• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
There's no bad blood between us.

I just find it annoying to talk about my life. He wants to know about my life. Doesn't work well over the phone. Don't think it will work well in person.

Not looking forward to it. I'll have to do it anyway.

RockBot

RockBot

A Mole Sitting in a Hole
Jun 6, 2020
I hope it goes better than you expect. You never know, something surprisingly good might come of it.

Reactions: WhiteDespair
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

Oct 24, 2019
I hope it goes better than you expect. You never know, something surprisingly good might come of it.
Thank you. I'm trying to keep the irritation under control and deal with it calmly.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
"Hi suicidal, I'm dad."

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

Oct 24, 2019
So how did it go @WhiteDespair?
It went really well.

I was irritated that I fell into a trap when he said that I should call him because it was "very important." I thought it was something like my stepmom was in the hospital. It was that he was in the area.

I stood up for myself when it came to the time and whether we should take one car to the diner. That assertiveness was new.

We went to a diner. I got there early to get a table. Good food.

As far as the interaction went it went really well. I think he mentioned CtB by asking if I was going to be around. It was subtle and I pretty much instantly said I was going to be around. We chatted about random stuff. We didn't really talk about my life which was great.

The best outcome of the meeting was being able to speak to him about communication. He communicates through phone calls. I communicate through texts. I brought it up that we communicate on different wavelengths so I think we came to an understanding which should help in the future. It's something I never would have attempted before. He even sent me a text before his flight which is

So overall, the dinner went really well.

Thank you for asking and reminding me.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem
RockBot

RockBot

A Mole Sitting in a Hole
Jun 6, 2020
This is all really good news. Glad to hear it!! It seems you might be steering a new and positive course for you and your Dad's relationship.

BigNarkoleptic

BigNarkoleptic

If this isn't the end, what's meant of learning.
Mar 8, 2021
There's no bad blood between us.

I just find it annoying to talk about my life. He wants to know about my life. Doesn't work well over the phone. Don't think it will work well in person.

Not looking forward to it. I'll have to do it anyway.
Bored Cat GIF
good luck today child

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

Oct 24, 2019
This is all really good news. Glad to hear it!! It seems you might be steering a new and positive course for you and your Dad's relationship.
Thank you. Yeah, if we can understand each other better the future for our relationship looks good.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem