Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
I certainly hope Heaven is real. By definition, Heaven cannot be boring, but descriptions of Heaven often make it seem like it would be boring after a while. I hope Hell is not real. However, with my luck, I fear that I would end up eternally alone in a chilly Hell with nothing to distract myself -- no books, for example -- if I were to ctb. Being stuck forever with myself, constantly ruminating on what might have been -- that scares me.

I think of cutdown photos of people who have hanged themselves: often they look quite peaceful, quite serene, in death. Only the mark around their necks indicates that they are not merely sleeping. I hope that at the moment of their deaths, the light of God enveloped them and welcomed them home to Heaven. It is certainly something to aspire to. God forgive me, but I would rather ctb than die of natural causes: I want to control the timing and circumstances of my departure from this world. It is a pity that ctb usually has to be done by oneself in secret as if it were something shameful. It should not be that way.

Reactions: deadjohnny
D

deadjohnny

Feb 10, 2020
I certainly hope Heaven is real. By definition, Heaven cannot be boring, but descriptions of Heaven often make it seem like it would be boring after a while. I hope Hell is not real. However, with my luck, I fear that I would end up eternally alone in a chilly Hell with nothing to distract myself -- no books, for example -- if I were to ctb. Being stuck forever with myself, constantly ruminating on what might have been -- that scares me.

I think of cutdown photos of people who have hanged themselves: often they look quite peaceful, quite serene, in death. Only the mark around their necks indicates that they are not merely sleeping. I hope that at the moment of their deaths, the light of God enveloped them and welcomed them home to Heaven. It is certainly something to aspire to. God forgive me, but I would rather ctb than die of natural causes: I want to control the timing and circumstances of my departure from this world. It is a pity that ctb usually has to be done by oneself in secret as if it were something shameful. It should not be that way.
I feel if you ask Jesus to "save" you from the darkness of hell or while on your way to hell/nothingness(pls see Iain McCormack and Howard Storm NDE on You Tube) who were both non-believers, but had heard of "Jesus and the Christian faith" I truly believe he will come and rescue you from the dark pit that is hell. He is the "light of the world" etc...Just a thought.

Reactions: Maravillosa
W

Worthless loser

Feb 13, 2020
The very best I could hope for would be to slip into non-existence, but I expect to be punished.

I have heard that some circles of Christianity interpret "hell" as being apart from god in the afterlife, and so the only two choices in their view are heaven or non existence, but that the classic vision of hell as fire and brimstone is incorrect. Who knows.