• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Working serves no purpose, it's just the psychopaths throwing you scraps for your soul and domination over the masses

It's even more cucked for people like us to work when we do not get a safe stable future (property) which is a basic human need

I know this is a boring thread but a lot of people even here are desperate to get fucked by a shit job and an unfair society

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: gantaigarashi, Cherry Crumpet, destinationlosangel and 13 others
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
there really is no point. Work sucks. I work only casual (2-3 shifts a week) and i feel mentally exhausted and drained and miserable.
there isn't any point to living either. Suffering is the only guarantee in life

Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, sadgirl2023 and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
there really is no point. Work sucks. I work only casual (2-3 shifts a week) and i feel mentally exhausted and drained and miserable.
there isn't any point to living either. Suffering is the only guarantee in life
Work is such a scam. It's literally modern day slavery. You work to give the profits to your employer and pay tons of taxes to the state

Last edited:
Reactions: Cherry Crumpet, xinino, myusername890 and 3 others
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
Work is such a scam. It's literally modern day slavery. You work to give the profits to your employer and pay tons of taxes to the state
its a pointless cycle
we work to feed ourselves so we can work longer and stay imprisoned in this world longer
Most work sucks and is boring and unfulfilling. I don't even remember the last time i heard someone say they enjoy work. Most people say they find work a painful chore

Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, sadgirl2023 and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I know this is a boring thread but a lot of people even here are desperate to get fucked by a shit job and an unfair society

I'm not sure it's that they want to. It's more that their choices may look bleaker than yours. They may have no one at all to support them and, not be eligible for benefits. Seeing as it's not all that easy to just kill yourself, many of us comply because the alternative is worse. That is the point I suppose- to avoid a worse alternative. I totally agree that it sucks though.

• Aww..
Reactions: jar-baby, sserafim, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
It's literally modern day slavery.
I've been resisting pulling at this thread, but seeing it repeated 100 times a day I can't help myself: what is "modern day" about it, in your mind? Why is it different compared to the past?
I'm not sure it's that they want to. It's more that their choices may look bleaker than yours. They may have no one at all to support them and, not be eligible for benefits. Seeing as it's not all that easy to just kill yourself, many of us comply because the alternative is worse. That is the point I suppose- to avoid a worse alternative. I totally agree that it sucks though.
Yes. Most people are not rich like her family. She benefits plenty from all the "cucked" workers in the "system".

e: that's not to say she does not have difficulties to overcome. You can come from a rich family and still have your own unique hurdles.

Last edited:
Reactions: lnlybnny, jar-baby, Linda and 3 others
D

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
It depends on the job, if you get a good career then a house is possible but you would just have to get a mortgage to pay it off. I suppose you can't buy houses anymore since they're so expensive compared to the boomer generation.

If it's just a low/minimum wage job then it's pointless and you're going to struggle and those jobs are gruelling from what I heard.

Pointless working for me since I'm on the spectrum regardless.

Reactions: Arachno, divinemistress36, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It depends on the job, if you get a good career then a house is possible but you would just have to get a mortgage to pay it off. I suppose you can't buy houses anymore since they're so expensive compared to the boomer generation.

If it's just a low/minimum wage job then it's pointless and you're going to struggle and those jobs are gruelling from what I heard.

Pointless working for me since I'm on the spectrum regardless.
I'm also on the spectrum but I don't want to work or become just another slave to the system. I don't want to work my life away. I don't see how it's worth it when you will die in the end anyways. Where's the reward for your struggle? Why struggle for your whole life? I'd rather be a NEET and then die. For me, it's NEET or rope

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, xinino and 4am
godbody

godbody

Apr 21, 2024
honestly yes, but it's also good to sometimes have a distraction & something to do. I hate it, but hate it less than sitting around all day stewing in thoughts.

but as soon as shit starts getting manipulative, or steeped in favouritism, or it gets too sharky, i just leave. I think there's a happy medium — you can maintain a fair bit of autonomy by setting boundaries & still literally not caring to the point where you just will quit if it's too much. I am a big quitter, I love it — like you (management) think I wouldn't just quit? I don't mind being a NEET but I like distractions & pocket money too.

Reactions: xinino
Dark Window

Dark Window

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2024
The only point is enjoying life really. If you're depressed and don't enjoy anything, life will feel pointless.

Reactions: Arachno, divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
D

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
I'm also on the spectrum but I don't want to work or become just another slave to the system. I don't want to work my life away. I don't see how it's worth it when you will die in the end anyways. Where's the reward for your struggle? Why struggle for your whole life? I'd rather be a NEET and then die. For me, it's NEET or rope
I don't want to either nor am I capable but how are you going to eat and see the next day? If we didn't have our parents or the government supporting us then we would starve to death. Everyone is forced to work in this system.

I suppose ctb is the only other option.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim and xinino
S

Sail_to_Infinity

Feb 24, 2020
I wonder what North Koreans or children from Sierra Leone, using pickaxes to extract diamonds in makeshift mines for $1 a month, think about this topic 😁

• Yay!
Reactions: xinino, Linda and 4am
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
pre agriculture era
In the pre-agriculture era people were taken care of and did not have to work to keep themselves alive? That doesn't sound right to me. Although, I have a feeling your view of things will diverge from @sserafim , this question is for her. The premise is that if you have to do any work to keep yourself alive - e.g. food and shelter aren't provided - you are a slave. So, in the pre-agriculture era was someone preparing huts and food stockpiles for anyone who was neurodivergent?

Reactions: xinino, Linda and Alexei_Kirillov
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
In the pre-agriculture era people were taken care of and did not have to work to keep themselves alive? That doesn't sound right to me. Although, I have a feeling your view of things will diverge from @sserafim , this question is for her. The premise is that if you have to do any work to keep yourself alive - e.g. food and shelter aren't provided - you are a slave. So, in the pre-agriculture era was someone preparing huts and food stockpiles for anyone who was neurodivergent?
She is inherently against work itself and existence She is nihilist, I am existentialist and I am not against work and existence but I am against modernity, civilization and industrialization, it is common sense that modern work is slavery and we should embrace it, it we want to survive, but we can't deny that individual in primitive societies experienced more freedom and autonomy read ISAIF.

Reactions: Linda and Alexei_Kirillov
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
it is common sense that modern work is slavery

My question was why is only modern work slavery. I guess your answer is that anything from the time we figured out agriculture is "modern" work. I get at this because the idea is that America/capitalism is the devil and the reason we have this ""modern"" slavery, so if we looked at the time before America, say the 1500s, you wouldn't say there was a significant difference from a peasant working in the fields in Britain v. a modern 9-5 in terms of how much it's "slavery," right?

Reactions: xinino and Alexei_Kirillov
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I wonder what North Koreans or children from Sierra Leone, using pickaxes to extract diamonds in makeshift mines for $1 a month, think about this topic 😁

Reactions: Cherry Crumpet, pilotviolin, xinino and 2 others
godbody

godbody

Apr 21, 2024
I don't want to either nor am I capable but how are you going to eat and see the next day? If we didn't have our parents or the government supporting us then we would starve to death. Everyone is forced to work in this system.

I suppose ctb is the only other option.
Not everyone is forced to work? like it makes it easier but definitely not everyone is compelled or forced to work. some people are better at surviving on "nothing", like you said there's government & familial ways to have income or a roof over your head.

you learn to adjust your quality, expectations & joys in life when you have alternate means for survival than work (benefits, between jobs, whatever), but it doesn't automatically mean you starve & die.

Reactions: pilotviolin and xinino
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
How are you not already a slave right now? If you are not supporting yourself, then you are dependent on (ie. enslaved to) someone else. Where is your freedom when you can't decide for yourself how you want to live your life, when it's all dictated by your parents?

Reactions: lnlybnny, jar-baby, pilotviolin and 7 others
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
My question was why is only modern work slavery. I guess your answer is that anything from the time we figured out agriculture is "modern" work. I get at this because the idea is that America/capitalism is the devil and the reason we have this ""modern"" slavery, so if we looked at the time before America, say the 1500s, you wouldn't say there was a significant difference from a peasant working in the fields in Britain v. a modern 9-5 in terms of how much it's "slavery," right?
To answer your question, there was significant difference between peasant and modern 9-5, despite both working under authority and restrictions but slavery is also about complexity of restrictions that effect human experience, with more rules, individual lose some of his freedom and control over his natural environment, and we subjugate him to more competition, I can say peasant didn't face the immense amount of stimuli modern man encountered. he faced more physical suffering but less mental suffering than modern man, slavery doesn't necessary need a master but it can manifest itself on material conditions that restrict individual. Machine are more valuable than individual life.

Capitalism isn't evil or good nor is the problem, Your questions is complex and you need to read about it, if you want to find out, I will highlight pinpoint of intellectuals who consider modern work slavery, some say agriculture resolution is source of our slavery like John Zerzan, other consider industrial revolution "technology" is source of slavery and they criticized it like Ted Kaczynski and transcendentalism, neo luddites. Some even endorse technological slavery and advocate for abandon of human experience like Nick Land.

Reactions: pilotviolin
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree. Unfortunately most people can't afford to be a NEET and they're forced to work or die. Dying is incredibly difficult for most people and the low ratio of the people who attempted to those who succeeded just proves that point. We really are forced to be a slave

• Love
Reactions: xinino, Forever Sleep and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I agree. Unfortunately most people can't afford to be a NEET and they're forced to work or die. Dying is incredibly difficult for most people and the low ratio of the people who attempted to those who succeeded just proves that point. We really are forced to be a slave
We're all brought into a state of modern day slavery

• Aww..
Reactions: xinino and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
We're all brought into a state of modern day slavery
Sadly so... and the worst part is that we had no say in it either. I wish I was born into a rich family who would provide for me for the rest of my life but that didn't happen. It truly is work or ctb but pro lifers will never mention the latter option; they assume that you just have to work and that's it. I know that I will ctb soon because of work but I'm not sure when exactly.

Reactions: xinino and sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
To answer your question, there was significant difference between peasant and modern 9-5, despite both working under authority and restrictions but slavery is also about complexity of restrictions that effect human experience, with more rules, individual lose some of his freedom and control over his natural environment, and we subjugate him to more competition, I can say peasant didn't face the immense amount of stimuli modern man encountered. he faced more physical suffering but less mental suffering than modern man, slavery doesn't necessary need a master but it can manifest itself on material conditions that restrict individual. Machine are more valuable than individual life.
I'm pretty sure if you want to get away from the stimuli and go work on a farm in Nebraska to live like a peasant nothing is stopping you. I really hope you aren't saying that the modern man has more rules and restrictions than in the past. . . (religion, speech, sexuality and marriage, primative social beliefs I think this liberal board would vomit at the sight of. . . I could go on.) I would say the fact that you have a choice of which farm to go work for is automatically giving you far more freedom.

Again, though, we're straying from the definitions and topic of my original point, which I would like to not get lost. The premise set forth is that having to do any type of work is slavery because someone should be meeting all your needs for you if you don't feel like working. I don't see how saying 'hey I'm not going to do anything, but ya'll are still going to feed me, right?' would go over better for the peasant than a "modern" "slave".

Reactions: jar-baby and xinino
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I mean, it's just one side of the coin, work can be pleasurable and bring about a lot of nice things: success, connection, development of skills, good self image. You've never worked, as far as I know, so you're just saying what you think work is like.

Reactions: Cherry Crumpet, xinino and pilotviolin
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I mean, it's just one side of the coin, work can be pleasurable and bring about a lot of nice things: success, connection, development of skills, good self image. You've never worked, as far as I know, so you're just saying what you think work is like.
I guess so, but I don't want connection

• Hugs
Reactions: xinino, ForgottenAgain, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
idk3

idk3

Student
Sep 10, 2023
I guess so, but I don't want connection
Anyways, even if you did want connection (and success, developmental skills ect), you could get those things through various other avenues rather than 9-5 slavery

Gallup, in its recently released State of the Global Workplace: 2022 report, found that, along with dissatisfaction, workers are experiencing staggering rates of both disengagement and unhappiness. Sixty percent of people reported being emotionally detached at work and 19% as being miserable.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: xinino and sserafim
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
I'm pretty sure if you want to get away from the stimuli and go work on a farm in Nebraska to live like a peasant nothing is stopping you. I really hope you aren't saying that the modern man has more rules and restrictions than in the past. . . (religion, speech, sexuality and marriage, primative social beliefs I think this liberal board would vomit at the sight of. . . I could go on.) I would say the fact that you have a choice of which farm to go work for is automatically giving you far more freedom.
I am modern man who get designed to work in factory, not to work in a farm. In fact I don't have choice capitalism will eventually force me to adapt with mainstream to achieve survival. Capitalism is force that destroy the traditional way of life, you can take the luddites as example.

By primitive society I meant really premitive society where the technology to create religion, rules, tools,language,... Were under control of individual before it gets more complex and uncontrollable from individual perspective. therefore modern man faces more restrictions.
Again, though, we're straying from the definitions and topic of my original point, which I would like to not get lost.
You asked me "why is only modern work slavery" I answered you and I gave you some intellectuals to learn from.
The premise set forth is that having to do any type of work is slavery because someone should be meeting all your needs for you if you don't feel like working. I don't see how saying 'hey I'm not going to do anything, but ya'll are still going to feed me, right?' would go over better for the peasant than a "modern" "slave".
This premise is wrong, not every work is slavery throughout history but modern work is slavery. Even if modern work is slavery nobody is responsible for anyone else.

Wanting reward without work is against rationality "even a sparrow needs to work for survival", if you read the work of Georges bataille you can understand that there is excess of life in earth, that needs to deal with, she is the excess who irrationality tend toward destroying its old self to transcend to new state of existence "which we call the sacred" it is inherently fundamental phycological need in humans, it manifests itself in art, literature, religion, erotism, violence... But it needs to be balanced with functionality to maintain biological needs, otherwise she will have to sacrifice herself.