• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
What is life like as a veggie? Do you die soon after?

Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I'm guessing less than 5%. Most partial attempts fail too quickly for brain damage to be a risk at all. Veggie life would depend on what part of the brain is damaged, or just how much damage. This article explains fairly well- https://www.healthline.com/health/brain-damage#diagnosis . How long you would live would also depend on damage and how much money your family and friends throw at doctors.

Reactions: cii and TattiQueen
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
What is life like as a veggie? Do you die soon after?

Cant say what it's like as someone living it, but no , you don't die soon after. An ex of mine attempted death by hanging (I'm quite sure it was full suspension) and would have succeeded had he not been found. He was found within the period of time that he was able to be saved, but will never speak , walk , be independent again, etc. It had been too long without Oxygen getting to the brain. He was unconscious for a bit, but honestly as stupid as it sounds, we thought he would recover, if not fully then mostly. We didn't realize how difficult it would be from that moment on, and I'm not sure that a lot of people do. Even though he is still with us, sometimes I feel it's more painful to see him that way. But then sometimes you think you see a slight reaction that fits perfectly with what we recognize as understanding and responding and then it sparks a little something inside you. We can't really say he is suffering, or that he even understands fully that he didn't succeed, and that's one of the roughest parts of it. Just know that no matter what method, this is never something that you can guarantee will not happen to you. He is damn near unrecognizable, sadly a shell of the man who served his country proudly, the father of two beautiful and smart children, and the wonderful human being he once was, no matter his faults or mistakes. I hold onto the fact that these pieces are still alive and well inside him, and that he has such a selfless family that is so overwhelmingly happy to still have him in their lives that they've sacrificed so much to give him the best quality of life possible.

C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
Cant say what it's like as someone living it, but no , you don't die soon after. An ex of mine attempted death by hanging (I'm quite sure it was full suspension) and would have succeeded had he not been found. He was found within the period of time that he was able to be saved, but will never speak , walk , be independent again, etc. It had been too long without Oxygen getting to the brain. He was unconscious for a bit, but honestly as stupid as it sounds, we thought he would recover, if not fully then mostly. We didn't realize how difficult it would be from that moment on, and I'm not sure that a lot of people do. Even though he is still with us, sometimes I feel it's more painful to see him that way. But then sometimes you think you see a slight reaction that fits perfectly with what we recognize as understanding and responding and then it sparks a little something inside you. We can't really say he is suffering, or that he even understands fully that he didn't succeed, and that's one of the roughest parts of it. Just know that no matter what method, this is never something that you can guarantee will not happen to you. He is damn near unrecognizable, sadly a shell of the man who served his country proudly, the father of two beautiful and smart children, and the wonderful human being he once was, no matter his faults or mistakes. I hold onto the fact that these pieces are still alive and well inside him, and that he has such a selfless family that is so overwhelmingly happy to still have him in their lives that they've sacrificed so much to give him the best quality of life possible.
That's awful :(

Reactions: Kramer
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I would assume a very large percent, unless you were found almost immediately afterwards.
Although there are some mitigating factors.
I think I've read an article or two about people trying to hang themselves in sub-zero weather and not suffering brain damage because the cold sufficiently slowed any degrading processes that took place.

• Wow
Reactions: TattiQueen
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020

Thank you , it really completely is. It's just so tough to see someone like that knowing that isn't them. I dunno. I just know that I have an active living will in order to avoid anything of this nature happening. I wonder if the DNR applies in the case of a suicide as well ?
I would assume a very large percent, unless you were found almost immediately afterwards.
I think I've read an article or two about people trying to hang themselves in sub-zero weather and not suffering brain damage because the cold sufficiently slowed any degrading processes that took place.
This is extremely fascinating! I must look into this further.

Last edited:
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
We have to succeed, reindeer friend.
Countless people with brain damage wtf