• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I don't recommend browsing social media this way.
Many people (especially young people) think that life on Instagram is real. In many cases it is fiction.
Sheer artificiality and nothing more.
Real life is rarely like this.
I really recommend limiting social media. Or simply change the content you are viewing.
You will see that you will be much healthier. Don't constantly compare yourself with others, because you will always feel unsatisfied.

ResidentEvil

ResidentEvil

Student
Mar 2, 2024
I have been doom scrolling on tiktok and instagram for hours now.

All those perfect, skinny, good looking girls having the time of their lives.

How could I ever compare to them?
So depressing tbh
As Agon321 is saying is very correct.
You can't see through them. I promise you, there are no such thing as perfect! Every girl.. AND men have problems.
Most of the time it's all fake! So please do not put yourself up against something that is fake..

They are not saying if they are battling anorexia, or bulimia. The so called "perfect" girls are not saying if they are suffering from very low self esteem. Things are not as they seem on social media most of the time.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Miserable to see gals spending their fleeting time enviously glued to pics of their "betters". Symbolic violence within the female hierarchy

At least in the redpill manosphere, we're taught not to eyeball attractive gals differently

Many people (especially young people) think that life on Instagram is real. In many cases it is fiction.
Sheer artificiality and nothing more.
Real life is rarely like this.
Yes, it's a hilarious lie! There's miserable sasu people with fancy instagrams, where they look like psychopaths having the time of their lives. Costs nothing to smile for FIVE SECONDS

It's like Umberto Eco's hyperreality. Using tech to fabricate & amplify experiences to be more real than reality itself. More intense & cohesive than messy reality

As an anthropologist pointed out, current technology's designed to simulate reality — not improve it:
The question struck me as I watched one of the recent Star Wars movies. The movie was terrible, but I couldn't help but feel impressed by the quality of the special effects. Recalling the clumsy special effects typical of fifties sci-fi films, I kept thinking how impressed a fifties audience would have been if they'd known what we could do by now—only to realize, "Actually, no. They wouldn't be impressed at all, would they? They thought we'd be doing this kind of thing by now. Not just figuring out more sophisticated ways to simulate it."

There's a movie about this — They Live. Where you put on special sunglasses to see what underlies the images:
Composite image of the view of a billboard with and without the hoffman lenses from they live

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Miserable to see gals spending their fleeting time enviously glued to pics of their "betters". Symbolic violence within the female hierarchy

At least in the redpill manosphere, we're taught not to eyeball attractive gals differently

Yes, it's a hilarious lie! There's miserable sasu people with fancy instagrams, where they look like psychopaths having the time of their lives. Costs nothing to smile for FIVE SECONDS

It's like Umberto Eco's hyperreality. Using tech to fabricate & amplify experiences to be more real than reality itself. More intense & cohesive than messy reality

As an anthropologist pointed out, current technology's designed to simulate reality — not improve it:

There's a movie about this — They Live. Where you put on special sunglasses to see what underlies the images:
View attachment 134615
"Yes, it's a hilarious lie! There's miserable sasu people with fancy instagrams, where they look like psychopaths having the time of their lives. Costs nothing to smile for FIVE SECONDS"

Lol how do you know that they're on SS?

Last edited:
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
I remember back in around grade 7 or 8, when we were talking about social media and one of the teachers talked about their friend's vacation. They took a bunch of amazing and fun looking photos from their trip and they were jealous, until their friend got back and told them that their trip was terrible and that they were sick the entire time.

Point is, social media is mainly used by people to create this image of themselves that isn't real. Those skinny girls you see on TikTok are specifically showing their bodies at certain flattering angles. They sometimes use filters make their bodies and faces look that way. They make sure to post those videos prior to eating so that they're bodies look as skinny as possible. They only show you the fun and amazing parts of their lives. They rarely display the sad, gross, embarrassing, or shameful parts.

You cannot compare yourself to them. No one can. They aren't real. They aren't selling you on their true selves and true lives, they are selling you a false image of them. They are a product and they make part of their living off of showing you lies and then selling you sponsered products. Even they cannot compare to the persona they put on display for you.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
"Yes, it's a hilarious lie! There's miserable sasu people with fancy instagrams, where they look like psychopaths having the time of their lives. Costs nothing to smile for FIVE SECONDS"

Lol how do you know that they're on SS?
Well, I've seen some SaSu people's social media. Poignant, the suffering under the smile

Sometimes those pics show their mostly-useless fucking friends, who utterly refuse to solve problems on the suffering person's terms

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Well, I've seen some SaSu people's social media. Poignant, the suffering under the smile

Sometimes those pics show their mostly-useless fucking friends, who utterly refuse to solve problems on the suffering person's terms
How do you know that it's them though? I guess the people that seem the happiest are secretly depressed

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023

View attachment 134615
Yes I agree.

I associate this movie with glasses showing the "hidden" truth. I haven't seen the whole movie, but I have seen a snippet.

I literally want to vomit when I see this marketing machine that surrounds us. We are bombarded from all sides with advertisements.

By the way, this film reminded me of another video:

letsgetittogo

letsgetittogo

Barbiturate Summer :p
Nov 11, 2023

Showing a face of normality makes me feel more in control of myself and my situation. It lets me plan my Ctb the way I want to without people worrying or pressing me about anything.
It's also that …. Suicidal people aren't abnormal. A lot of them engage in very normal behaviors, which include media consumption or memes or posting on social media and trying to achieve a certain aesthetic. I'd argue that a lot of people's suicidal tendencies are heightened by the fact that they DO enjoy these "seemingly" normal activities but can't seem to fully adhere or fit into them.
On a different note, friends are a huge source of support: my current friends are great people, and are very supportive, I genuinely have 0 complaints about them. They know a lot about my struggles with mental health and try to support and help me.
That said, it's not their responsibility to make that better. It's not their responsibility to "fix" my mental state. No one is responsible for fixing your life, or your situation, or your mental health except you. In this case I'm not referring to abusive parents or partners or abusive friends; I'm talking about the genuinely good people in your life.
I support the autonomous decision to pursue the process of recovery or to choose to ctb, and I think family and friends can hugely impact what someone chooses to do. But to place responsibility on "useless" friends who "won't help you" because you're mentally ill is unironically laughable and shows 0 accountability
How do you know that it's them though? I guess the people that seem the happiest are secretly depressed
I agree with this sentiment. I have "normal" social medias for a multitude of reasons.
I don't need to doom post to show that I'm not two faced or "faking it". It's almost like people are complex and layered, and what I choose to portray on SaSu will inevitably different than what I'd show to the world.

Lots of my friends who have ctb'ed had aesthetic and "happy" looking social medias and I 100% understand why

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
That said, it's not their responsibility to make that better. It's not their responsibility to "fix" my mental state. No one is responsible for fixing your life, or your situation, or your mental health except you.
They literally asked me to intervene in their lives, to "fix" various problems. That's how I saw their social media. @sserafim

You may not take responsibility for your fellow human. But don't keep others from doing so

But to place responsibility on "useless" friends who "won't help you" because you're mentally ill is unironically laughable and shows 0 accountability
Laugh all you want, chuckles. But I've recruited their useless-ass friends to finally act useful. In effectively fighting off some abuser

Speaking of 'accountability', my useful-as-hell friends collaborate in such interventions. Challenging me when they think I'm erring — so I don't harm those I amplify. I have layers of accountability

Anyway, please don't let me keep you from your Very Important social media posturing, "showing a face of normality" to trick your "friends"

Last edited:
letsgetittogo

letsgetittogo

Nov 11, 2023
They literally asked me to intervene in their lives, to "fix" various problems. That's how I saw their social media. @sserafim

You may not take responsibility for your fellow human. But don't keep others from doing so

Laugh all you want, chuckles. But I've recruited their useless-ass friends to finally act useful. In effectively fighting off some abuser

Speaking of 'accountability', my useful-as-hell friends collaborate in such interventions. Challenging me when they think I'm erring — so I don't harm those I amplify. I have layers of accountability

Anyway, please don't let me keep you from your Very Important social media posturing, "showing a face of normality" to trick your "friends"
I'm not at all saying friends shouldn't be supportive. I quite literally stated earlier that support systems LIKE friendships are incredibly important.
I've had friends point out my mental health, or drinking habits, and they've been integral in keeping me safe when I was being self destructive.
As someone whose parents and family are dead, I'd be the biggest advocate for keeping friends close.

yeah I'm "Posturing" on social media so that I can keep my career. It doesn't look good for my employers and my university for me to doom post about how I want to kill myself. I also have absolutely no desire to worry or concern the people that interact with or follow me. It is not a crazy concept. I'd say a LOT of us are on SaSu because it's the only place we can really take off that mask that we show to the rest of the world.

I'd call your opinions cynical but they're straight up just condescending

Reactions: Guy_Smiley
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
I'd call your opinions cynical but they're straight up just condescending
Yeah, blah blah blah, get your name-calling in. Since you clearly have some problems, I won't return it

Very briefly, my words you quoted mentioned: "I've seen some SaSu people's social media." #NotAllSaSu #NotAllFriends

Helpfully, you added one more anecdote of evidence: you mislead your social media audience. For various reasons

The rest of my comment isn't directed to you. Enjoy your unusual wealth of friends

@sserafim is just too perceptive, picking at tiny omissions. :P tbh I was hesitating to publicly mention my goofy little interventions. Because I'm in a sick culture of cowards & pussies where the motto is:

"No one is responsible for fixing your life"

Utterly hapless 'till it's time to suck some boss's dick for imaginary money points. Then they have big CVs bursting with case studies of their dick-sucking prowess. US cafes are full of people on abacus-like laptops, building reports of the latest dick-suckery, planning innovative next rounds of high-tech LickSuck™

Responsibly wrapping their snug mouths around the calloused dicks of boss, statesman & capitalist

Just thought of a little typology of friends I sometimes encountered:
  • potentially useful: communicated with those friends. Only works when we come ready with a sharp, well-specified plan where they have a convenient role fitted to their strengths, where they don't stand out. Otherwise they ghost
  • worse than useless: I read their messages where they (for instance) threatened to cut contact if the abused victim didn't do as they wished
  • useless: didn't hear about them because they had zero impact

Reminds me of the fanfic "Harry Potter & the Methods of Rationality":
The dim-lit head inclined. "But there is another possible explanation, Mr. Potter. It is that people play the role of friendship. They do just as much as that role requires of them, and no more. The thought occurs to me that perhaps the difference between you and them is not that you care more than they do. Why would you have been born with such unusually strong emotions of friendship, that you alone among wizardkind are driven to resurrect Hermione Granger after her death? No, the most likely difference is not that you care more. It is that, being a more logical creature than they, you alone have thought that playing the role of Friend would require this of you."

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I have been doom scrolling on tiktok and instagram for hours now.

All those perfect, skinny, good looking girls having the time of their lives.

How could I ever compare to them?
So depressing tbh
Yeah social media is cancer for mental health. I'm sorry it's doing this to you.

When your mind is getting bashed with negative information, it's good to step back and look at what is closer to objective truth than subjective truth.

Let's look at your concerns:
1.) The women appear to be skinny and attractive; and
2.) the women are having fun.

Now, these days even morons can easily touch up/Photoshop their pictures (some apps even do it automatically and they don't realize they're less pretty irl!) but let's assume all these pictures you're seeing are accurate.

I'm going to assume based on this post that you're a woman who is not asexual/aromantic. The main benefit of being skinny + attractive is to get sexual interest/attention, right? I mean, when it comes down to it, that's what your gut is telling you when you see pretty women and get a pit in your stomach.

With that in mind, let's look at this in reverse, and start with these women "having fun." Other members above have gone into great detail about how pictures of someone drinking on a boat does not mean they're happy, and that is absolutely true. I want to add that women in particular are more miserable now than in recent history. Some quick googling regarding women's depression, happiness, satisfaction, etc over time are all pretty sad topics. Clearly, people don't know what they want, and women have arguably been hit harder.

Now, I'm a romantic, and there's some personal opinion here, but also data to back it up: people are most happy when they pair bond with one special person as their life partner. It has nothing to do with wild adventures you post on Instagram.

Still, while that covers the "fun" concern, it doesn't really cover the attractiveness concern, right? Because with all of these pretty girls, what partner would pick you first? Some commented above that personality is more important than attractiveness and while that is certainly true in the long run, I'm sure it doesn't alleviate your concerns, because we've all seen sexy people with shitty personalities get favoritism in one way or another.

Remember, then, that you only need one good partner with whom you can make your own life where you don't have to worry about the misery-filled void that is social media. That doesn't mean go bone somebody and get hitched right now, but keep that goal in mind. Now, let me give you some truths about the dating game from a man's perspective (apologies if you're not interested in guys, but it should still be relevant):

1.) I have yet to meet a woman who - if she took care of herself physically - could not become attractive enough to get guys' attention.
2.) while this does mean not being very overweight, you absolutely do not have to be supermodel skinny. It's a lie.
3.) women do not have to be as high of a "rank" (1 to 10 attractiveness) as men to be successful at finding a partner. My theory is that the female figure is naturally more appealing, but regardless it's statistically true.
4.) while personality is important for long-term success in a relationship, initially the most important thing in the world is attitude. Everyone (but especially men) is/are discouraged from dating right now. People aren't having as much sex in the modern paradigm. Confidence is low. What that means is that a woman who will boldly approach and make her intentions known immediately jumps several points in attractiveness. (And no, posting tasteless, whoreish pictures on social media doesn't count. If anything that makes it more frustrating when she's a piece of wood irl )

Take all of this and combine it with this conclusion: in life, you need to be attractive enough to get someone's attention initially, then maintain attractiveness enough that they smile when they see you and are able to get off when craving. That's it. That's how much physical attractiveness matters, and someone can fall deeply in love with you if you are that attractive. Based on my points above, you can do that. I'm sure without even seeing a picture of you.

minervasworld

minervasworld

Mar 28, 2024
real... feels like if i was as pretty as them, life would be so much easier

Reactions: AnonymousL
letsgetittogo

letsgetittogo

Nov 11, 2023
Yeah, blah blah blah, get your name-calling in. Since you clearly have some problems, I won't return it

Very briefly, my words you quoted mentioned: "I've seen some SaSu people's social media." #NotAllSaSu #NotAllFriends

Helpfully, you added one more anecdote of evidence: you mislead your social media audience. For various reasons

The rest of my comment isn't directed to you. Enjoy your unusual wealth of friends

@sserafim is just too perceptive, picking at tiny omissions. :P tbh I was hesitating to publicly mention my goofy little interventions. Because I'm in a sick culture of cowards & pussies where the motto is:

Utterly hapless 'till it's time to suck some boss's dick for imaginary money points. Then they have big CVs bursting with case studies of their dick-sucking prowess. US cafes are full of people on abacus-like laptops, building reports of the latest dick-suckery, planning innovative next rounds of high-tech LickSuck™

Responsibly wrapping their snug mouths around the calloused dicks of boss, statesman & capitalist

• potentially useful: communicated with those friends. Only works when we come ready with a sharp, well-specified plan where they have a convenient role fitted to their strengths, where they don't stand out. Otherwise they ghost
  • worse than useless: I read their messages where they (for instance) threatened to cut contact if the abused victim didn't do as they wished

I'm too hungover to read all of this I'm commenting so I can come back to it later

Reactions: LXXCH
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

Lol you read fanfiction? 🤣

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
Hi. A friend of mine pointed out I went quite overboard in this thread. I apologize to the OP for derailing it

By way of excuse, I had to help someone deal with enormous trauma & difficult decisions, and my mind buckled with its weight. Few cognitive resources were available for other things, except the less polished ones

If @letsgetittogo's mental health was damaged as a result of my replies, they of course have my apologies too. Otherwise, I believe they made responses that predictably could antagonize the target & escalate matters, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm still recovering from this weekend, so haven't read any replies. Life goes on. (Except when we end it)

Last edited:
letsgetittogo

letsgetittogo

Nov 11, 2023
Hi. A friend of mine pointed out I went quite overboard in this thread. I apologize to the OP for derailing it

By way of excuse, I had to help someone deal with enormous trauma & difficult decisions, and my mind buckled with its weight. Few cognitive resources were available for other things, except the less polished ones

If @letsgetittogo's mental health was damaged as a result of my replies, they of course have my apologies too. Otherwise, I believe they made responses that predictably could antagonize the target & escalate matters, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm still recovering from this weekend, so haven't read any replies. Life goes on. (Except when we end it)
I don't get offended easily or take anything on the internet seriously.
If anything I'm always open to having my beliefs and thoughts questioned because they help me grow and critically think.

In other words, no harm no foul. Mental health is bad here, but not any worse because of this thread

• Love
Reactions: SexyIncél
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Think about how you spend your time. What you do. What you eat. What you wear. Where you work. Where you live.

Now extrapolate this to 90% of people (without discrimination) to a discrete moment in time. This is what the world looks like. Diversity comes from small changes to all these factors and more. So it's only natural that a single moment where somebody TEMPORARILY changes one of those factors looks DRAMATICALLY different from your life.

And this is only the TIP of the iceberg when it comes to understanding social media. I don't know what kind of schooling you have or had but a mere cursory glance at some social science or better yet mathematics will help you apply the law of very big numbers to reality. Admittedly you're still human so it'll be impossible to alleviate your sorrow by just learning but it'll help.