• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Is anyone else here scared too of going blind? Its not that rational, but the anxiety is making me very depressed. It may sound ridicolous, but i try to avoid bright sunlight, or generally bright lights, because of fear they could Make me blind. And because im sensitive to light. I use generally eye protection as much as possible if the sun ist shining strong. Im already nearsighted, and im scared it will get worse. I do avoid bright lamps too, because of fear that they could make me blind if i glance at them. My greatest fear in life is going completely blind.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It is something I 've thought could happen when I've felt really fucked up. More just the thought of it not really expecting it. Maybe I have been listening to those old wives tales

Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
It is something I 've thought could happen when I've felt really fucked up. More just the thought of it not really expecting it. Maybe I have been listening to those old wives tales

Im generally scared of illnesses who could Make life even harder.

Reactions: Painted Bird
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Actually, yeah. I have bad anxiety, and I get a little fixated on stuff like this at times. And going blind would be one of the worst things for me. I'm an artist. I create things. And I'm a very visually oriented person.

To make it worse, lately something is up with one of my eyes. It could be nothing, but I'm kind of terrified of getting it looked at because of what they might find. Anxiety, you know?

Reactions: Tabbyql
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Is anyone else here scared too of going blind? Its not that rational, but the anxiety is making me very depressed. It may sound ridicolous, but i try to avoid bright sunlight, or generally bright lights, because of fear they could Make me blind. And because im sensitive to light. I use generally eye protection as much as possible if the sun ist shining strong. Im already nearsighted, and im scared it will get worse. I do avoid bright lamps too, because of fear that they could make me blind if i glance at them. My greatest fear in life is going completely blind.
Your not the only one my anxiety makes me worry about getting horrible illnesses. Going blind included. My most current worry is a plane flying over, and something breaks off it and lands on my head. It just pops in my head, i lay in bed at night worrying the ceiling might fall in and crush me.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Actually, yeah. I have bad anxiety, and I get a little fixated on stuff like this at times. And going blind would be one of the worst things for me. I'm an artist. I create things. And I'm a very visually oriented person.

To make it worse, lately something is up with one of my eyes. It could be nothing, but I'm kind of terrified of getting it looked at because of what they might find. Anxiety, you know?

Yes, but many eye problems can be actually fixed, for example trough glasses.

Reactions: k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Yeah, I wear glasses. This is something new and different for me. Random tearing and blurring in the middle of my vision just in one eye. I'll get it looked at, but I'm definitely procrastinating first!

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Yeah, I wear glasses. This is something new and different for me. Random tearing and blurring in the middle of my vision just in one eye. I'll get it looked at, but I'm definitely procrastinating first!

Yes this is not a good sign, you should go to a doctor.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Yes this is not a good sign, you should go to a doctor.
Oh noes! Anxiety spike!!! LOL

Seriously though, maybe that'll be my goal for this week. It's just really scary all around.

At the same time, when you're feeling super suicidal, it's hard to rationalize stuff like going to the eye doctor. Like, why bother? Ugh.

Last edited:
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Oh noes! Anxiety spike!!! LOL

Seriously though, maybe that'll be my goal for this week. It's just really scary all around.

The longer you wait the worse it could get, some eye illnesses need to be checked out as fast as possible.

Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
If I was blind I could make a better case in the euthanasia process, I am not scared of going blind.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
If I was blind I could make a better case in the euthanasia process, I am not scared of going blind.

Not really, i doubt this is a good enough reason for euthanasia.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
My family suffer severe cases of chicken pox.
My mother was hospitalised and not expected to live.
I lost about 60% of my eyesight within 2 weeks. It has left permenant retinal scarring.
The brain does an amazing job of rectifying incorrect images using existing information.
But I am truly terrified of losing the remaining vision I have.

Reactions: Lennox
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
I'm nearsighted as well, and my family has a history of glaucoma and just generally shit eyes with age. I totally get your fear. Get blue light filters for your phone/laptop/desktop as well

T

tothemoon

Aug 5, 2019
The what ifs are killers. I would be thrilled to go blind. Sure id die homeless but at least I could have a physical manifestation.

P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I don't have an anxiety regarding going blind but the idea is horrifying. I'd prefer to die (ctb) than live being blind (which is kind of obvious for a person already suicidal without being blind).

K

Klee_

Aug 10, 2019
My eyesight is veeery bad(thanks to genetics). I was told I might become blind when I get old . I'll have to call an ambulance asap if I see white flashes infront of my eyes. I will hopefully kill myself before that happens.
I love to draw&paint. Loosing my eyesight would be a nightmare. Suicide would also become even more difficult when you cant see shit

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
My eyesight is veeery bad(thanks to genetics). I was told I might become blind when I get old . I'll have to call an ambulance asap if I see white flashes infront of my eyes. I will hopefully kill myself before that happens.
I love to draw&paint. Loosing my eyesight would be a nightmare. Suicide would also become even more difficult when you cant see shit

its harder but still possible.

Reactions: Klee_
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I would rather be blind than deaf, because I love music so much. But Deaf culture is very cool, and I have the impression it's easier to be independent, travel the world, etc., as a Deaf person.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I would rather be blind than deaf, because I love music so much. But Deaf culture is very cool, and I have the impression it's easier to be independent, travel the world, etc., as a Deaf person.

Im not scared of going deaf, but going blind would be horrible

Reactions: Painted Bird