• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

OnceThougtTwiceDone

OnceThougtTwiceDone

Student
Apr 15, 2023
I swear, everyone says this, and it's really annoying. Things never get better, at least for me, even if 1 thing gets better something else pops up, and people still say that things will get better. I feel like, in the first 4 years of my 5 year torturement (I know that's not a word), I thought that what I was going through would be the worst I'll ever be, but then it gets worse, and worse, and worse. By now I've realised that things don't get better, or I'm an anomaly who never gets better. Does anyone else think this, or thought this at one point? I imagine someone here of all places would probably've felt like that, at least in this section.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Every time I believe I've hit rock bottom, I learn that rock bottom goes deeper and deeper than I could ever have imagined. I don't think I've hit much of a drastically new low in years, but I frequently come down just as low as I always have before.

yearsoflonliness

yearsoflonliness

Apr 4, 2024
Fuckin believe it or not when 2024 started I told myself, this is gonna be a fantastic year. Lol. Yeah. It doesn't get better.

And no, you're not an anomaly. For some people things actually don't get better, and that's something that most people refuse to even try to understand.

Reactions: divinemistress36
AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Let’s go, we’ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023
No this is so right.

And it's always the normies who so clearly do not understand or have never felt the same telling you this. Like the people who you could list multiple things that they have to live for right off the bat yk?

Like yeah good for you but you have shit to live for, people that care about you, motivations and goals.
I don't.

I don't even think there's any point reaching out because it's all the same bullshit blank no-thought responses.
"Noo it'll get better I promiseee"
"Nooo please don'tttt"
"U have so much to giveeee"

Like fuck all the way off.

<3

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
Trouble is, for most people it does get better. That or they learn how to live with and manage their emotions and/or situation(s). And as there's no magic crystal ball, the chances are that most people on the receiving end of "things will get better" find that it comes true.

It doesn't help when you're in the minority though. I just nod and smile if it's your average person. No point bringing other people down with me. But I do (sometimes) challenge MH professionals if they try to pacify me with that line. They tend to learn pretty quickly, especially if I compromise and say I won't say things will get worse if they refrain from telling me it's going to improve.

kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
Yes it's really frustrating when someone close to me begs me to open up to them. So I do and tell them how horrible I feel. And they always tell me things like "everything will be ok" and "things will get better" and "you won't always feel this bad". But they're just not true for me. I've always felt this awful my whole life. And no matter how many times I tell people this, they don't believe me and get frustrated that I'm apparently not trying hard enough to be happy.

I'm really sorry you're dealing with all this torture. I definitely believe you that it's getting worse and worse and I'm so sorry.

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
I wish people said "it *can/may* get better". It better acknowledges that getting better is a possibility. A probability even, that is variable for everyone and definitely isn't 100% as the common statement makes it seem.

The original statement also makes it seem like magic when used alone. Depression won't magically "get better" people usually put in some effort.

And it never really does. The highs get lower and so do the lows. My "default" state would be considered a low 5-6 years ago.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Trouble is, for most people it does get better. That or they learn how to live with and manage their emotions and/or situation(s). And as there's no magic crystal ball, the chances are that most people on the receiving end of "things will get better" find that it comes true.

It doesn't help when you're in the minority though. I just nod and smile if it's your average person. No point bringing other people down with me. But I do (sometimes) challenge MH professionals if they try to pacify me with that line. They tend to learn pretty quickly, especially if I compromise and say I won't say things will get worse if they refrain from telling me it's going to improve.
This is why I like my therapist she doesn't promise me that things will get better . She just says she hopes to get me to be more accepting that life is shit