• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
Around Aug/Sep time I made the decision to attempt to hold off ctb and try to see how far I could recover. While I wasn't hopeful, I'd recently finally made progress with getting a job offer. On getting one, the support I was getting with the NHS has actually improved, and they've finally allowed me to have CAT therapy. Before my support was simply telling me to get a job over and over (despite all the COVID shit going on).

Unfortunately, my GP's report on my mental health, that was requested as part of pre-employment checks, has a chance to completely ruin my chances of getting the job. It simply describes me as having lifetime MH issues and my "very recent suicide attempt", which was back in May. There is no mention that despite my MH I've been functional enough to achieve a degree, or that MH team has been hammering at me that I need to get a job because it's important in my potential recovery.

My main issue is that I have'nt been able to intergrate with other people, and I can't do that if I'm not allowed to function within it first. I feel like I'm being punished for struggling in the first place. I'm going to attempt to get my GP to word more favourably, but as it is I'll be unlikely to get the job, so my progress and the suppport I get will deteriorate again.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Around Aug/Sep time I made the decision to attempt to hold off ctb and try to see how far I could recover. While I wasn't hopeful, I'd recently finally made progress with getting a job offer. On getting one, the support I was getting with the NHS has actually improved, and they've finally allowed me to have CAT therapy. Before my support was simply telling me to get a job over and over (despite all the COVID shit going on).

Unfortunately, my GP's report on my mental health, that was requested as part of pre-employment checks, has a chance to completely ruin my chances of getting the job. It simply describes me as having lifetime MH issues and my "very recent suicide attempt", which was back in May. There is no mention that despite my MH I've been functional enough to achieve a degree, or that MH team has been hammering at me that I need to get a job because it's important in my potential recovery.

My main issue is that I have'nt been able to intergrate with other people, and I can't do that if I'm not allowed to function within it first. I feel like I'm being punished for struggling in the first place. I'm going to attempt to get my GP to word more favourably, but as it is I'll be unlikely to get the job, so my progress and the suppport I get will deteriorate again.
A job can do that? I mean ask for your medical records? Where I live that's illegal. What is happening in this world? Hope you are able to get that job hun. :hug:

Reactions: Lostandlooking
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
A job can do that? I mean ask for your medical records? Where I live that's illegal. What is happening in this world? Hope you are able to get that job hun. :hug:
It's not the job itself but an occupational health organisation that makes sure the workplace is doing everything it can to support those working there, and whether they're fit to work in the first place.

Nobody will want to take the legal risk to allow a job to hire me if they think I'm gonna kms as soon I start. If I can't get this job it's unlikely I'll be deemed fit to work anywhere else.

Reactions: Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It's not the job itself but an occupational health organisation that makes sure the workplace is doing everything it can to support those working there, and whether they're fit to work in the first place.

Nobody will want to take the legal risk to allow a job to hire me if they think I'm gonna kms as soon I start. If I can't get this job it's unlikely I'll be deemed fit to work anywhere else.
Ok yes that makes sense. They are very strict who they hire to work in the health care industry. Hope you can get the job. And make a difference in someone's lives. Good luck hun :hug:

Reactions: MrBlue
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Definitely ask your GP to construct whatever is needed in order for you to obtain your employment. If they are hesitant, reach out to your psychiatrist, if you have one, to act as a go between in order to get your GP on board.

Reactions: MrBlue