• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Jul 27, 2024
How do you get discharged? Is there paperwork or do they make you sign anything? Or they just give you back your stuff and push you out the front door?

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

δΊΊδΉ‹εˆοΌŒζ€§ζœ¬ζΆ
May 9, 2024
How do you get discharged? Is there paperwork or do they make you sign anything? Or they just give you back your stuff and push you out the front door?
In my past experiences they just gave me back my stuff and threw me out, but I was under 18 at the time. This is my first psych ward admission as an adult. Idk how it'll be this time.

• Hugs
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

δΊΊδΉ‹εˆοΌŒζ€§ζœ¬ζΆ
May 9, 2024
In the morning I'll be able to go home. I'm still going to work for a few more shifts before I move. I likely won't continue to update this thread but I'll still be active on SS.

Thanks for the support, to everyone who commented in my thread.

@GuessWhosBack my dog is going to bite your balls

• Love
Reactions: qualityOV3Rquantity and GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
@GuessWhosBack my dog is going to bite your balls
Your wee wee ahh doggy stands no chance against me. And she sides with me. I can bench press your dawg anyway πŸ’€

Besides, I'll just bite my own balls.

J

jexiste

Aug 22, 2024
It fucking sucks to see someone who went through similar traumatic experiences and had a similar upbringing decide to CTB. I was really hoping that they would change their mind about CTB. So many people who have severe PTSD from being repeatedly sexually abused at a young age kill themselves or get addicted to drugs and go off the deep end completely. I know it's possible to survive and live a relatively normal life, but to this day I haven't met a single person in real life or on the internet who could do it. So I know it's possible in theory. But I wish there was actual proof.

I have a bad case of survivors guilt right now. I don't know why I'm still here and I don't know how I've been able to be relatively functional up until I got admitted to the psych ward. One day maybe I'm also just going to lose my will to fight and disappear as well. I don't think I can be the one who actually proves that it's possible to not only survive but live a relatively normal life with severe PTSD.
Hey, I've been lurking here the last few days and stumbled upon your thread. I made an account just to respond to you.

I am such a person. I experienced SA repeatedly when I was very young in addition to poverty and mentally unwell + extremely demanding parents. I tried to ctb in high school and was generally a destructive disaster child. Later in life that turned into high functioning drug addiction (uppers).

I was also gifted in art and mathematics and now have a PhD. I completely threw myself into both these things. Science to make sense of the world and art to express and externalize the extreme pain I was in. Instead of that pain being an internal world no one could see, I could fill a room with it. I could also make spaces that allowed me to heal, and invite people to come inside them.

I still struggle with a profound self hatred but I don't want to leave the world anymore.

I was glued to this thread... super worried about you. I feel like we share a lot of overlap in terms of the past and couldn't stand the thought of seeing this happen to someone with a similar background. You seem like someone who is super talented and you should be very proud of yourself for those talents and for making it so far despite all that you have experienced. Just having your own place, going to college, having stable jobs, and having hobbies like climbing is HUGE for a person who has been through so much. Also having a friend who would go so far to protect you is something to value.

I'm currently at work but I'll check this thread later in the day. Just wanted to make sure you know that it's possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: notahappygirl and GuessWhosBack
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

δΊΊδΉ‹εˆοΌŒζ€§ζœ¬ζΆ
May 9, 2024
Hey, I've been lurking here the last few days and stumbled upon your thread. I made an account just to respond to you.

I am such a person. I experienced SA repeatedly when I was very young in addition to poverty and mentally unwell + extremely demanding parents. I tried to ctb in high school and was generally a destructive disaster child. Later in life that turned into high functioning drug addiction (uppers).

I was also gifted in art and mathematics and now have a PhD. I completely threw myself into both these things. Science to make sense of the world and art to express and externalize the extreme pain I was in. Instead of that pain being an internal world no one could see, I could fill a room with it. I could also make spaces that allowed me to heal, and invite people to come inside them.

I still struggle with a profound self hatred but I don't want to leave the world anymore.

I was glued to this thread... super worried about you. I feel like we share a lot of overlap in terms of the past and couldn't stand the thought of seeing this happen to someone with a similar background. You seem like someone who is super talented and you should be very proud of yourself for those talents and for making it so far despite all that you have experienced. Just having your own place, going to college, having stable jobs, and having hobbies like climbing is HUGE for a person who has been through so much. Also having a friend who would go so far to protect you is something to value.

I'm currently at work but I'll check this thread later in the day. Just wanted to make sure you know that it's possible.
Damn, we really are similar.

My parents are mentally unwell but I grew up well-off, so my material needs were beyond fulfilled. I would rather cry in the back of a luxury car than in the back of a shitbox. I feel like maybe I had it easier than you in that respect.

My drug of choice is also downers instead of uppers now. I used to do coke but I can't do uppers anymore. They make my anxiety so bad. Regardless, I've never let my drug use get out of hand because I know there is no one that'll be there for me if I go off the deep end. I have an EMT license and have used the information I've learned, to experiment with dosing as well as combinations of drugs/alcohol.

I dropped out from school and went to work full time quite a while ago. I'm going back to school in less than 2 weeks but don't think I plan to go beyond a bachelor's degree. However, I'm not going to write off that possibility either. I logically know that I'm not stupid (but not insanely smart either), but my brain tells me that I'm dumb as shit and don't belong in a career that is full of super smart people.

I wouldn't say that I got to where I am in life by being "talented." I have a blue collar job that pays decently. On top of that, I bartend at a high end club, I get modelling gigs every now and then, and I also had some involvement with some bad people (which I'm happy to permanently move away from). I'm not "talented," just a workaholic who is also passively suicidal.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: maniac116, yellowjester, null_blank and 1 other person
J

jexiste

Aug 22, 2024
The comparisons between the two don't matter, you absolutely had a very difficult upbringing. And I feel you on being very regimented in terms of drug use, things never got truly out of hand with me due to a similar mindset.

The main thing I'm trying to express is that there is definitely more than just one conclusion for a life coming out of the circumstances we both came from. You are not doomed to this.

Also, I'm not saying you being good at math gave you an ability to scrape by at your current gigs. What I am saying is that your ability to sustain regular work and economic stability stands out for people from our background. The most valuable experience I ever had was as a waiter in the south. Additionally, it's clear you're talented in more academic pursuits and I reallllllly wouldn't discount your ability to pursue that kind of stuff.

• Hugs
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

δΊΊδΉ‹εˆοΌŒζ€§ζœ¬ζΆ
May 9, 2024
The comparisons between the two don't matter, you absolutely had a very difficult upbringing. And I feel you on being very regimented in terms of drug use, things never got truly out of hand with me due to a similar mindset.

The main thing I'm trying to express is that there is definitely more than just one conclusion for a life coming out of the circumstances we both came from. You are not doomed to this.

Also, I'm not saying you being good at math gave you an ability to scrape by at your current gigs. What I am saying is that your ability to sustain regular work and economic stability stands out for people from our background. The most valuable experience I ever had was as a waiter in the south. Additionally, it's clear you're talented in more academic pursuits and I reallllllly wouldn't discount your ability to pursue that kind of stuff.
I'm not actively suicidal at the moment because I know the logistics of another attempt in the near future simply won't work out, but I'm still passively suicidal tbh.

I've tried therapy as well as more intensive treatment, for years. I took antidepressants, ativan, and olanzapine for varying periods of time but they did nothing for me other than turn me into a bartard. Despite genuinely concerted efforts to recover, nothing changed. My physical health is ok at the moment but the mental aspect of my ED also never changed.

I just feel really stuck and unable to make any meaningful changes. I genuinely feel like my mental health is permanently fucked, and at this point I don't really know what I can even do about it.

Genuine question though: what makes you say that I would actually be able to do academic stuff? Honestly I don't really like school and I barely even went to class unless attendance/participation counted for marks. I got decent grades up until I dropped out (average was in the low 80s range) but there are plenty of people who do much better than me.

• Hugs
yellowjester

yellowjester

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Genuine question though: what makes you say that I would actually be able to do academic stuff?
You seem pretty lucid to me. I'd say you have a good shot in academia aswell, if my opinion is worth anything.