S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020

They locked a guy up for just beating up a bunch of pedophiles and sex offenders, stealing their money and giving it to single mothers. 28 years in prison and recently lost an appeal to have it overturned. 28 years in prison for beating up sex offenders who only get 3-5 years at most, plus house arrest and being on the registry while getting to use the Internet to troll for more victims online. Maybe the judge is a closet pedophile too and he's scared of getting his ass kicked by this guy.

• Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Mentalmick, Fragile and 2 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Good. Exalted vigilantes only make things worse for everyone, let the police do their job and let people have their right to defend themselves

Reactions: Tortured_empath
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
If the police did their job....

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Honestly, vigilante justice is something that can rarely be justified.

What's even less justifiable is such a long sentence when no one was killed, he clearly feels remorse for what he did, and this is possibly the most obvious case of a mentally ill person who's actions can be directly traced to his abuse as a child.
While it's true that rehabilitative justice is something unheard of in most of the world, and it doesn't work for everyone, there are better ways than a 28 year life-ending sentence, because let's not fool ourselves, prisons are a punishment, not a path to rehabilitation.

But I'm not even going to pretend that I feel bad for pedophiles that end up beaten, killed in prison, or murdered by the parents of the victim. Which happens quite regularly since most people understand that this is one of the most heinous crimes that can be committed against an innocent person.
Rape and continued abuse, specially as a child is something that will be a permanent wound in the mind of most people who suffered from it, many end up living a broken life, some will ruin the lives of others since this is a cycle that often turns victims into abusers, and some of them will end up taking their lives because of it.

I should know, I was a victim of something like this and have talked to many people who shared similar tragedies. Even though this is not even close to being my main reason, and I've moved on, I still believe that punishments for rapists should be harsher, vigilantes shouldn't feel like doing what the police and court system refuse to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Yeah, the judge sounds like a nonce himself. 28 years, fuck off. Should of been given a medal for each one he beat up.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Fehler and Symbiote