• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
I've been planning on moving out and finally leave my family behind, but I still struggle with all the same, loneliness, no friends, very low self esteem and the usual. I wish I could take action but nothing works, working out helps me with my low self esteem but ultimately it doesn't come from body issues so it doesn't help much. I wish I could take action and meet more people but it's so fucking hard.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Volunteer work can be a way to ease into social connections. Having a common task can distract from the social intensity.

Working with the retarded or elderly can also be a way to ease into social connections with less risk.

Getting a part time job as a waiter could also provide brief task oriented social encounters.

Z

zi99

Feb 23, 2020
I can relate, I dont even know where to meet people that will be on the same wave with me, except of Internet

Candy_Catalyst

Candy_Catalyst

Doggy, let's play fetch.
Mar 20, 2023
Hmm, I've never had any issue with communicating, I have the tendency to strike up conversations with strangers out at night, I take comfort in the idea that we will never meet again. Bars, clubs, parks stuff like that or dating apps it's a good way to find people nearby. It takes a lot of courage but you'd be surprised by how many people wish to speak to someone too. You will find someone who clicks and won't let go eventually and I wish you well

Last edited: