• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
If you look at my (signature? handle?) you will know I'm intellectually lacking and I have a chronic mood disorder. What matters for this post is the former, not the latter.
I went to a shit high school, had shit teachers, and I was a shit student myself. Somehow I actually tricked a few admission officers into thinking I was college worthy. Boy were they wrong. I would blatter on about my college experience, but it's irrelevant and I would sound like a whiny shit (I am of course, but I digress.) Back to the present day and I have loans that I need to pay back. I'm not good at working, I'm not good at landing jobs, and I'm not good with people. Still, those loan payments start in January and my parents will be on the hook for my fuck ups if I can't pay it back. I found this website https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/death and I think I've found my solution. For the people who decided not to click on the link (no hate here) it basically says that if you die your loans are forgiven, but only if the loans are federal. I'd like to get some input on this and maybe become aware of any issues that might arise that I haven't thought about.
Thanks all for reading this.

onewayroad

onewayroad

“Dying is not a crime.” ― Jack Kevorkian
Oct 4, 2018
If you look at my (signature? handle?) you will know I'm intellectually lacking and I have a chronic mood disorder. What matters for this post is the former, not the latter.
I went to a shit high school, had shit teachers, and I was a shit student myself. Somehow I actually tricked a few admission officers into thinking I was college worthy. Boy were they wrong. I would blatter on about my college experience, but it's irrelevant and I would sound like a whiny shit (I am of course, but I digress.) Back to the present day and I have loans that I need to pay back. I'm not good at working, I'm not good at landing jobs, and I'm not good with people. Still, those loan payments start in January and my parents will be on the hook for my fuck ups if I can't pay it back. I found this website https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/death and I think I've found my solution. For the people who decided not to click on the link (no hate here) it basically says that if you die your loans are forgiven, but only if the loans are federal. I'd like to get some input on this and maybe become aware of any issues that might arise that I haven't thought about.
Thanks all for reading this.

In my opinion, the main thing that matters when deciding if suicide is the correct decision is just like with euthanasia, the permanence of the problem. If you have an incurable disease, whether it is a physical illness or a mental illness, euthanasia (or suicide) might be an option if you are going to suffer for the rest of your life. But if there is a chance your problem is curable or resolvable, I generally do not support suicide because you are effectively murdering the healthy/happy person that you will become in the future.

In my personal case, I have been trying to get treatment for my mental illness for around ten years. I have a few left to try before I am at the point where in Belgium, I would be legally entitled to euthanasia and elsewhere justified in suicide.

Hope this line of thinking helps you decide what is right.

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I've been in therapy for around three years, maybe four. I want it to work, I really do, but I can't stop myself from pushing away my therapists.
If I could be cured or have a way of getting and keeping a job I would stay, but that seems impossible.

onewayroad

onewayroad

Oct 4, 2018
I've been in therapy for around three years, maybe four. I want it to work, I really do, but I can't stop myself from pushing away my therapists.
If I could be cured or have a way of getting and keeping a job I would stay, but that seems impossible.

Have you been trying medication? I realize that not everyone in the world has access to subsidized medicine so some can't afford it.

onewayroad

onewayroad

Oct 4, 2018
I am on meds and they're good for keeping me stable.

If your life is unbearable and you want to ctb then the meds are not really good enough. I don't know your situation or what you're experiencing so I can't tell you what you should do. But it sounds like if I were you, I'd be harassing my doctors to try every option available to make life tolerable. And then once there was nothing left to try I would start thinking about suicide.

Maybe you should tell them that you're not suicidal (don't want to get locked up) but you're finding life unbearable and need to try stronger medication?

I don't know ultimately it is your decision but I feel no one should ctb until they know they are incurable.

Reactions: Trashcan and Pallf
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I respect your opinion. I believe you put a lot of thought into it and it shows. I will keep it in mind and I will talk to my doctor about maybe getting different meds.

onewayroad

onewayroad

Oct 4, 2018
I respect your opinion. I believe you put a lot of thought into it and it shows. I will keep it in mind and I will talk to my doctor about maybe getting different meds.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I have been searching for treatment for ten years, not suffering every day of that ten years but enough of them to know how hard it is to keep going sometimes. When brushing your teeth or getting dressed feels like climbing mount everest. It's so hard and I wish you strength and luck. And if you have no choice but to ctb we will all be here to help you in any way we can.

V

Voldmort

Experienced
Sep 23, 2018
I do not know about this and I will follow this post. I have a slight feeling that in the future I will get into debt and I will not be able to pay.

One thing about the title is that I do not think something should be labeled as a good reason or an insufficient reason to kill yourself, not least because no matter how much I find your problem useless, only you actually carry it every day and you know what it's like Shit

L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
Never kill yourself over things that can 100% be fixed (material things). Its just money. You are not as useless as you think, we never are. What country do you live in and hows your relationship with your parents?

onewayroad

onewayroad

Oct 4, 2018
Never kill yourself over things that can 100% be fixed (material things). Its just money. You are not as useless as you think, we never are. What country do you live in and hows your relationship with your parents?

Never say never, nothing in life is simple enough that a rule is always right. What if fixing a material problem causes 40 years of suffering? Is it worth it? But basically I agree with you. Suicide should be totally legal, accessible and socially accepted but only as the last option.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
If you want to kill yourself, then do it. There is no such thing as good or bad reasons for me.

Reactions: lv-gras
Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
You are not stupid, just look at Trump, if even he made it to the White House, imagine what you can do, you only need discipline in your life and treat your depression, go to the gym, take a stem degree, etc... analise all available options

Reactions: lv-gras