Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Jan 7, 2021
I've had this bridge on my radar for some time, and I'm currently feeling very suicidal (stopped taking all of my medication) but the jump point is only 30m above sea level.

Therefore, how do so many people die from there?

Is it mostly drowning?

I know they've currently sopped pedestrians and cyclists from freely crossing, because of a spate of suicides, but that's just an obstacle for me to overcome (apparently you have to email in to cross.)

If anyone can let me know how so many people die from such a short drop, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Its impact with the water that kills you. A fall from 30m/100ft is quite lethal, though its never guaranteed to kill no matter how far you fall.

Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
Its impact with the water that kills you. A fall from 30m/100ft is quite lethal, though its never guaranteed to kill no matter how far you fall.
That's why I never jumped when on carpark roofs before.

Much higher than 30m, but the possibility of surviving (and being mangled) preventing me from going over the edge.

I don't agree that 30m is very lethal, though? If you were to enter the water fairly straight (as in standing up) then surely you'd simply slip in? Whether you drown is another matter, but I can't see how the impact from falling 30m into water would kill you.

Just my thought.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Exposure from being in cold water will also be a significant factor.

Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
Exposure from being in cold water will also be a significant factor.
I did think about that.

But if you was dragged out relatively soon, would hypothermia really be an issue?

N

NeverGoBack94

Apr 23, 2021
I am a huge coward. I can't even jump 3m to water let alone 30. That's why I've chosen a different method.

Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
I am a huge coward. I can't even jump 3m to water let alone 30. That's why I've chosen a different method.
What method have you chosen, if you don't mind me asking?

N

NeverGoBack94

Apr 23, 2021
What method have you chosen, if you don't mind me asking?
N. I intend to buy crypto when I sober up enough and then buy it. I know how I can obtain the address and to avoid scammers.

Reactions: Cockney_Rebel
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
N. I intend to buy crypto when I sober up enough and then buy it. I know how I can obtain the address and to avoid scammers.
Which country are you based in?