• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Notlikeforte

Notlikeforte

Mar 18, 2021
Right now I feel like I'm sort of in limbo. My anxiety feels too uncontrolled to bring up anything that could help my situation with my therapist, and my psychiatrist is only able to meet me for 15 minutes every 6 weeks. None of this feels like it is working.
I'm starting to miss the psych ward. I hate almost everything about those places, but at least you can see a doctor who will adjust meds promptly. With my current psych I'm often stuck with a med that doesn't work for 2-3 since "antidepressants take time to kick in." Sure, I could always get a new psych, but with the rising rates of mental illness lately it is almost impossible to find one who isn't waitlisted.
I just wonder if potentially finding a treatment that works is worth the gamble, considering I would likely have to spend around a week at minimum locked inside a hospital. The last times I went I struggled with the prison-like structure of the place and had to leave *against medical advice* since I felt severely anxious. Maybe that is something I would need to talk to them about as well.

Anyway, I just want to be taken seriously. Thinking of this all reminds me of something: my psychiatrist is an asshat and once told me that because I can check myself into the hospital I'm not too anxious to open up at therapy with my counselor. Yet for me I feel like this isn't the case as I never have been able to. There's a difference between zombie-walking to the hospital and opening up about triggering topics to a professional.
Should I just go back before I actually get acutely suicidal? I can't tell if something is building up or if I'm just being an attentionhog.

F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
Have you looked into partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient? That sounds more like what you need. You stay at home but every day you go in for group therapy and a psychiatrist monitors you.

Notlikeforte

Notlikeforte

Mar 18, 2021
Have you looked into partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient? That sounds more like what you need. You stay at home but every day you go in for group therapy and a psychiatrist monitors you.
I tried partial hospitalization last year and had to drop out of it because the group aspect of it got to be too overwhelming. I don't do well with large groups of people sadly :/

I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
Don't do it. They don't care about you!!