• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kurinoy

Kurinoy

I'm the rain. I'm the moonlight.
Apr 5, 2022
This idea just came to me. Sometimes, well, pretty often we feel like we are in hell and our minds are sinking in the mud. In those moments when we are almost having a breakdown we have to do something about it.

But there's no always energy to face our demons, so what if we just forget them for a while...

These are series/moviws that make me feel in peace when the anxiety is withering my leaves.

Mushishi - this is an anime (ye am otaku). It has spiritual vibes, the protagonist is always traveling through Japan helping people who suffer a lot because of some spirits that are affecting their lives. The show is very peaceful and has a lot of suspense.

The Pursuit of Happyness - Will Smith slaps the life when everything in his life is ruined, but he has a son that motivates him to stand up everyday.

Brooklyn 99 - this serie has some kind of absurd humor that always has made me forget my problems. It has a lot of nice messages to the viewers and is still being produced.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
kinos journey- is essentially mushi-shi, the mc travels around, but instead of dealing with mushi, kinos trying to find a country to settle down in. and she talks to a motorcycle for some reason. This one is pretty dark at times.

aria the animation- girl goes to aqua, (venice on mars) to be a undine, or a prima. Very comfy, and no conflict to keep the plot moving

usagi drop- mc is a middle aged bachelor who takes in his grandfathers illegitimite child, because family wanted to get rid of her. lighthearted drama first ep, then its permanently slice of life comfy

Kurinoy

Kurinoy

I'm the rain. I'm the moonlight.
Apr 5, 2022
kinos journey- is essentially mushi-shi, the mc travels around, but instead of dealing with mushi, kinos trying to find a country to settle down in. and she talks to a motorcycle for some reason. This one is pretty dark at times.

aria the animation- girl goes to aqua, (venice on mars) to be a undine, or a prima. Very comfy, and no conflict to keep the plot moving

usagi drop- mc is a middle aged bachelor who takes in his grandfathers illegitimite child, because family wanted to get rid of her. lighthearted drama first ep, then its permanently slice of life comfy
Have you seen Natsume Yuujinchou? It's similar to Mushishi as well. I'm gonna check Kinos Journey!

J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
As I get older, I realize there aren't many anime series I really love on a deep level, but I love Mushishi... Haibane Renmei is another favorite, although it has some heavy themes.

Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
Cloud Atlas film adaptation of book by David Mitchell always improve my mood it is about how small acts of kindness transcend through time and space changing us and reality and about seeking connection with your soulmate through many incarnations created by your actions good or bad.

From anime Death Note is my favorite it is about dual nature of justice their different conceptions absolute justice vs justice by law

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I actually really like the pursuit of happiness even if it's cliche and unrealistic.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It always made me feel good as someone with ptsd and dissociation/memory lapses.

The first two seasons of Twin Peaks

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Have you seen Natsume Yuujinchou? It's similar to Mushishi as well. I'm gonna check Kinos Journey!
natsume yuujinchou is a personal favorite, I hope you like kinos journey.

Draxolotl

Draxolotl

jagged teeth
Aug 24, 2023
I like watching Ghost Files. Seeing men my age being whimsical and silly makes me feel happy and comforted.
Ghost Files is 100% free to watch on youtube, including debrief videos, evidence, and bloopers. Season two just started and it's a STRONG start.
also like to watch the improv game shows Make Some Noise and Game Changer.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I used to like watching the show Bob's burgers but my anhedonia ruined it for me.

Marine

Marine

Make love win against fear 🤍
Jul 5, 2020
Currently VIVANT (japanese drama). In many ways relatable.
Otherwise LOTR + it's a podcast but What On Earth Is Happening + Larken Rose's videos (sometimes).

Last edited:
I

ilovemybed

Dec 5, 2022
early 2000s chick flick movies always do the trick. i think ive watched them religiously like two three times every month

borntosuffer

borntosuffer

borne
Sep 11, 2023
Films by Joel Haver (which are all free on YouTube) have been my comfort lately

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
Bojack Horseman
Unfortunately I seem to be a fucked up mix of Bojack and Diane. I had a father that was like both his parents. I literally had my father yell at me the exact same things his parents did. So many of the things Bojack and Diane feel are the same things I feel. I love the poem by secretariat "the view from halfway down". I'm actually considering getting a tattoo from that episode on my forearm as something to help keep myself here and grounded when I have frantic suicidal moments.

garfy

garfy

Sep 21, 2023
uptown girls is a rlly good film imo, idk something abt it reconnected something inside lawl
for anime i rlly like kaiba, i get something new after each rewatch and its honestly such a cute short series in spite of a couple adult themes
unironically - south park is great for background noise, i love hearing unhinged shit when im in the middle of gaming or something
wish i could recommend more, i used to be a real big film junkie then fell out of it

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
There is a anime called the Kings Avatar but I like to watch the live version.
I really love the themes, its all about gaming, finding friends and acceptance for who you are.

M

mimig1805

Aug 12, 2023
this might be cringe but bluey lol, it heals my inner child everytime I watch it and it's helped me not relapse again, it doesn't take a great deal of attention or effort to understand the stories so that's nice when im overwhelmed, if I'm feeling up for it I'll watch Aang the last aribender, the found family trope is my fav

angeliccry

angeliccry

~♱~
Mar 30, 2023
for me personally, it's tokusatsu series and movies, kamen rider in particular.
tokusatsu is a japanese style of cinema which is popular with its heavy usage of special effects and such, a popular example is super sentai as well as the american adaptation power rangers.
kamen rider is the first show from the same writers of super sentai. it follows different stories each season which aren't connected apart from the basic idea of a "kamen rider" whom is a superhero in a costume (usually resembling an insect or animal) whom rides a motorcycle. the subject matter and target demographic vary therefore it can be like a kids show or even an adult oriented series. Iam5d7p49vv81 ALL BASE

BrokeN__lil’__girl

BrokeN__lil’__girl

dead_inside
May 10, 2023
For me it's "Friends", this wonderful British show "Miranda", American show "The Middle", YouTube channel KuplinovPlay (Russian) and good old "Dumb and Dumber" :hihi:

Reactions: Serious_Sam
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Stranger than Fiction

Lonely dude with a sad life falls in love and learns to live life. Emma Thompson kills it a mean, cynical, cigarette-smoking writer of tragedies.

I watch this when I need a little pick-me-up.

Another good one is Count of Monte Cristo which starts sad but gets better and ends with a classic Hollywood happy ending. I agree with every single one of the changes they made from the book which was much darker and not in a way I appreciated.

• Love
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
This may sound strange, given it's a horror series and has lots of gore and mutilation and the like, but whenever I watch or play Higurashi it's like returning home from a long journey. The core theme is also about trusting your friends; the reason shit goes so haywire
in every timeline
is because characters aren't trusting their friends, so...

W

whateverr

-
Oct 19, 2021
I haven't been able to rewatch stuff at all lately. Guess I am craving novelty. For a while, I was into supernatural horror, but I think I was trying to watch too much TV/movies and needed to get out more. Nothing has really had much of a great effect on me recently.

itchygator

itchygator

Jan 17, 2024
"Flaked"
Show on Netflix. Definitely a good AA/NA struggle show.

Serious_Sam

Serious_Sam

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
My Name is Earl

its about a guy who wins the lottery and uses the money to help out all the people hes hurt over the years. It actually got me through a very difficult time in my life.
Stranger than Fiction

Lonely dude with a sad life falls in love and learns to live life. Emma Thompson kills it a mean, cynical, cigarette-smoking writer of tragedies.

I watch this when I need a little pick-me-up.
this is easily one of my favorite movies of all time! i love everything about it. you done took my answer lol

Reactions: Celerity
trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
My #1 comfort show is Schitt's Creek. I love the humor, the characters and their development over the series and how talented everyone who worked in the show is! I watch SC every night until I fall asleep.

I've also liked Brooklyn 99, Parks And Recreation, House and lately I've been watching a show called Loudermilk. It's stupid enough to forget my problems and make me laugh. Not one of my top 5 shows though.