• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
I've always found it funny, that life seems to be struggling after a struggle, yet there is no reward, nothing you get, in the end, life is just the lead-up to death.
I don't really see the point in doing something this hard, for this long, without getting something out of it.
In the end, it all just seems pointless.

Just keep pushing and making enormous efforts, only to start at the bottom of the mountain again. Reward is sheer luck, there is no rule that all hard work should yield results

Life seems like an endless stream of tedious, Pay bills, work, clean the house... maybe if you are really lucky, you can afford a holiday once in a while.

What's it all for? What's the point of it?

you struggle for much of your life, juggle anxieties with depression, health issues, jobs, etc. and you're always just so exhausted. By the time death comes, you at least know the struggle and burden of life is over.

life is a struggle. Being born means struggle. That's for all living things.

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Completely True. I finally understood it and I will ctb in 2 or 3 months. I'm useless and I'm a liar like many of us, but most of all i have some deep scars,that will never go away.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Where did this "reward" idea originated from I wonder. Religions?

I think it just makes people have unrealistic expectations. Life is chaos, things happen and being owed something is a human concept.
I guess my point is that the pain in life outweighs the pleasure. So much pain and so little pleasure…

RollingGiant

RollingGiant

stay cool
Jan 25, 2024
Yeah, this is true. A lot of the time people deal with dissatisfaction with their life by focusing on some goal off in the future that they think will finally give them lasting happiness and make all the shit they've gone through in life worth it. Unfortunately, it's easy to see that other people who've already achieved that goal aren't going around in some blissful state; they still have problems just like everybody else. Whether it's a certain job, a great relationship, making art, having kids, travelling the world, or any other dream that people have, on the off chance they actually achieve it, the satisfaction that comes always lasts shorter than they expect.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I guess my point is that the pain in life outweighs the pleasure. So much pain and so little pleasure…
Dw I was just thinking about the concept op was talking about, it was not aimed at you or anyone in particular.

Reactions: sserafim