• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
What the title says, which country would you eliminate if you could?

Reactions: Circles
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Disappointed to open this thread and not find a recipe for stew tbh.
Talk about strong topics without being offensive, only those who reach level 99999 are able to do it

alex grey tool GIF

Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
If we talk about countries, we are not referring to their people, in which case the question would include eliminating some government
What exactly we are talking about then? Forgive me for my confusion, but how do you eliminate a country without annihilating the people (and everything else) who reside in it?

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
What exactly we are talking about then? Forgive me for my confusion, but how do you eliminate a country without annihilating the people (and everything else) who reside in it?
The political system changes very often, we could say that a certain country for historical or other reasons, should never have existed for the good of its population

Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
The political system changes very often, we could say that a certain country for historical or other reasons, should never have existed for the good of its population
I understand what you're saying, but I believe still goes back to my first reply. If we analyze the historical background of all the countries in the world we would certainly find, at one point or another, periods in which their political system or decisions negatively affected their population. Germany, for example, should have been eliminated to prevent Hitler's ascension and his subsequent atrocities?

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
France. And the question it isn't "why france?. The question is "why not France"?
Uncle Judah supports this
I understand what you're saying, but I believe still goes back to my first reply. If we analyze the historical background of all the countries in the world we would certainly find, at one point or another, periods in which their political system or decisions negatively affected their population. Germany, for example, should have been eliminated to prevent Hitler's ascension and his subsequent atrocities?
Okay, but also keep in mind that certain countries, at the time they were founded, did not have solid foundations, or concrete directions, which caused them to only have more and more problems, or only caused pointless territorial conflicts. In fact, I have heard some people question the fact that the independence of some South American countries was a good idea, although when it comes to that topic I do not usually discuss it much because of how volatile it is

Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
Okay, but also keep in mind that certain countries, at the time they were founded, did not have solid foundations, or concrete directions, which caused them to only have more and more problems, or only caused pointless territorial conflicts. In fact, I have heard some people question the fact that the independence of some South American countries was a good idea, although when it comes to that topic I do not usually discuss it much because of how volatile it is
I can't honestly think of a country that didn't have a lot of problems and pointless conflicts during the course of its history. And I don't believe the ones who, you could argue, were built in a ''good foundation" acquired this for free; it usually requires a lot of time, blood, tears, and suffering of the population to get to this point. Regardless, if you wanted to avoid all the pain we endured the best solution would have been to deal with every nation in the same way:

Nuke those bastards nukeem all

narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Seems like a joke, the french people have such a cool soudnig language and the just seem to have a lot of class and style and they seem pretty cool to me.
First things first:

Yes, it's a joke :haha:

Second... As far as i know, france as a country is in the "this doesnt't looks good" . As many other countries.

About people (and paris itself), i've heard a lot of things, habitually bad. But generalising about this things it isn't bery wise. For sure the most of them are nice people. I Hope.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
First things first:

Yes, it's a joke :haha:

Second... As far as i know, france as a country is in the "this doesnt't looks good" . As many other countries.

About people (and paris itself), i've heard a lot of things, habitually bad. But generalising about this things it isn't bery wise. For sure the most of them are nice people. I Hope.

I haven't been there, some people say that some people are aloof there, who knows, but I 've seen somwething interesting french talk shows and I've met a few people from France and I've always hoad posaitive impressions.

Reactions: narval
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
India, because that's where I am, and I want to be eliminated. But first I'd wait for all the Indians to emigrate to Canada, because why should they be eliminated just because of me.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Colombia, because it's not worth saving at this point.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I haven't been there, some people say that some people are aloof there, who knows, but I 've seen somwething interesting french talk shows and I've met a few people from France and I've always hoad posaitive impressions.
Brittany is absolutely ace. But they're Celtic and don't always consider themselves French anyway.

I love this. Otherworldly.

Last edited:
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
And why hate on France?
Have you never heard of the Enlightenment?
One of the "founding fathers" Thomas Jefferson was influenced by the French and the Enlightenment.
France helped win the American Revolution.

WTF would you advocate genocide anyway? JFC.

Reactions: newave3
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Greenland because it never gets infected in Plague Inc and just only for that one reason alone. It's like the entire poplulation eats hand sanitizer for breakfast (I'm joking)
Oh man, vietnam flashbacks. I had a trick: infect first greenland, then evolve maritime propagation or whatever it's called. Then, await. In higher difficultues didn't work so well

• Yay!
Reactions: waitingforrest
unredeemable

unredeemable

To be, or not to be - that is the question.
Jun 7, 2022
Had the Roman Empire never existed a huge number of people might never have been subjugated and the technological level of the world might not have been set back hundreds of years when it collapsed.

But then again, how much was civilization advanced by the Roman Empire? The roads and aquaducts they built two thousand years are still in use.

Interesting question, though. Nation states are all human constructions, and since all humans are flawed, all nation states are to some degree as well. For now, they divide us and make us easier to control, easier for the rich countries to exploit the poor ones in the name of capitalism. I don't see anything changing, nor do I know of another solution that's guaranteed to produce better results.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Had the Roman Empire never existed a huge number of people might never have been subjugated and the technological level of the world might not have been set back hundreds of years when it collapsed.

But then again, how much was civilization advanced by the Roman Empire? The roads and aquaducts they built two thousand years are still in use.

Interesting question, though. Nation states are all human constructions, and since all humans are flawed, all nation states are to some degree as well. For now, they divide us and make us easier to control, easier for the rich countries to exploit the poor ones in the name of capitalism. I don't see anything changing, nor do I know of another solution that's guaranteed to produce better results.
Christianity took off because it was adopted by the Roman Empire. The world would be a different place if Christianity had remained an obscure cult. I don't know what sort of world it would have been though.

unredeemable

unredeemable

To be, or not to be - that is the question.
Jun 7, 2022
Christianity took off because it was adopted by the Roman Empire. The world would be a different place if Christianity had remained an obscure cult. I don't know what sort of world it would have been though.
By that point, religion had evolved way past explaining where thunder came from and other unknowns. It was a collection of shared values, and it was also a means to control.

The "Christianity" adopted by the Romans was a carefully crafted amalgamation of paganism, recycled Egyptian resurrection myths, and this new "be nice" theology, attributable to a man who may or may not have been a real person.

A little new, a little old. The end result was the same: a set of shared moral values that made it easier to hold each other accountable for our animalistic behaviors, and a foundation upon which those select few could base their control over the masses. Feeling a little pessimistic this morning 😂