F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018
What in your life has changed during the intervening period?

These might include:
  • Circumstances
  • Family/others in your life
  • Health
  • Being better informed about methods
  • Access to a better method
  • Resources
  • Being older
  • Or anything else
Since my own attempt about four years ago, mine include: being better informed about methods and having the resources to acquire them; getting older; and life situation not improving.

U

useless

left
Aug 30, 2018
  • Circumstances

Reactions: Fixin’ToDie
B

Brike

Aug 21, 2018
I tried to ctb when I lived with my father. He wanted me to stay at home until university is over.
I stayed at the hospital for a while after being found and didn't return to my father's house. I live with my sister now and search for a studio to live there asap.
I told my friends about it, I'm not the first one to try. One of them is glad to be saved and I'm happy for her. That's a reason why I agree with suicide being hard to achieve.
I didn't have any discussion about it with them before.

So yeah it changed many things with my relations.
Then I found this site and I've got more information about what to do and how to get access to it. Now I feel confident I'll succeed next time.

Also I tried to ctb with drugs I stole from the hospital I worked at for my externship. I won't be able to access these for a while but everyone just worry about me, I didn't have to pay for what I took or anything

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Main things are having better knowledge about methods, resources, being older, having a job, etc. I am able to afford a gun now that I have a job and am now over 18. Previously I was a minor and unable to get a gun. I also have a good idea of what gun to use, ammo, and where to aim. Life hasn't approved. I used to be ambivalent and my attempt was a mixture of a cry for help and a genuine suicide attempt. At this point I don't want help and I just want to die. I'm no longer ambivalent.

Reactions: betteroffdead, lv-gras and Fixin’ToDie
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
I've had two genuine suicide attempts. Jan and May this year. Both times I had done extensive research and I truly thought it would work however I was reading the wrong information. I could have died both times - life support, breathing ventilation, coma etc but was found after being unconscious for a few days.

Nothing has changed in my life but I now am smarter. (Not smart but better informed)

I have-

- Better knowledge
- Access to reliable methods
- Access to lethal resources
- Permission from mental health to die and an agreement that no one will stop me
- A foolproof plan including timing and speed, awareness of how to succeed, time and willpower
- I have learnt from my mistakes

Last edited:
Reactions: betteroffdead, lv-gras, anna and 2 others
F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018
- Permission from mental health to die and an agreement that no one will stop me
Wow, first time I've heard of that! They must be convinced you have a pretty good reason.

Reactions: lv-gras and anna
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I've had two genuine suicide attempts. Jan and May this year. Both times I had done extensive research and I truly thought it would work however I was reading the wrong information. I could have died both times - life support, breathing ventilation, coma etc but was found after being unconscious for a few days.

Nothing has changed in my life but I now am smarter. (Not smart but better informed)

I have-

- Better knowledge
- A foolproof plan including timing and speed, awareness of how to succeed, time and willpower
Same...

Paulsmith

Paulsmith

Student
Aug 8, 2018
I plan to jump beachy head and learnt a few things from my previous attempt
  1. don't really try alone
  2. Know where the do Gooders called chaplains are.
  3. The best bit to jump from

Reactions: Fixin’ToDie and useless
G

Gregor samsa

Sep 6, 2018
I have attempted before and plan to do so again.

Reactions: lv-gras and Fixin’ToDie
T

Thisisitnomorepain

Sep 6, 2018

I have-

- Better knowledge
What do I do for that to happen so I'm completely gone??

T

Thisisitnomorepain

Sep 6, 2018
For what to happen?
You said you are more knowledgeable now after your last two attempts

How did you do it the first time?

I was just going to take a sleeping tablet, leave my mums car running In the garage whilst they are asleep and do it that way
It shouldn't have an impact on my parents sleeping upstairs
It's newer car though

Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
Okay so I'm more knowledgeable now that I have the peaceful pill handbook and have looked into ethunasia menthods that are proven to work.
Before I was just looking at sucide and at articles about people who have died using opioids and benzos with alcohol/ reading coroner reports to see what they took etc - but I now know that overdosed no matter how well planned only have a 12% success rate.
Now I have factual information on methods that don't fail and are very fast leaving no issues about being found and saved.

T

Thisisitnomorepain

Sep 6, 2018
Okay so I'm more knowledgeable now that I have the peaceful pill handbook and have looked into ethunasia menthods that are proven to work.
Before I was just looking at sucide and at articles about people who have died using opioids and benzos with alcohol/ reading coroner reports to see what they took etc - but I now know that overdosed no matter how well planned only have a 12% success rate.
Now I have factual information on methods that don't fail and are very fast leaving no issues about being found and saved.
Everyone is saying N to get but you have to get it from O/S and is Expensive

throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
What in your life has changed during the intervening period?

These might include:
  • Circumstances
  • Health
  • Resources
  • Being older
  • Or anything else
Since my own attempt about four years ago, mine include: being better informed about methods and having the resources to acquire them; getting older; and life situation not improving.

Lol, is this a therapy session?

P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
It's the same for me. I've gotten older, learned a lot more about methods, and life has actually gotten worse.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
well I learned now that I cant confide in my family about this like I thought I could. Unfortunately my mind is getting worse so idk how this will turn out given i missed my chance to ctb last week and now my gun is gone. I'll have to try my best and plan again. If I get desperate and low enough I'll use the train to ctb but for now I'll plan to buy another gun. It's getting worse than I expected though. Health is deteriorating and depression/mental illness is getting worse. I just don't know how much time i have.

Reactions: Lizzie S., Fixin’ToDie and lv-gras