• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LaughingGoat

Experienced
Apr 11, 2024
War crimes might have been a bit off-topic, no? Is this bait? Have you seen the news in the past 7 months?
I was born in Jerusalem so I would say I'm aware, but that's my point. These are horrifying events which are being labeled as such, there was a time killing women and children indiscriminately during wartime was considered normal and justified. Now more people than ever realize it's not. I didn't mean all that as bait, just that the mindset that society is terrible compared to the past just isn't the reality of history.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't think it's a cop out, it's just the truth sadly.

Genuinely I do understand people who say CTB is rational and normal but the reality is that it's not normal. Anyone who wants to CTB is mentally unwell, the natural human condition is to want to be happy and live.

Being suicidal is not some mild issue as a cop out though, its a serious and fatal mental health issue.

A happy normal person simply just doesn't want to CTB.

Reactions: StalkedByDeath
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021

many people with physical injuries or disabilities or terminal illness decided to end their lives on ethical grounds without ever having a mental illness

• Bullying, prejudice or stigma, such as relating to your race, gender, disability or sexual identity
  • Different types of abuse, including domestic, sexual or physical abuse
  • Bereavement, including losing a loved one to suicide
  • The end of a relationship
  • Long-term physical pain or illness
  • Adjusting to a big change, such as retirement or redundancy
  • Money problems
  • Housing problems, including homelessness
  • Isolation or loneliness
  • Being in prison
  • Feeling inadequate or a failure
  • Addiction or substance abuse
  • Pregnancy, childbirth or postnatal depression
  • Doubts about your sexual or gender identity
  • Cultural pressure, such as forced marriage
  • Society's expectations, for example to act a certain way or achieve certain things

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It's insane to me how pro-lifers label suicide as "irrational" when it's the only escape from the meaningless yet so torturous burden of existing as a human. Those people who talk about suicide in such a way are either lying or blind, acting like there is something wrong with individuals for preffering true peace over pointless suffering in an existence that there was never a need for in the first place shows a clear lack of awareness, their delusions are also deeply insulting.

It's sad how many refuse to accept that suicide is a very valid personal choice with existence itself being the problem instead, it disgusts me how they label it as an "illness" if one wants to take control over when they die rather than suffering so senselessly for decades on end just to be tormented dying in agony from old age. Wanting suicide is all that feels rational to me especially as nobody can suffer from non existence yet existing can potentially get so torturous way beyond how anyone can imagine it to, existence was never a desirable state in the first place and more than anything I wish I never existed at all.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I absolutely feel this too. To the extent sometimes I wonder if I could get myself declared mentally competent before I CTB. I don't really know how or why you'd go about doing that though.

Maybe I don't have the same optimistic outlook as a lot of 'normies'. Maybe I don't put as much value in the things they do. I don't think that makes me crazy though.

I suppose I'm not utterly against the idea that maybe my brain is different. Maybe I have some sort of very long-term and deep seated depression. I've had ideation for 34 years. I wish they would prove it though.

It's not exactly debilitating though. That's what pisses me off the most. If we're really that mentally unstable, we shouldn't be expected to hold down a job. I find it very unlikely I'd qualify for benefits- so- I can't be that incapable. Why should they have it both ways? Either I'm mentally competent enough to live an outwardly normal life and therefore, I am competent to make a decision on whether I even want to live. Or- because I have suicidal thoughts, I'm terribly vulnerable and the state should be paying for my upkeep. They want it both ways though.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov