• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you want to die in part due to you being lonely?

• Loneliness is a major/primary reason why I want to die

Votes: 52 28.9%
  • Loneliness is one of the reasons why I want to die.

Votes: 87 48.3%
  • Loneliness doesn't play a factor in me wanting to die

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • Show results

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I hate it but stupid things like romance characters in games can cause my loneliness to spike. And while it isn't the only reason I want to die. It isn't a small part of it.

The interesting thing to me is while I want to die. If I did had a romantic partner in rl, I wouldn't even try to off myself.

Btw is there a word for it if you are lonely for a romantic partner, but not for family?
Its called 'being human' . Its a natural need and desire.
It can often be very lonely and difficult without a romantic partner.

Reactions: elfgyoza
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I could relate to what you are saying about loneliness spiking when you see things like other people's relationships. It's a horrible feeling and I can't get it to go away. Although, having a partner wouldn't make life worth living for me. It would show me how shit of a person I am because I always say and do the wrong thing.
no, i wouldn't say it's one of the primary reasons. i'm incredibly lonely, don't get me wrong and it hurts so so so bad. but something like that can change. even if it's unlikely, loneliness can change but death is permanent. my reasons for dying are more things that cannot ever be changed, which gives me more peace of mind that i'm making the right decision.

wow i relate to this so much. for me it's not about personal things but rather that i hate my entire existence. i simply don't enjoy consciousness, thoughts, or feelings whether it's good or bad and it's all inherently meaningless. combine that with a horrible society, cruel human nature and my miserable and painful life, it's just a recipe for suicide :)
You worded this really well.

Last edited:
Reactions: greebo6
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
yes people reject me for some reason i am like a ugly monster for them

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
As a eunuch I lack the same impulses that drive most people to pursue romantic relationships. As lovely as the prospect of being in a relationship may seem, I honestly cannot ever picture myself in one. While being a eunuch is a primary factor in this, it's also just my personality. I get really, really drained when interacting with people. I'm much more content creating imagined scenarios in my head than engaging with living breathing human beings.

I've read that solitary confinement is regarded as one of the worst forms of torture that one can inflict upon a person, but to me it sounds like paradise. If I were healthy like I was back in my teens maybe then I'd be more open to forming relationships with others, but as of now I'm sickly and find that being alone takes a lot less energy than actively maintaining social bonds.

Reactions: TheSomebody and JGT
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
It's definitely one of the reasons, I've been alone all my life, and I feel alone especially with my family (which I hate, because they are the main cause of my severe depression).
Apart from them I have no one, I am alone in the universe and inside of me I have a huge chasm that probably no one can fill

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Not a physical loneliness. I find people exhausting and I like to isolate myself honestly. I do feel so alone deep inside myself, in a way that I feel an emptiness inside of me and I feel trapped with my own thoughts. This does make me want to ctb.

Kalabrese

Kalabrese

Mar 17, 2021
I can't differentiate between loneliness and misunderstanding.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
At this point in my life, yes.

H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Loneliness SUCKS. It makes me want to die whenever I feel lonely. I hate it.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm a lot of things, but lonely isn't one of them.

It's funny because my therapist is convinced the whole quarantine thing is a contributer to my depression, but honestly, I've enjoyed it. And really, my lifestyle didn't change all that much, because I was already trying to do the bare minimum of socializing. All that really changed was my behavior became socially acceptable and nobody could say anything to criticize me for it.
But I've had to tell her every single session that I am not depressed because of it and I'm not sad it's happening. She still refuses to believe me. I'm more than a little sad things are easing up as far as that goes. It's been great having a free pass to isolate.

I know it's not healthy, but I just don't have the energy to deal with people. My best friend and one of my neighbors both check on me constantly to make sure I'm okay, and it's so exhausting. I just want to be left alone.

greyismyfavecolor

greyismyfavecolor

Jul 16, 2020
I guess I could say so.
But I doubt meeting someone would help. And even if it happened, I most likely wouldn't trust them and would always be worried about them leaving me someday.
I'd say it's more a feeling of not belonging anywhere. I feel like I'm too different from everyone to ever get along with them.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I'm a little different. NOT being left alone is one of my reasons.

SweetDreams500

SweetDreams500

Narcissistic gay NEETcel
Apr 4, 2021
Absolutely. And what sucks for me is that I have all of these horrible character traits that makes it impossible for me to maintain healthy relationships with other people. My insecurities and my narcissism always end up rearing their ugly heads and both me and the other party end up hurt. So I figured I'd be better isolated. Until recently, that is, when I started talking to someone. It will most certainly blow up in my face, like it always does, but I still have a bit of hope. Let's hope the other person doesn't end up hurt.

Reactions: VKVK
Cunanan77

Cunanan77

One of life's tragedies
Aug 2, 2022
I like being alone, it's my preferred state of being. I learned that people in a general complicate things/make things difficult.
I'm aware, I'm not a charming guy either, I'm misanthropic asocial, all complications and drama comes from being around other people.

S

Sky66

Dec 15, 2021
I'm not lonely at all. I have friends, family, beautiful wife. Pisses me off that everyone is moving forward and I am an biological mess because of my major health problems. Loneliness would be a blessing for me so nobody would see my suffering.