Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
My health is still a bit of a trainwreck, but lately I've been finding an "appearance" routine to be encouraging. It's something that took some getting used as I can be prone to self-neglect out of stress/depression, but I've grown to enjoy the confidence that my improving appearance has been giving me.

Everyday, I do a skincare routine that involves exfoliation, retinol cream, and ingesting at least 2 tbsp of collagen powder a day. This has reduced the appearance of sunspots/dark spots considerably and I think I could pass as someone in her late 30s again (for the time being).

Also oral care. Everyday I brush my teeth, brush it again with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), floss, and then swish with a solution of water and 3% hydrogen peroxide. My gums are now pink for the first time in my life and my teeth are looking whiter. Definitely recommend, as seeing yourself with bright, white teeth can boost your confidence more than you might expect.

Highly recommend a daily checklist that you look at everyday which may include your skincare, oral care, supplements/meds. Self-care - particularly grooming - is definitely a part-time job.

• Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, Niko66, Pluto and 5 others
8evergo

8evergo

Mage
Oct 20, 2021
that's true with deperions mn quite neglected i shave daily wash my teeth with fluri free toothpaste wash my face with hydra energy scrub and creamy my face use cologne and then perfume from le mâle le parfum when i take ctb i want to go particularly grooming

Reactions: Mixo
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
that's true with deperions mn quite neglected i shave daily wash my teeth with fluri free toothpaste wash my face with hydra energy scrub and creamy my face use cologne and then perfume from le mâle le parfum when i take ctb i want to go particularly grooming
You do fluoride free? I've been thinking about making the switch, but haven't taken the leap yet. Not sure what the benefits would be.

8evergo

8evergo

Mage
Oct 20, 2021
You do fluoride free? I've been thinking about making the switch, but haven't taken the leap yet. Not sure what the benefits would be.
I believe or think that fluoride is not good for the pineal gland and through your thinking bze can infuence your instinct and intrusive thought

This_sux ✓

This_sux ✓

Forever alone
Aug 6, 2020
I believe or think that fluoride is not good for the pineal gland and through your thinking bze can infuence your instinct and intrusive thought
Fluoride is a crucial component for teeth. It protects them from bacteria.

By using fluoride-free toothpaste you're only removing the food chunks from teeth, but not applying the protective layer afterwards. I would not recommend this practice.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Fluoride is a crucial component for teeth. It protects them from bacteria.

By using fluoride-free toothpaste you're only removing the food chunks from teeth, but not applying the protective layer afterwards. I would not recommend this practice.
Fair enough, but I have heard some pretty bad things about fluoride and its effect on brain health.

• Informative
Reactions: 8evergo
gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
i started dancing again so i need to be groomed head to toe . hair is looking better, feet looking better, its nice to be able to wear anything cuz i waxed my whole body lol

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Damn, I wish I had your discipline. I shower at least every other day because of work. I think buying products you like to use helps. It's so much nicer when your soaps smell nice.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Damn, I wish I had your discipline. I shower at least every other day because of work. I think buying products you like to use helps. It's so much nicer when your soaps smell nice.
I do my best to be consistent, but it's hard when you're down and out. I can understand that. I like your point about getting the right product; sometimes that can make all the difference between making hygiene a chore or something pleasurable. I ought to pay more attention to smells, I'm too in my head most of the time.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
My health is still a bit of a trainwreck, but lately I've been finding an "appearance" routine to be encouraging. It's something that took some getting used as I can be prone to self-neglect out of stress/depression, but I've grown to enjoy the confidence that my improving appearance has been giving me.

Everyday, I do a skincare routine that involves exfoliation, retinol cream, and ingesting at least 2 tbsp of collagen powder a day. This has reduced the appearance of sunspots/dark spots considerably and I think I could pass as someone in her late 30s again (for the time being).

Also oral care. Everyday I brush my teeth, brush it again with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), floss, and then swish with a solution of water and 3% hydrogen peroxide. My gums are now pink for the first time in my life and my teeth are looking whiter. Definitely recommend, as seeing yourself with bright, white teeth can boost your confidence more than you might expect.

Highly recommend a daily checklist that you look at everyday which may include your skincare, oral care, supplements/meds. Self-care - particularly grooming - is definitely a part-time job.
Wow this is great to hear, spun out, I've actually been doing the same. Self-neglect is the first thing that happens when I'm having a bad day health wise.

Bicarb soda is amazing stuff and I use it for many things. Drinking a cup of water with 1-2 tsp bicarb at night benefits the health in many ways. You know Julia Robert's famous pearly whites? Baking soda only, I shit you not. Her dad put her onto it at a young age.

Keep up the good fortune!

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Wow this is great to hear, spun out, I've actually been doing the same. Self-neglect is the first thing that happens when I'm having a bad day health wise.

Bicarb soda is amazing stuff and I use it for many things. Drinking a cup of water with 1-2 tsp bicarb at night benefits the health in many ways. You know Julia Robert's famous pearly whites? Baking soda only, I shit you not. Her dad put her onto it at a young age.

Keep up the good fortune!
I understand about letting this stuff slide when you're feeling ill. It's one of those nuanced, hidden reasons for self-neglect that people who are able-bodied and healthy generally don't comprehend. When fatigue, pain, and unwellness in general is weighing you down, the last thing on your mind is your looks. The game at that point is survival.

I like what you've said about drinking bicarbonate. I do that occasionally too, with organic, aluminum-free bicarb. I mix it with a bit of potassium bicarbonate to make my body more alkaline since I drink coffee. Funny thing though, I drink coffee through a straw now to avoid staining my front teeth. I used to laugh when a gay male friend of mine told me he did that years ago. Incidentally, he had teeth so white they looked almost translucent. Now I get it and wish I'd done it sooner! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: GentleJerk
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I understand about letting this stuff slide when you're feeling ill. It's one of those nuanced, hidden reasons people who are able-bodied and healthy generally don't understand. When fatigue, pain, and unwellness in general is weighing you down, last thing on your mind is your looks. The game at that point is survival.

I like what you've said about drinking bicarbonate. I do that occasionally too, with organic, aluminum-free bicarb. I mix it with a bit of potassium bicarbonate to make my body more alkaline since I drink coffee. Funny thing though, I drink coffee through a straw now to avoid staining my front teeth. I used to laugh when a gay male friend of mine told me he did that years ago. Incidentally, he had teeth so white they looked almost translucent. Now I get it and wish I'd done it sooner! lol
Spot-on, they can't comprehend because it has to be experienced to be truly understood. I mean good for them, but that spring chicken blind spot can be annoying if they get to dishing out the life coach style inspirational quotes!

Oh man, I used to work with this bloke who constantly drank nothing but coffee, and his teeth were so ghetto. When he smiles they spell out THUG LIFE in black graffiti.

Bicarb works so well, my teeth look way cleaner than they should considering I smoked weed heavily for 14 years straight. And I only used baking soda occasionally, recently though I'm dipping my toothbrush in it every time. I don't know if excesss carrot juice will do something funky to my teeth but I don't want to find out.