AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
Nope.
I don't care much for my father: no idea why he wanted to have a child when he just spent his life ignoring me, but he wasn't abusive, just absent.

My mother is the kindest soul with the biggest heart you could ever meet, and her life has been about looking after others. I can't be upset with her. Having a family was her dream. She made mistakes, as is human, but her primary focus in life has always been her children. She was and is two parents in one.

Cress

Cress

Student
Oct 15, 2023
The idea of consent to be born is an interesting one. As there is no way to ask someone if they want to be born or not. I think the only way to make it Close to 100 percent ethical would be Society allowed us to catch the bus through some sort of process and in the end we could destroy ourselves in 100 percent painless way instantly deleting every atom before the brain even has time to register what's going on. Obviously we don't have anything near that and we're still struggling with the idea of assisted suicide.

The current mode and stance of the world is that you should be created without your consent and only be offered with the choices of tremendous suffering if you want to opt out. Society even goes out of its way to remove ways you could harm yourself leaving only the most gruesome and brutal ones available for people to use.