• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
Don't always gotta discuss negative emotions, I wanna know if there is anything that gives you even the tiniest of happy feelings.

Reactions: Cyanide
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
When I get home and my dog jumps over me and licks my face and hands like there is no tomorrow. Like we didn't see each other for years (but at most, we were apart for a few hours). I know that she is licking me not only because she missed, but because she is curious about the weird scents (that only she can tell) from the places I visited that are now on my body, but it still makes me feel good and also cared for, which is rare for me.

Also, when my dog is sleeping next to my back (she sleeps on my bed) and she enters REM sleep and starts dreaming, it is super cute how she shakes and tries to run in her sleep. Well, in short, my dog makes me happy.

I also do very much enjoy good music and good stories.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
Animals. They're one of the reasons why I'm still here. If I could ever get out of this mess I'm in I'd want to be a vet.

Have you looked into schooling? Or volunteering somewhere?

I wanted to be a vet, but I started getting allergic reactions to all furry animals when I was in middle school and had to give up my dream.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
When I get home and my dog jumps over me and licks my face and hands like there is no tomorrow. Like we didn't see each other for years (but at most, we were apart for a few hours). I know that she is licking me not only because she missed, but because she is curious about the weird scents (that only she can tell) from the places I visited that are now on my body, but it still makes me feel good and also cared for, which is rare for me.

Also, when my dog is sleeping next to my back (she sleeps on my bed) and she enters REM sleep and starts dreaming, it is super cute how she shakes and tries to run in her sleep. Well, in short, my dog makes me happy.

I also do very much enjoy good music and good stories.

Awe, I love that! That's super cute! What kind of music and stories are you into?

never getting better

never getting better

Apr 27, 2018
Awe! Sunny days make me feel better too, all that vitamin D. What kind of music do you like?

All sorts really. 70s Funk, RnB & Soul, 80s Pop, some New Wave, some classic Metal like Black Sabbath. Some of my favourite artists are Prince, Stevie Wonder, David Bowie & Kate Bush.

Kira

Kira

Same stuff, different day
Apr 27, 2018
Have you looked into schooling? Or volunteering somewhere?

I wanted to be a vet, but I started getting allergic reactions to all furry animals when I was in middle school and had to give up my dream.
I have looked into vet schools. I want to try but I'm also constantly having doubts. I don't feel like I'm good enough, they won't accept me, my anxiety won't let me, etc. Everyone talks about how hard vet school is and how competitive things are and it's a bit discouraging. I'm pretty allergic to cats and sometimes dogs, but it's tolerable. The most I've done is volunteer at one of the local animal shelters. I may be able to volunteer at a vet's office sometime this summer, since my family know the people working there.

Reactions: DF90 and Cyanide
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
From another topic but includes the answer :

Never been really happy in a "year". Since childhood my happiness was short-term only. The happiness I get is from video games, watching anime, technology and internet (except toxicity), food and sexuality. There are more things but all are of short intervals (even if it is continuous like learning a language for years it is considered short because whenever I stop the happiness ends)
Otherwise, whenever my little happiness and distraction ends, no, it sucks. I hated the world and I was ignorant and I learned about it and hated it more. These things I do was my real happiness that made me continue living. I delayed ctb many times because of these stuff. I wrote a list of games to play and things to do. Tbh sometimes I wish to continue doing these stuff and more but life is brutal

sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
Mostly any form of escape is what lightens my mood. My best combination is something psychoactive kicking in as I get into an anticipated new book or begin rewatching a favorite old film. I sometimes like to time the rising upswing of some chemical with a romance; it allows me to suspend my disbelief long enough that I can imagine something like that happening to me.

Sometimes exercise is alright, especially walking alone at night. I enjoy buying or making special presents for people. Probably the strangest thing I enjoy is creating complex plans, timetables, and so forth, then executing the plan.

All of these are very ephemeral. I am less unhappy, or at least distracted, for only a little bit. Minutes, typically.

Reactions: FullFat and Cyanide
Cyanide

Cyanide

It's muffin time!!!
Apr 13, 2018
These things just make me happy temporarily (for a few minutes) but here is the list:
  1. Music - Chill music make me feel really euphoric. I prefer songs that are kinda slow but not that slow, have a lot of variation in frequencies (a lot of highs and a lot of lows), nice lyrics etc. I need something that has an uplifting tune to it but saddening lyrics. I usually listen to songs on Soundcloud and on some YouTube channels such as Chill Nation and MrSuicideSheep. Listening to music while on my bed or sitting on the edge of my balcony's railing or taking a long walk are the best experiences for me.
  2. Anything related to technology - I am kinda interested in tech and just doing random crap like messing with the kernel and bootloader of my devices, programming some shit, making some DIY crap with a raspberry pi, and just simply following some tech news makes me happy.
  3. Reading - It is also a bit enjoyable but since the last few weeks I am not able to concentrate on most things (including books) so I am not able to read more than a few pages before I mentally drift off. Just stuck a bit deep into the suicidal trance.
I guess that's pretty much it.

ondodera

ondodera

Unfortunately alive.
Mar 17, 2018
Movies and my favorite weather conditions: rain and snow, which rarely happens where I live sadly. Movies always have my back though, 2 hours of a distraction with actors I enjoy on screen.

Music too, sometimes.

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
Mostly any form of escape is what lightens my mood. My best combination is something psychoactive kicking in as I get into an anticipated new book or begin rewatching a favorite old film. I sometimes like to time the rising upswing of some chemical with a romance; it allows me to suspend my disbelief long enough that I can imagine something like that happening to me.

Sometimes exercise is alright, especially walking alone at night. I enjoy buying or making special presents for people. Probably the strangest thing I enjoy is creating complex plans, timetables, and so forth, then executing the plan.

All of these are very ephemeral. I am less unhappy, or at least distracted, for only a little bit. Minutes, typically.

Ooh boy, do I relate to timing the chemical chemicals highs. Alcohol, my boring default, is tricky though. There's a small window of opportunity on the dosage with it. Too much and you fall asleep or the room spins.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
Now, nothing. I used to listen music, play videogames or enjoy stories but now I don't have mood enough for doing anything.

I've been in that mood for a long time. I recently started pushing myself to go for walks, drives, play a game, etc and it's helping a tiny bit! You should try doing them anyways!

T

Tiburcio

I've been in that mood for a long time. I recently started pushing myself to go for walks, drives, play a game, etc and it's helping a tiny bit! You should try doing them anyways!
Even if I would like doing it, I'm having no time for doing anything, I'm very busy recently. Maybe if I could I would do something.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
I have looked into vet schools. I want to try but I'm also constantly having doubts. I don't feel like I'm good enough, they won't accept me, my anxiety won't let me, etc. Everyone talks about how hard vet school is and how competitive things are and it's a bit discouraging. I'm pretty allergic to cats and sometimes dogs, but it's tolerable. The most I've done is volunteer at one of the local animal shelters. I may be able to volunteer at a vet's office sometime this summer, since my family know the people working there.

A super late reply, but have you gotten any news on possibly being able to volunteer this summer? :)

Reactions: Kira and Cyanide