• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Daigoro’sDisciple

Daigoro’sDisciple

Jul 6, 2019
By no means am I suggesting this will cure the root of depression lurking in so many of us. Though, I've seen, on several occasions, users posting about wanting to CTB because they feel inferior and insecure. Or in some way have problems maintaining relationships because of these complications. So, I think it would be a very hastened decision to jump straight for the bus before at least trying to change for the better. Again, this post may only apply to an utmost minority of users on this site. If the subject does not interest you, I kindly ask you to move on!

In my opinion, no one is born completely perfect. Or rather, most of us are born in a perfectly acceptable state — but our way of life is chipping away at our beauty as time pass us by. People who generally are considered attractive are either taking care of their bodies with proper diet, lifestyle and skin care. Or they may be hiding behind make-up. I'm not saying anything is wrong or right. Just pointing out facts for people who feel insecure about themselves. And sure, genetics do play a part, but we are able to change so much more than most people are aware of.

Please do not get insulted if this wont fit in your particular situation. All I'm trying to do is to hand over some free advice that will hopefully aid someone who's struggling with matters such as these. Also, I wish to get rid of the notion that EVERYONE is born a certain way and there's nothing we can do about it. Sure, some are born with certain conditions, and on that front I can be of little assistance. I agree such circumstances are certainly an unadvantageous starting point in life. Though hopefully you'll take no offense and try to grasp the point I'm trying to make. Also, understand that this thread is directed toward those who are able to make a change for the better, but at the same time lack the knowledge regarding where to start. My first two attempts, which occurred several years ago, were heavily influenced by similar feelings of self-loathing and I know firsthand how hard it can be to find information regarding these matters without anyone pointing you in the right direction.

So, here I shall put a list which includes things that YOU can do to improve YOUR outward appearance and indirectly gain a better confidence. I know some things may sound silly, but try them out for yourself before you disregard them. What do you have to lose if you're going to CTB anyhow?

Bodyweight workout

Chin-ups, push-ups, plank and side-plank.

(You wont become the next mr.universe, but you'll eventually have a lean and fit body if you make it a part of your weekly routine.)

Lifestyle

Take regular walks outdoors. I'd recommend around one hour a day minimum. You'll see a change in skin and get brighter eyes. Your bearing will also improve along with your mental clarity. Get some good walking shoes and keep a healthy posture while walking. Don't forget to stretch afterwards or you might develop complications in your legs in the long run.

Try getting at least 8-hours sleep.

Work on your stress-related issues and try to stay calm through-out the day.

You can't satisfy everyone. People are selfish and it's okay for you to be as well. Learn to take care of yourself and get rid of all poisonous leeches in your surroundings.

Of course, it will feel good to interact with people and lend a helping hand. But do so only as long as you don't feel the good intentions are one-sided.

Stop caring what other (self-absorbed) people think. It will make you appear stronger and more like an actual individual. Usually, potential partners are looking for someone independent, rather than someone who tries his best to please others at his own expense. (Never said I agreed on their logic.)

Diet (Extremely important – often overlooked)

Have a look on the candida diet — it's a very strict, healthy and low-sugar choice that may cure everything from bloating and acne to brain fog. Google this and do some research!

Read up on calories to get an idea of how much food is good for you.

Read up on daily recommendations regarding vitamins, electrolytes and minerals.

Read up on saturated and unsaturated fats

Read up on omega 3 and 6 balance.

Read up on daily protein intake

Read up on essential amino acids.

Read up on antioxidants.

If you eat LCHF (Low Carb, High Fat) — DON'T mix with sugar, such as fruit and candy — it will eventually lead to your death. Besides, it would no longer be LCHF, instead HCHF. If you ask me, I think there are far more pleasant ways to CTB. Also you wont know when it will happen and chances are you'll get 'saved' and survive with complications. Initially, try to keep your sugar intake under 25g/day. Then you may gradually increase and see how you feel. Remember, DON'T go crazy on the sugar while using fat as a main source for calories!

Example on foods I view as healthy:

Buckwheat, olive oil*, coconut oil*, eggs, sprouts**, broccoli, haricots verts, kiwi, blueberry, lapacho tea, sea salt, turmeric, black pepper and cayenne.

*Important that all oils are extra virgin, preferably eco as well.
** Sprouts are amazing, especially buckwheat sprouts, which approximately only need three days in total before you can consume them, first day you let it soak for 8-12 hours, then you just rinse it when you wake up and before you go to sleep. Google detailed instructions on sprouting. I'd recommend using a glass jar sprouter to minimize effort.

Also, I'd strongly recommend only drinking pure water and healthy teas.

Skin care (not to be confused with make-up)

Paula's Choice skin care products will chase away your acne and give you that moviestar glow. Especially retinol products which I think most of the iconic celebrities use. My point being, a lot of people significantly improve their looks after they become famous via means such as these. Probably after getting advice from professionals in the area. If you are unsure regarding which products are suited for your skin type, I am positive their official customer care can help you to pick, they have separate websites for both EU and US, make sure you pick the right one.

(Don't expect skin care to make up for an unhealthy way of life, rather look at it as a powerful complement, if you follow the rest of my advice, I assure you that you will see a difference.)

A Final Note

Also, as a last note, I don't think anyone should have to change themselves in order to feel accepted. Again, this post is for people who are so hard on themselves that they wish to CTB because of appearance. I'm not judging any of you, just trying to share what I've gathered from my own life experience, which has worked well for me. Of course, it does not mean it will apply to everyone.

Since this is a pro choice forum, I'd like to balance my morbid advice with something more cheerful, for my own selfish reasons. Hope this will help. Good luck to you!

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Definitely agree 1000000000 percent with this. Yes its so hard sometimes to change specific parts of yourself that your not happy with. But you can change and still do something about it. A lifestyle change, changes to your appearence, etc; helps so much and makes you feel 100000 times better and i know it sounds cheesy but it really does. Taking care of you're skin through skin care routines, helps me feel clean and just fresh. Taking care of my hair helps me feel confident. Working out made me feel happy. Its just about choosing to try and doing these things instead of drowning in your sorrow, and that first step of doing something about it is hard as fuck.

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
CTB is an "option" just as self-care is an :option". No option is better than another. If one thinks that one should try or exhaust all other "options" before CTB that's a matter of personal opinion. Some don't want to get better. Or some have tried to get better multiple times with no result hence they default back to this forum.

No offense to you but feel free to post anything that makes you feel good inside. I could agree that some are too caught up in personal self-loathing and are more willing to stick with the same "old story" playing in their head. No judgment to those of us that are in that space.

I think the problem that many will have with this post is that when one searches for "suicide methods" barely no websites come up. Finding this place is like searching for a needle in a haystack. So its reasonable to assume many may not know about N, night-night or "fill in the blank" method.

However when searching for skin care, body care or any other related search terms gazillions of things will appear. As such there should be a basic assumption (imo) that if one is interested in such topics they are already well aware of at least 60-90% if not 100% of what is contained in this post.

Again no offense to you @Daigoro'sDisciple I think you are wanting to help. Just offering a viewpoint that one may not be aware of (similar to your motivations for initiating this post). In fact I remember the mods asking if people wanted a seperate forum to discuss recovery and the overwhelming majority stated it was not desired or necessary due to the millions of places in the world that there are to discuss such recovery topics.

Some even stated a strong desire to keep the forum discussion "purely" focused on CTB discussion despite acknowledging that all else falls under pro-choice discussion.

Anyway, thanks for your contribution.

Reactions: throwaway_2620
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
not really. If anything, it might jus
CTB is an "option" just as self-care is an :option". No option is better than another. If one thinks that one should try or exhaust all other "options" before CTB that's a matter of personal opinion. Some don't want to get better. Or some have tried to get better multiple times with no result hence they default back to this forum.

No offense to you but feel free to post anything that makes you feel good inside. I could agree that some are too caught up in personal self-loathing and are more willing to stick with the same "old story" playing in their head. No judgment to those of us that are in that space.

I think the problem that many will have with this post is that when one searches for "suicide methods" barely no websites come up. Finding this place is like searching for a needle in a haystack. So its reasonable to assume many may not know about N, night-night or "fill in the blank" method.

However when searching for skin care, body care or any other related search terms gazillions of things will appear. As such there should be a basic assumption (imo) that if one is interested in such topics they are already well aware of at least 60-90% if not 100% of what is contained in this post.

Again no offense to you @Daigoro'sDisciple I think you are wanting to help. Just offering a viewpoint that one may not be aware of (similar to your motivations for initiating this post). In fact I remember the mods asking if people wanted a seperate forum to discuss recovery and the overwhelming majority stated it was not desired or necessary due to the millions of places in the world that there are to discuss such recovery topics.

Some even stated a strong desire to keep the forum discussion "purely" focused on CTB discussion despite acknowledging that all else falls under pro-choice discussion.

Not really, if anything it might be in the wrong section; as it should be in off topic and thoughts, where theres more free thinking and open ended questions and debates. However, this is in the sanctioned suicide space, where many look for methods than other things.

But he definitely isn't wrong at all. More people do need to consider these things instead of self pity, as it does help and some just need one's guidance who has gone through it deeply to help them and talk to them about it because they can relate. And theres a ton of misinformation on skin care, etc; so and since theres so much, theres prone to indifferences. Having it first hand, from someone whos struggled, is vital. Its the ability to relate to someone with the same mental state that another is and has gone through, and to show that they've gone through it by doing this. You won't find that anywhere else on the internet, because like you said, this sites on the rarer side; so you wont see depressed suicidal people on beauty sites talking openly about their depression but also talking about how skin care influenced change and posivity in their life.

Reactions: GinaIsReady
Daigoro’sDisciple

Daigoro’sDisciple

Jul 6, 2019

Problem is that there is too much information when searching for such things. Too many BS stories from bloggers and companies trying to spread their propaganda. It can be very confusing knowing where to look. And I chose the name of this thread so people could easily ignore it if they were not interested. Then I even added the 'recovery' tag in order to make it even clearer. Also, some people may not be aware of these things and haven't bothered searching — instead they go straight for the option to leave it all behind. I've seen threads named in ways like 'Do you CTB because you're ugly?' etc. Also a lot of users mentioning such thoughts within other threads. In the very beginning of this thread I also encourage people to leave if they were not interested in this thread. Apparently you kept on reading. Though, I respect that you express your honest opinion on the matter. Let us agree to disagree?

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
not really. If anything, it might jus

Not really, if anything it might be in the wrong section; as it should be in off topic and thoughts, where theres more free thinking and open ended questions and debates. However, this is in the sanctioned suicide space, where many look for methods than other things.

But he definitely isn't wrong at all. More people do need to consider these things instead of self pity, as it does help and some just need one's guidance who has gone through it deeply to help them and talk to them about it because they can relate. And theres a ton of misinformation on skin care, etc; so and since theres so much, theres prone to indifferences. Having it first hand, from someone whos struggled, is vital. Its the ability to relate to someone with the same mental state that another is and has gone through, and to show that they've gone through it by doing this. You won't find that anywhere else on the internet, because like you said, this sites on the rarer side; so you wont see depressed suicidal people on beauty sites talking openly about their depression but also talking about how skin care influenced change and posivity in their life.
Again we are all offering personal opinions so to say my opinion is wrong is a personal opinion. I didnt make OP wrong. Nor will I make you wrong. Please dont make me wrong. There is no one answer.

However I will say that beauty care and health tips either help or they dont help. Being depressed doesnt make retinol or goji berries any more valid as health options. And hearing about them from depressed people dont make them any more or less valid as a scientific cure or "help". That would be more so supported by the placebo affect.

Anyway have a great day. We are all welcome to our opinions.

Reactions: saw_him and Soul
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Again we are all offering personal opinions so to say my opinion is wrong is a personal opinion. I didnt make OP wrong. Nor will I make you wrong. Please dont make me wrong. There is no one answer.

However I will say that beauty care and health tips either help or they dont help. Being depressed doesnt make retinol or goji berries any more valid as health options. And hearing about them from depressed people dont make them any more or less valid as a scientific cure or "help". That would be more so supported by the placebo affect.

Anyway have a great day. We are all welcome to our opinions.
nah. Where you get these beauty tips and information regarding you're skin often times is vital. And is an example of the importance of one discussing it. As he just stated, with topics such as skin care, theres significant propoganda and misinformation regarding treatment and products, especially since its different to each. Having been depressed, i know the tone it takes on someone with lets say oily skin thats prone to breakouts influenced by stress and anxiety. And im sure others are in the same boat, but arent sure whats credible to use and what isnt. And maybe its something there heavily insecure and anxious about, and its something that bothers them; having knowledge first hand of a solution by someone in the same boat as them, as some sort of guidance helps immensely, simply because iv also experienced it again. So did Rallyon, who commented that He/She actually gained tips and was helped by this post. And so was i. It doesnt matter whoever there hearing it from, its that hearing it, and it being from someone that they can relate to helps a ton. Ive struggled with dark eye bags, but i feel anxious reading dozens of reviews and forums online from those who are normally healthy, and dont have anything going on in their lives and suffer from external factors. Maybe garnering tips from someone on the same boat as me who suffers from insomnia, perhaps genetic dark circles, and stress could help me feel less self conscious about myself, especially someone first hand that i can relate to. From there on, that's a connection established on a forum. Its just a positive contribution and a positive outcome in the end. There isnt any wrong done in trying to help and provide tips.

I've talked to several people through PMs about these same exact things that he mentioned, and it was something they weren't aware of its significance and impact. And thus embarking on fixing some of these things allowed them to somewhat get better. Maybe theres people whom are disbelievers, who think there a lost cause and there isnt a fix; hearing this from someone whos gone through it may motivate change, maybe allow them to seek change and try and follow in his steps. "If its worked for him, what if it works for me" type shit.

I just dont see the point in questioning someone intent of trying to in a way spread positivity through offering tips for someone to change? If it doesnt help you, then just move on and let it impact those who it does have an influence on.

The only thing wrong about this thread is the location, it should be in another place in the forum such as the thoughts place where people go to discuss and explore, and not sanctioned suicide where its threads on methods and what not. Literally nothing else is in any way wrong to any extent about him offering advice to change, and how it helped him and how it could maybe spark change and help others.

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
There isnt any wrong done in trying to help and provide tips.

I just dont see the point in questioning someone intent of trying to in a way spread positivity through offering tips for someone to change? If it doesnt help you, then just move on and let it impact those who it does have an influence on.

The only thing wrong about this thread is the location, it should be in another place in the forum such as the thoughts place where people go to discuss and explore, ...

Your response is all about your perception to my post. As I originally and very clearly stated in my post:

1. I never disagreed with OP. In fact I agreed with several points which were conveniently and completely ignored.
  2. I never questioned his intent
  3. I never stated it wouldn't help someone.
  4. I never suggested OP was wrong
  5. I never made any of the other "negative" conclusions you assigned to my posts.
As such I dont feel a need to continue any rebuttal statements.

I get the sense that people here only want to hear their exact sentiments echoed back to them or only choose to receive responses that are formulated in a manner that fully regurgitates their views and that's not what a discussion board is about.

Everyone has a right to free speech and I will continue to do that as you should. However if you choose to rebut my post please be accurate in your conclusions or else the commentary provides no helpful basis for discussion.

Reactions: AtomicNewt
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Your response is all about your perception to my post. As I originally and very clearly stated in my post:

1. I never disagreed with OP. In fact I agreed with several points which were conveniently and completely ignored.
  2. I never questioned his intent
  3. I never stated it wouldn't help someone.
  4. I never suggested OP was wrong
  5. I never made any of the other "negative" conclusions you assigned to my posts.
As such I dont feel a need to continue any rebuttal statements.

I get the sense that people here only want to hear their exact sentiments echoed back to them or only choose to receive responses that are formulated in a manner that fully regurgitates their views and that's not what a discussion board is about.

Everyone has a right to free speech and I will continue to do that as you should. However if you choose to rebut my post please be accurate in your conclusions or else the commentary provides no helpful basis for discussion.
Nah just stop, please. All you did was belittle and undervalue the information given by him; when all he did was helping. I encounter people like you alot. Essentially negative for no fucking reason, even when all someones doing is attempting to spread some sort of positivity through change with personal experiences that can be found relatable to others. I don't understand how that could ever be wrong; unless it's someone being negative for no reason. From the first post on, you were negative about it. You're input was just negative, and it had no basis or reasoning. All you had to say is that it was posted in the wrong section of the forum. Thats it. But instead you chose to nitpick what he wrote, and undervalue the information given, because you're assuming that people are solely looking for methods of suicide and already know about what he wrote, so its essentially useless, which is complete bullshit lmao.

Just stop, it's negative.

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
avoid sausages coz the pinkish color on it contain food grade Sodium Nitrite. You guys are warned. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Thorn and Soul
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
avoid sausages coz the pinkish color on it contain food grade Sodium Nitrite. You guys are warned. :hug:

SHHHHHHHhhhhhhh...PLEASE don't say that on this board or the next post may be: "Death by Oscar Mayer. What do you think?" :blarg: :pfff: :pfff:

Reactions: puppy9
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Good advice. I'm trying to join a gym. I have a membership on hold. It's complicated. I felt so much better when I was working out.

Reactions: pole
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
By no means am I suggesting this will cure the root of depression lurking in so many of us. Though, I've seen, on several occasions, users posting about wanting to CTB because they feel inferior and insecure. Or in some way have problems maintaining relationships because of these complications. So, I think it would be a very hastened decision to jump straight for the bus before at least trying to change for the better. Again, this post may only apply to an utmost minority of users on this site. If the subject does not interest you, I kindly ask you to move on!

In my opinion, no one is born completely perfect. Or rather, most of us are born in a perfectly acceptable state — but our way of life is chipping away at our beauty as time pass us by. People who generally are considered attractive are either taking care of their bodies with proper diet, lifestyle and skin care. Or they may be hiding behind make-up. I'm not saying anything is wrong or right. Just pointing out facts for people who feel insecure about themselves. And sure, genetics do play a part, but we are able to change so much more than most people are aware of.

Please do not get insulted if this wont fit in your particular situation. All I'm trying to do is to hand over some free advice that will hopefully aid someone who's struggling with matters such as these. Also, I wish to get rid of the notion that EVERYONE is born a certain way and there's nothing we can do about it. Sure, some are born with certain conditions, and on that front I can be of little assistance. I agree such circumstances are certainly an unadvantageous starting point in life. Though hopefully you'll take no offense and try to grasp the point I'm trying to make. Also, understand that this thread is directed toward those who are able to make a change for the better, but at the same time lack the knowledge regarding where to start. My first two attempts, which occurred several years ago, were heavily influenced by similar feelings of self-loathing and I know firsthand how hard it can be to find information regarding these matters without anyone pointing you in the right direction.

So, here I shall put a list which includes things that YOU can do to improve YOUR outward appearance and indirectly gain a better confidence. I know some things may sound silly, but try them out for yourself before you disregard them. What do you have to lose if you're going to CTB anyhow?

Bodyweight workout

Chin-ups, push-ups, plank and side-plank.

(You wont become the next mr.universe, but you'll eventually have a lean and fit body if you make it a part of your weekly routine.)

Lifestyle

Take regular walks outdoors. I'd recommend around one hour a day minimum. You'll see a change in skin and get brighter eyes. Your bearing will also improve along with your mental clarity. Get some good walking shoes and keep a healthy posture while walking. Don't forget to stretch afterwards or you might develop complications in your legs in the long run.

Try getting at least 8-hours sleep.

Work on your stress-related issues and try to stay calm through-out the day.

You can't satisfy everyone. People are selfish and it's okay for you to be as well. Learn to take care of yourself and get rid of all poisonous leeches in your surroundings.

Of course, it will feel good to interact with people and lend a helping hand. But do so only as long as you don't feel the good intentions are one-sided.

Stop caring what other (self-absorbed) people think. It will make you appear stronger and more like an actual individual. Usually, potential partners are looking for someone independent, rather than someone who tries his best to please others at his own expense. (Never said I agreed on their logic.)

Diet (Extremely important – often overlooked)

Have a look on the candida diet — it's a very strict, healthy and low-sugar choice that may cure everything from bloating and acne to brain fog. Google this and do some research!

Read up on calories to get an idea of how much food is good for you.

Read up on daily recommendations regarding vitamins, electrolytes and minerals.

Read up on saturated and unsaturated fats

Read up on omega 3 and 6 balance.

Read up on daily protein intake

Read up on essential amino acids.

Read up on antioxidants.

If you eat LCHF (Low Carb, High Fat) — DON'T mix with sugar, such as fruit and candy — it will eventually lead to your death. Besides, it would no longer be LCHF, instead HCHF. If you ask me, I think there are far more pleasant ways to CTB. Also you wont know when it will happen and chances are you'll get 'saved' and survive with complications. Initially, try to keep your sugar intake under 25g/day. Then you may gradually increase and see how you feel. Remember, DON'T go crazy on the sugar while using fat as a main source for calories!

Example on foods I view as healthy:

Buckwheat, olive oil*, coconut oil*, eggs, sprouts**, broccoli, haricots verts, kiwi, blueberry, lapacho tea, sea salt, turmeric, black pepper and cayenne.

*Important that all oils are extra virgin, preferably eco as well.
** Sprouts are amazing, especially buckwheat sprouts, which approximately only need three days in total before you can consume them, first day you let it soak for 8-12 hours, then you just rinse it when you wake up and before you go to sleep. Google detailed instructions on sprouting. I'd recommend using a glass jar sprouter to minimize effort.

Also, I'd strongly recommend only drinking pure water and healthy teas.

Skin care (not to be confused with make-up)

Paula's Choice skin care products will chase away your acne and give you that moviestar glow. Especially retinol products which I think most of the iconic celebrities use. My point being, a lot of people significantly improve their looks after they become famous via means such as these. Probably after getting advice from professionals in the area. If you are unsure regarding which products are suited for your skin type, I am positive their official customer care can help you to pick, they have separate websites for both EU and US, make sure you pick the right one.

(Don't expect skin care to make up for an unhealthy way of life, rather look at it as a powerful complement, if you follow the rest of my advice, I assure you that you will see a difference.)

A Final Note

Also, as a last note, I don't think anyone should have to change themselves in order to feel accepted. Again, this post is for people who are so hard on themselves that they wish to CTB because of appearance. I'm not judging any of you, just trying to share what I've gathered from my own life experience, which has worked well for me. Of course, it does not mean it will apply to everyone.

Since this is a pro choice forum, I'd like to balance my morbid advice with something more cheerful, for my own selfish reasons. Hope this will help. Good luck to you!
Thank you that was helpful I find it difficult to look after my self. Wish I could pay someone to follow me round all day and make me do healthy things. Give me slap around back of my head if I don't lol.

Reactions: pole