• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I honestly cannot stand when people say life is a gift, or that it is something we should be grateful for. Life is a CURSE.

Surely this is what they mean when they say life is a gift. Well, I don't want to keep it im throwing it in the trash and burning it

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
There's as much cultural nonsense surrounding the idea that life is a gift as any other uncomfortable topic that human's try to explain away in order to feel secure. After all, we came into this world without our consent and certainly weren't handed a road map. From the first traumatic push through the birth canal, we landed in a situation not of our choosing. I contend that everyone is suffering from some form of PTSD due to the birth process alone, but when you factor in the total randomness of the lottery of birth, the deck really is stacked against many of us.

Life is such that everything is hanging in a precarious balance and the tiniest breeze at the wrong moment can send any lucky lottery winner into a tailspin from which they may never recover. And, whether we want to admit it or not, the grim possibilities appear to be limitless. From a microscopic brain-eating amoeba up our nose to enduring the death of a child to being bludgeoned by another crazed human being, we are under threat every moment of every day of our short lives in a million different ways.

E

Ephemeron

human trash
Dec 17, 2023
People who say that live nice lives, usually, and their conditions allow them to ignore the suffering of the world (until some completely random event fucks them up, as mentioned by Darkover). In contrast, we who life have dealt a shit hand for whatever reasons, are able to see it all for what it is.

I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
People who say that live nice lives, usually, and their conditions allow them to ignore the suffering of the world (until some completely random event fucks them up, as mentioned by Darkover). In contrast, we who life have dealt a shit hand for whatever reasons, are able to see it all for what it is.
I remember talking to a co-worker a few weeks ago and he said he never experienced suicidal thoughts in his entire life. I wonder what its like to have a non-depressed brain. I wish I could see the world in a more positive light and enjoy it, but it seems impossible and i would be lying to mysekf

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Gifts are meant to be given to somebody when considering their best interests and gifts are also something that the one receiving it is not obligated to accept. However, in life, you don't have a choice to choose it... you're forced into existence against your will

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
"If someone tells me that life is a gift, I counter with: "There are shitty gifts, and I think life is one of them."
Gifts are meant to be given to somebody when considering their best interests and gifts are also something that the one receiving it is not obligated to accept. However, in life, you don't have a choice to choose it... you're forced into existence against your will
"Coz its not about you. You are not the recipient, you ARE that gift. And ofcoz a "gift" is not supposed to discard itself. PS: ffs having kids is so selfish, the more I understand what is going on, the more I fxxking hate it."

""Life is a gift" OFCOZ is all about the parents. The PARENTS want a person, a kid as a "gift" so they can order him around, do as parents say etc. Life is not a gift to the kid, it is a gift to the parents. And therefore parents are entitled to discard the kids whenever they want to, spank them, punish them etc."

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
"Coz its not about you. You are not the recipient, you ARE that gift. And ofcoz a "gift" is not supposed to discard itself. PS: ffs having kids is so selfish, the more I understand what is going on, the more I fxxking hate it."
That first part makes no sense at all analogy wise. You can't create a gift out of nothing because that would violate the conservation of energy. We aren't the gift itself... we're the victims of a "gift", the "gift" of life that we didn't even consent into receiving to begin with. Moreover, society forces you to keep this "gift" no matter what. The second part about how having kids is selfish is accurate though

E

Ephemeron

human trash
Dec 17, 2023
I remember talking to a co-worker a few weeks ago and he said he never experienced suicidal thoughts in his entire life. I wonder what its like to have a non-depressed brain. I wish I could see the world in a more positive light and enjoy it, but it seems impossible and i would be lying to mysekf
Yeah, I often wonder too, but that would mean I didn't grow up being abused. My brain makes sure I never forget it, so I can't lie to myself.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
That first part makes no sense at all analogy wise. You can't create a gift out of nothing because that would violate the conservation of energy. We aren't the gift itself... we're the victims of a "gift", the "gift" of life that we didn't even consent into receiving to begin with. Moreover, society forces you to keep this "gift" no matter what. The second part about how having kids is selfish is accurate though
We are the gift

"it actually caters to the need and desires of the giver"

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
How can we be the gift itself? We aren't life... we are the ones experiencing life. I'm so confused
We are the gift to our parents. They had us because *they* wanted a kid in order to fulfill their own desires. We're basically the product lol

"In some parts ot the world parents expect their child to take care of them by sending money when you get a job. Essentially the gift is making you work for their wellbeing"

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Life is what you make of it. It is a gift to most and a curse to few (less than five percent...). It's both a gift and a curse similar to the double-meaning hope that was caught in Pandora's pithos. Life isn't about always being happy. You need rain to appreciate the sunshine. If we were always happy, we would never be able to appreciate it. We cherish happiness because it's not constantly available. Malo accepto stultus sapit

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Maybe she means we are the gift to our parents, who we look after at old age the gift (us) goes to the parents.
We are the gift to our parents. They had us because *they* wanted a kid in order to fulfill their own desires. We're basically the product lol

"In some parts ot the world parents expect their child to take care of them by sending money when you get a job. Essentially the gift is making you work for their wellbeing"
Ohh, I get it now. That took me a while to understand. Thanks for clarifying. I agree with you as we're here because our parents wanted us to satisfy them and to fulfil their arbitrary conditions. Of course I refuse to do this in my case as my parents want me to have children which is something that I don't want. My parents originally wanted me as a gift for them but soon they'll realise that they didn't get themselves a gift after all as I plan to defy their desires to have grandchildren

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Like Covid. People in my country were literally hysterical. Like a heard of sheeps when the wolf is around. It was ridiculous to me, I m sorry to say. I can abslutely not understand why people panic because of something like that. THey must be so priviliged that they have no other problems....

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I find it deeply insensitive and insulting when people act like others should be grateful for having decades of meaningless suffering imposed on them by those selfish enough to force life into this world filled with endless torment and cruelty that is beyond hellish in every way possible. To have the ability to exist is a pointless yet so harmful imposistion that can potentially get so torturous way beyond how anyone could imagine it to that was completely unnecessary in the first place.

Human existence really is the most futile and tortuous burden that to me was never desirable, more than anything I wish I never existed, I'm disgusted by those who insist that existence is something so positive especially as nobody can suffer from the absence of it yet there is no limit as to how much agony one can feel as long as they exist and I don't want to suffer in any way. It's disturbing and so horrific how existing beings are capable of being tormented to such extreme extents, all that's ideal to me is being permanently unconcious for all eternity, I've only ever wished for non-existence.

crystal_meth97

crystal_meth97

Nie mam zamiaru się poddać
May 1, 2024
You have to be really out of touch with reality to make such a nonsensical statement. Life implies suffering, to a greater or lesser extent. It's something you're forced to experience, without your consent. If it's a gift, I'd like to return it and I wouldn't have accepted it in the first place if I had a choice. It's the most cruel gift ever. I can't stand it when people make such delusional statements, they're either too privileged to see how life can truly be or they're fooling themselves, forcing themselves to believe that life is a gift to cope with how shitty their life actually is.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Life is an imposition where you suffer regularly throughout your life for no purpose

Then there's always the possibility of falling into a trap of extreme unimaginable suffering and unbearable pain that no one can even imagine

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Life seems to consist of more suffering than happiness - at least for those who are unlucky - but humans focus more on negative things than the positive ones. Life can be good if one can decide the time of one´s death. The average life expectancy is too high. When I see very old people, I don´t understand why these people want to live and suffer so long. Dying of old age can take decades. Many humans are so afraid of death that they do anything to prolong their lives. It is civilization that creates this long lifespan. Society is against the course of nature. Suicide and euthanasia are about to live and die with dignity - and people who want to shorten their lives don´t have it easy in societies where life should be extended in all circumstances.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Life isn't a gift, but it's also not a curse. It's neutral. I don't believe in life being an inherently good or bad thing. Whether it seems good or bad to you depends on your experiences and general outlook. Some people find that the good outweighs the bad and others see the opposite. I don't think life can be described in such a generalized manner. Some people view life as a gift, while others see it as a curse. It all depends on the person.

UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

ᅠᅠ
Sep 15, 2023
Well gifts are not always good right. Maybe it's the ugly itchy sweater mom gave you for Christmas and you force yourself to wear it just so she doesn't get sad.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
Life is like a box of chocolates. Chocolate is disgusting.

Reactions: iloverachel