• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
In my opinion this forum became too mainstream, it was better when it was less well known as it was more pro-choice rather than life valuing and more about suicide. A lot of the times the content on here just feels no different to anywhere else with people often even trying to make this place into a toxic social media website, some of the things on here are just too shallow and juvenile as well to me. And it feels like there's way more anti-suicide on here with people saying things like "get help, go to therapy" and they label anything that isn't forcing unsolicited life advice onto others as pro death and encouraging death, it's sad honestly.

A lot of the time the suicide discussion just feels like a life advice forum as well with many forcing unsolicted advice and positivity, honestly anything like that just makes me wish for death even more especially when ignorant and hostile people insult those who struggle to ctb and act like they don't even want it enough because they are still breathing.

But anyway humans really do like to poison everything and I'm tired of this human species, only death comforts me and I'd be glad to finally cease existing. I wish the suicide discussion was fully pro-choice without people acting like others are ill for wanting death, sad how the suicide discussion isn't a safe space to support the decision to die reserved for those who really want death to vent and discuss suicide openly.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
And it feels like there's way more anti-suicide on here with people saying things like "get help, go to therapy" and they label anything that isn't forcing unsolicited life advice onto others as pro death and encouraging death, it's sad honestly.
To the OP, straight and directly from the SaSu Rules and Info section:

We do suggest to existing users to play a role in providing new members of the site with recovery help; even simply copy-pasting the tips and disclaimer above is helpful.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Sanctioned Suicide is not mainstream - not yet. Yes the community and its values have gained a lot of attention over the last few years, but I am almost certain that the idea of having a pro-choice perspective on suicide is still vilified in many cultures. I think that even if Sanctioned Suicide was actually mainstream then this would be good, because many more people who have the same, or similar thoughts as us could have a community to express themselves. There was a time when everyone reading your initial post first discovered this forum; if Sanctioned Suicide was less well known then many current users, both long-term and short-term, might not have been able to join - including you.

TheDog_

TheDog_

Feb 25, 2023
I don't know why people are always so mean to you. If they don't agree they can easily ignore your posts. No one is here because they feel good, so why do they tear others down even more? I feel very sad that things are this way, nowhere feels safe anymore. I agree that people do not seem as accepting of one's decision to die as they used to. I hope those comments do not get you down, I always enjoy what you have to say

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I don't know why people are always so mean to you. If they don't agree they can easily ignore your posts. No one is here because they feel good, so why do they tear others down even more? I feel very sad that things are this way, nowhere feels safe anymore. I agree that people do not seem as accepting of one's decision to die as they used to. I hope those comments do not get you down, I always enjoy what you have to say
I hope you are not including me in the mean-spirited category, because I was just posting a disagreement. Also to be fair: FuneralCry has made many, many posts which insult others; it does not make any user here feel good when somebody else labels them as delusional or "pro-life" if they find even the slightest piece of happiness in their lives.

I absolutely agree that everybody in this community should try to be understanding toward each other, but this must work both ways. We should accept an individuals choice whether they decide to live or die, and they should not be insulted for making either of these choices.

Alfwynn

Alfwynn

Hanging
Feb 22, 2024
I hope you are not including me in the mean-spirited category, because I was just posting a disagreement. Also to be fair: FuneralCry has made many, many posts which insult others; it does not make any user here feel good when somebody else labels them as delusional or "pro-life" if they find even the slightest piece of happiness in their lives.

I absolutely agree that everybody in this community should try to be understanding toward each other, but this must work both ways. We should accept an individuals choice whether they decide to live or die, and they should not be insulted for making either of these choices.
I read your contribution to this thread, but I feel like it is kind of incongruent with the sentiments expressed in the original post. The original sentiment expresses that the forum has been watered down, and the increasing user base is just used as an explanation for the central issue. The heart of the sentiment is mostly just about the values of the place shifting.

Lots of these people replying in this thread have low-effort, knee-jerk reactions to what is being expressed. It's important to remember that this is someone's lived experience; and to have empathy and offer support to people hurting like this, like you would any other vent post. You may feel differently, and that's okay— but I think it is important to just let it go. It doesn't seem necessary (even if you are well-intentioned). I don't really think FuneralCry is looking to debate people on this.

Last edited:
N

neverLoved

May 4, 2024
I have recently joined this forum after lurking for a while and I really do wonder what the thought process behind all these posts are? 34k posts, and every time it is something how about 'pro-life' this forum is.

In the little while that I have been here I have never seen a 'pro-life' comment or unsolicited advice. All I have seen is people making sure whether the decision someone makes is really what they want. I call that human decency, while completely respecting and supporting their final decision.

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
In the little while that I have been here I have never seen a 'pro-life' comment or unsolicited advice.

Same! but *ONE* time I actually came across a person spreading Jesus talk and information on getting help, literal paragraphs on a bunch of posts. The account and their posts were removed the next day! So that proves the mods aren't allowing this "forced unsolicted advice and positivity" like she claims.

buoy

buoy

Kill off the old me before I decide to kill myself
Nov 8, 2023
In my opinion this forum became too mainstream, it was better when it was less well known as it was more pro-choice rather than life valuing and more about suicide. A lot of the times the content on here just feels no different to anywhere else with people often even trying to make this place into a toxic social media website, some of the things on here are just too shallow and juvenile as well to me. And it feels like there's way more anti-suicide on here with people saying things like "get help, go to therapy" and they label anything that isn't forcing unsolicited life advice onto others as pro death and encouraging death, it's sad honestly.

A lot of the time the suicide discussion just feels like a life advice forum as well with many forcing unsolicted advice and positivity, honestly anything like that just makes me wish for death even more especially when ignorant and hostile people insult those who struggle to ctb and act like they don't even want it enough because they are still breathing.

But anyway humans really do like to poison everything and I'm tired of this human species, only death comforts me and I'd be glad to finally cease existing. I wish the suicide discussion was fully pro-choice without people acting like others are ill for wanting death, sad how the suicide discussion isn't a safe space to support the decision to die reserved for those who really want death to vent and discuss suicide openly.
I understand your feelings and frustrations. I'm fairly new so I'm not familiar with the old SASU, but I'm an offender of the positivity. I'm sorry if that has dejected you, but I genuinely want people to find peace in life, selfishly. I think the world is more beautiful with your perspective in it. That and I have a hard time not investing in others, even at my expense. "I may want to die, but that's not for you", kind of love of the idea of humankind. I wish people peace in life and in death. I only am here to make sure you know the door doesn't close on your ass on the way out. Or at least how I see it

Reactions: fleetingnight
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
From the time I got here, anyway, thr site hasn't changed all that much. When N used to be available, many of the threads use to center around that, with smatterings here and there of other methods. Then SN started permeating the space more and more as N became harder and harder to attain. There does seem to be more "youth" here now. I just don't see this great difference between then and now. Maybe it has changed more since 1937 when FC first arrived. IDK.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
i dont even like this site and everyone here ignores me but where else am i gonna go ?

"Where else am I gonna go?"

You know, that's exactly how I feel. Where else am I gonna go with these big thoughts about suicide and the absurdity of life?

Where else can I talk about the horrors of living with chronic illness? As soon as I open the subject with healthy people, they provide me with unsolicited advice and shower me with toxic positivity.

I love this place, I think it fits its purpose beautifully. I lost count of how many times I found relief (very little it's true, but still relief) in writing a post here, or reading about someone else's struggles with problems similar to mine.

No, this place hasn't changed in my opinion. Sure people come and go, but it's the same it's always been: a safe space to talk about suicide. Don't idealize the past, it's an illusion!

PS: I am grateful to the admin and mods who put up with our insanity and keep this forum going.

feverinjection

feverinjection

sacrifice
May 8, 2024
I'm not exactly sure why you feel like this, considering this is still a safe place. I don't invalidate your feelings of this site becoming more popular, that's definitely upsetting.

However, this just leads to more opportunities. Doors closing just opens new doors. Still, I think this place is just as safe as it used to be. There will ALWAYS be people trying to give unwanted advice, not just about suicide, but about everything. There will always be SOMEONE trying to get you down, in any place.

O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
How did this site use to be? The site used to be a lot smaller, and there was more of a sense of community.
The site was much smaller, and there was more of a sense of community than there is now.

Before the majority of threads were method talk or topics directly related to suicide.
Now many people are using the site like a social media site and it has more of a general chat room atmosphere. There are more venting threads vs wanting practical information.