• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
This story makes me sick to my stomach. I get so fucking mad I should try not to think too much about it. I had psychosis and the court basically claims the patient was not rational enough because they follow a superifical assessment. (the patient had schizophrenia)

I will use google translator. I have soon my exam and it triggers the shit completely out of me. But the free day yesterday was a very very good choice. I slept so much and I could regain some energy. But the next days still gonna be hellish.
And one thing to add. The German highest court ruled in favor of very liberal assisted suicide laws. The people highly welcomed it. And this court trial probably ends the hope of so many people with mental illness to receive a death in dignity. Me included.

If the official ways to receive a dignified death are prohibited and sanctioned like this it only fuels my support for grey area approaches like this one. There might be some instances where the approach of this forum has counterproductive effects. However when the elites shit, spit and piss in the face of almost all severely persisting suicidal people who have this desire for such a long time. I can only tell to them: Go fuck yourself. (not to a specific person just to the elites in general. The defamation laws in Germans are quite strict.)
Also to all the journalists hypocrites who just spam suicide hotlines in their articles while their outlets agitate against poor people. Knowing poverty is often a main reason for suicide. Just shut the fuck up. Liars.

Doctor convicted of manslaughter: He helped a mentally ill man commit suicide

Johann Spittler (center) was sentenced to three years in prison. Next to him are his lawyers Frank Sandkuhl (left) and Lars A. Brögeler
Yesterday the Essen regional court sentenced a well-known psychiatrist to three years in prison for manslaughter because he helped a mentally ill person commit suicide. This could deter many doctors and make access to suicide assistance for mentally ill people almost impossible in the future. Here are some observations on site when the verdict was announced.

The neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. In August 2020, Johann F. Spittler helped a 42-year-old man commit suicide in the presence of his mother. The man had suffered from schizophrenia for 13 years. He had received inpatient psychiatric treatment several times and had already made three "hard" suicide attempts in the past.

Spittler had several personal conversations with him. He then prepared a psychiatric report based on an extensive evaluation matrix that he had developed himself over the years based on his numerous reports. Spittler was 100 percent convinced that the suicide suspect acted freely and responsibly at the time of the assessment and at the time of the suicide. He still has this belief today.

However, the judge saw it completely differently and largely followed the statements of the public prosecutor's expert. The 42-year-old suffered from acute paranoid schizophrenia, which severely impaired his ability to make decisions. Nevertheless, Spittler encouraged him in his desire to commit suicide and ultimately accompanied him in the suicide. This constitutes murder as an indirect perpetrator (§ 212 StGB: Manslaughter) and is therefore punishable by a prison sentence.

In his closing statement, the defense attorney emphasized that the prosecution's expert, Prof. Dr. Norbert Leygraf, never saw the patient and prepared his report solely based on the files. However, several points of the defense were not appreciated by the judge. The defense attorney stated that Leygraf had never had to deal with the topic of assisted suicide in his professional work. He has often worked in the religious sector and has prepared several reports on child abuse in the church on behalf of the Catholic Church. As is well known, the Catholic Church has repeatedly spoken out publicly against allowing assisted suicide.

The judge judged a report commissioned by the defendant to be superficial. The judge said in his judgment that it was not detailed enough and the content was not convincing.

The charge of manslaughter as an indirect perpetrator, which is punishable by a prison sentence of not less than five years, has been reduced. The verdict is manslaughter in a less serious case (§ 213 StGB). The reason for this was that the process had already lasted three years and Spittler's old age had been taken into account. What also works in his favor is that Spittler's compassion for the sick person could have played a role in his actions.

The verdict is not yet legally binding. Spittler wants to appeal. This must be filed within seven days of the announcement of the judgment.

I think almost everyone in this forum hopes he wins the trial if he appeals the ruling. Honestly this world is so sick. I believe this psychiatrist 100% that the patient genuinely wanted to die. The guy sounds like an extremely compassionate and empathic psychiatrist. I have met so many asshole psychiatrists who did not give a shit about my pain. They laughed me out of the room when I wanted to talk with them about assisted suicide. Well the assholes probably don't want to risk their own asses if such an outcome is possible. It just points out one more time how hypocritical and injust this world is. Damn...

Last edited:
Skallagrim

Skallagrim

Apr 14, 2022
That judge disregarded everything he didn't like while focusing entire on the matter of suicide.

It looks like the decision of an anti-suicide activist, not an impartial judge weighing up whether what the doctor did was reasonable at the time.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Another German psychiatrist got jail time for helping a mentally ill patient to die (3 years). I am so so fucking sick of this hypocrisy. In my opinion this is unconstituional regaring the highest court ruling from 2020 which was appreciated and welcomed by the German people.

One of his last words of him in court were that he fears this judgement will discrimnate mentally ill people. And he is so fucking right about that. Moreover, he said he fears that mentally ill people have now to resort to violent means.

My blood boils. I hope he will win the case in a higher court/ appeal against the judgement.

I see problems that suicide is wild west regulated currently. And I see the potential problems that can emerge if the people have to find their method knowledge on suicide forums. But the system, the politicians and the media is responsible for that. The media in Germany is so paternalistic and they demonize assisted suicide. As long as the laws are ridiculous as fuck (which they currently are) I will always be on this forum and defend it because in my opion this forum is morally in the right position. A death with dignitity should be a human right. The regulators and new court ruling go against the constitutional right for a peaceful death. Reading such stories makes me so angry. It forces desperate people to jump in front of trains. And such judges treat mentally ill people like insane or little children. I could puke. Holy shit is this cynical. Furthermore, in my opinion it was pretty clear the patient had chronic suicidal thoughts and was determined. The reasoning in such rulings bascially denies the fact that mentally ill people can be rational human being. Which makes me sick to my stomach. I am so glad I have my SN and don't have to trust these reulators. I think actually assisted suicide could (have) increased my life time. But Germany seems to go back to stonage. Fuck that.

bookgirl

bookgirl

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒
Mar 31, 2024
Another German psychiatrist got jail time for helping a mentally ill patient to die (3 years). I am so so fucking sick of this hypocrisy. In my opinion this is unconstituional regaring the highest court ruling from 2020 which was appreciated and welcomed by the German people.

One of his last words of him in court were that he fears this judgement will discrimnate mentally ill people. And he is so fucking right about that. Moreover, he said he fears that mentally ill people have now to resort to violent means.

My blood boils. I hope he will win the case in a higher court/ appeal against the judgement.

I see problems that suicide is wild west regulated currently. And I see the potential problems that can emerge if the people have to find their method knowledge on suicide forums. But the system, the politicians and the media is responsible for that. The media in Germany is so paternalistic and they demonize assisted suicide. As long as the laws are ridiculous as fuck (which they currently are) I will always be on this forum and defend it because in my opion this forum is morally in the right position. A death with dignitity should be a human right. The regulators and new court ruling go against the constitutional right for a peaceful death. Reading such stories makes me so angry. It forces desperate people to jump in front of trains. And such judges treat mentally ill people like insane or little children. I could puke. Holy shit is this cynical. Furthermore, in my opinion it was pretty clear the patient had chronic suicidal thoughts and was determined. The reasoning in such rulings bascially denies the fact that mentally ill people can be rational human being. Which makes me sick to my stomach. I am so glad I have my SN and don't have to trust these reulators. I think actually assisted suicide could (have) increased my life time. But Germany seems to go back to stonage. Fuck that.
I saw it on the news

Reactions: iloverachel
I

iloverachel

Warlock
Mar 7, 2024
This makes me sick and disgusted
Fuck that judge

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Can I send you a private message? I am interested in exchanging thoughts with German members. I try to be more present in the German community of this forum.
Do you know David Foster Wallace? Maybe as a bookgirl you do?

bookgirl

bookgirl

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒
Mar 31, 2024
Can I send you a private message? I am interested in exchanging thoughts with German members. I try to be more present in the German community of this forum.
Do you know David Foster Wallace? Maybe as a bookgirl you do?
You can send me a private message

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
krass. habe ich gar nicht in den nachrichten mitbekommen. danke für den thread!