can any of us really say what the meaning of life is supposed to be? I feel that anyone claiming they can, has a duty to demonstrate to everyone else how they know it is so; at least that would be very helpful of them. All we have until then is our own personal feelings to work with, and we tend to share many sentiments in common, but it's never a perfect match, there always seems to be disagreement inevitably because of our different brains. I'm happy to admit that I have no idea what the ultimate meaning of life is or if there is any true meaning to it at all.

F

Final_frontier

Student
Feb 23, 2019
I still find it hard to believe in evolution having gone to med school and seen everything inside out but that's just me, I'm probably a fool.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I still find it hard to believe in evolution having gone to med school and seen everything inside out but that's just me, I'm probably a fool.
Could you elaborate this further?
Are you talking about the complexity of things like even the simple cell, let alone whole living organisms, and the odds against such localized, intricate and apparently purposeful entropy decreases?

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I wish our bodies had a sort of automatic shutdown mechanism in cases of ongoing major depression and existential despair.
Like, if we got to a certain point of hopelessness, all major life sustaining functions would just stop or something, as a way of preventing unnecessary suffering.
You'd think evolution could have come up with an inbuilt biological apparatus like that.

I also don't understand people who bring up that statistic about the chances of being born as you, which is about 1 in 400 trillion, as if we should be grateful about being alive or something.
'Think how lucky you are to be born', 'it's a miracle given the odds against it' etc.
Uh, no. I don't see anything lucky or miraculous about having entered a hellscape of meaninglessness and suffering.
I hate that as well. I like to flip it around, we can observe how everyone ends up drawing a short straw in some aspect of their life no matter how 'lucky' they are; we're bound to suffer bad luck somewhere. Gratitude and luck are subjective, and why ought we be compelled to be grateful just because someone tells us we should? The fact is we either feel gratitude or we don't.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
F

Final_frontier

Student
Feb 23, 2019
Could you elaborate this further?
Are you talking about the complexity of things like even the simple cell, let alone whole living organisms, and the odds against such localized, intricate and apparently purposeful entropy decreases?
Yeah, exactly . Especially when you see everything degrades over time yet our bodies somehow got more complex and better all on its own? Could it be some intelligence, even alien behind this "apparently" purposeful design.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
Life seems to fly by I was brainwashed into thinking it's normal to go to church get a job, get married have children buy a car/house etc before you know it, your working long hours that's your life, in the winter it's grim you work hard come home eat, watch TV, surf the net and go to bed and repeat day in day out and you look back 30 years later and say WTF where has it gone.

The sad fact in the UK they have implicated measures for people living longer we pay into state pension but they keep changing the law, making you work longer to reach pensionable age.

Shame they never had a suicide policy for people who don't want to reach old age.

Cheers

Geo
old age is big business. think nursing homes, big pharma, hospitals, retirement villages, cruise ships & leisure industry, taxes, realtors and estate lawyers, etc. they don't want to lose customers, so they keep you alive until you run out of money and benefits. plus your 60's & 70's and up are the hardest part of life, imho, 'cause that's when you develop more aches & pains, organ failures, diseases, cancer, and other shit catches up with you. if you thought you'd live this long, maybe you would have take better care of yourself. haha. and then you start running out of money, your friends and fam start dying, and you're bored out of your mind. I don't want my new late-life career being a greeter at wal-mart. no way. i've lived and suffered long enough. i don't see my future getting better, like it was 30-40 years ago. when you're over-the-hill, it's all down from here

Reactions: voyager
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah, exactly . Especially when you see everything degrades over time yet our bodies somehow got more complex and better all on its own? Could it be some intelligence, even alien behind this "apparently" purposeful design.
Our complexity has steadily increased since our proposed origin as single cells, but what do you mean by "better"? Also, have you had a look at Conway's game of life? It seems to show that immense complexity can unexpectedly emerge from the simplest of rules. Computer scientist Stephen Wolfram is working further on this idea and is developing a potential theory of everything (Wolfram physics project). Using a computational approach, he has already derived general relativity, special relativity and quantum mechanics, however it's still a work in progress.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
old age is big business. think nursing homes, big pharma, hospitals, retirement villages, cruise ships & leisure industry, taxes, realtors and estate lawyers, etc. they don't want to lose customers, so they keep you alive until you run out of money and benefits. plus your 60's & 70's and up are the hardest part of life, imho, 'cause that's when you develop more aches & pains, organ failures, diseases, cancer, and other shit catches up with you. if you thought you'd live this long, maybe you would have take better care of yourself. haha. and then you start running out of money, your friends and fam start dying, and you're bored out of your mind. I don't want my new late-life career being a greeter at wal-mart. no way. i've lived and suffered long enough. i don't see my future getting better, like it was 30-40 years ago. when you're over-the-hill, it's all down from here

Many of you won't know this film but I think it would suit a lot of us, lol Logan's Run 1976 American Science Fiction Film

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: TheQ22
Niirvana

Niirvana

♥Soon♥
Sep 18, 2020
It is very long, my anxiety does not allow me to wait to die, I have to kill myself

Reactions: Helpmeplease