wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
not intending this to come across in a critical way, I know it's hard to convey tone over text. But I am a vegan and I find it hard to understand why others aren't. I know not everyone can eat 100% plant based but for those who can, and can avoid animal products, I'm curious as to why they don't

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm simply not a fan of wiping out 99% of my favorite foods from my diet. Meat and dairy also just tastes better.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Easy! I just don't want to be one. I don't want to eliminate a large portion of the foods I enjoy. Along with that, certain vegan alternatives usually call for things that I'm allergic to, like nuts. While I wouldn't mind cutting down a bit on my meat consumption, I don't want to stop eating meat and animal products.

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I get that it's hard to give up a lot of different foods you enjoy, and that eating plant based can be more challenging if you have a nut allergy - but does the suffering/ slaughter of the animals not bother you? or is it something that bothers you but giving up those foods feels too overwhelming?