• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

robotomy

robotomy

struggler
Aug 6, 2020
So this is part stupid question (maybe even rhetorical), part venting
Also this isn't about methods that aren't part of "popular knowledge" (such as hanging or firearms).

I've heard mixed things from people about whether SN is gonna get banned (in countries that have fairly easy access right now). I'm going to avoid that debate for now, and assume that it's eventually going to get banned (no matter how small of a chance there is). So if it ever comes to that...what then? From my limited knowledge, Helium used to be a viable method several years ago, right? I guess it started to get sold in lower %'s because of it's CTB use. But back when Helium was good, did anyone know of SN?

What I'm getting at is the idea of a new method (or a relatively unknown one) that could spring up in popularity after SN declines. I'm wondering about the chances of something like that ever happening. Or is SN is one of the last "reasonable/accessible" methods that we'll have for awhile?

To be fair, you can't really measure the chances of an "unknown" method becoming known (rhetorical part). But idk anymore (venting part), I'm just scared of losing any escape route that's supposedly as reasonable as SN. Sure, I could take it before expiration, but what if I wanted to live beyond the next 3 years? Part of when I CTB is kinda based on these uncertainties...

Last edited:
MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Worst case scenario is that they can't ban ropes. SN is actually not that new, it comes from the previous century. I'm not sure what made it so popular.

D

Debbie Northampton U

Student
Oct 22, 2020
What's SN please? Us newbies don't know. Thanks.

AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
SN is sort of banned here in Australia, it's now classed as a dangerous good so you need a license to buy it, though it's not illegal to own.

I think because it's so widely used and has so many practical uses it'll be difficult to ever actually make it illegal.

Right now a lot of websites aren't selling to Australians because of the regulations here on it, but that doesn't mean there aren't places that missed the memo on that ;)

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Already is banned in lots of places, people still get it illegally. Ultimately if suicide is made significantly harder because of it you have to just reevaluate whether or not you're willing to do it.

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
SN is sort of banned here in Australia, it's now classed as a dangerous good so you need a license to buy it, though it's not illegal to own.

I think because it's so widely used and has so many practical uses it'll be difficult to ever actually make it illegal.

Right now a lot of websites aren't selling to Australians because of the regulations here on it, but that doesn't mean there aren't places that missed the memo on that ;)
Still, things are looking rough for the foreseeable future in Australia.

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Haha I'm never sure if we're allowed to name sites here or not. I should probably read the rules lol......
Yeah you at least named it twice in previous threads lol

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I just checked the rules and it sounds like we're not allowed to link directly to sites / products.
Technically yes but as far as I'm concerned it's better to share this information in private as you'd have to have an account at least to get sources. Not that you can't uncover it just from the fact that it's arts and crafts site so idk

Last edited by a moderator:
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Technically yes but as far as I'm concerned it's better to share this information in private as you'd have to have an account at least to get sources. Not that you can't uncover it just from the fact that it's arts and crafts site so idk
Yeah you're probably right

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I just checked the rules and it sounds like we're not allowed to link directly to sites / products, so hopefully it's okay saying that it's

Please edit this post and take the name out

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilacmoon
C

Craig31ldn

Student
Oct 22, 2020
Its become harder because like so many people are using it for ctb. You can get it but there's no guarantee it will arrive. Soon it will be almost impossible for non businesses to purchase.

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
What are you talking about there is an edit button lol
It disappears after a while, the posts you want to be edited can only be done by reporting them to the mods.

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Student
Oct 27, 2018
So this is part stupid question (maybe even rhetorical), part venting
Also this isn't about methods that aren't part of "popular knowledge" (such as hanging or firearms).

I've heard mixed things from people about whether SN is gonna get banned (in countries that have fairly easy access right now). I'm going to avoid that debate for now, and assume that it's eventually going to get banned (no matter how small of a chance there is). So if it ever comes to that...what then? From my limited knowledge, Helium used to be a viable method several years ago, right? I guess it started to get sold in lower %'s because of it's CTB use. But back when Helium was good, did anyone know of SN?

What I'm getting at is the idea of a new method (or a relatively unknown one) that could spring up in popularity after SN declines. I'm wondering about the chances of something like that ever happening. Or is SN is one of the last "reasonable/accessible" methods that we'll have for awhile?

To be fair, you can't really measure the chances of an "unknown" method becoming known (rhetorical part). But idk anymore (venting part), I'm just scared of losing any escape route that's supposedly as reasonable as SN. Sure, I could take it before expiration, but what if I wanted to live beyond the next 3 years? Part of when I CTB is kinda based on these uncertainties...
But my understanding from reliable sources is that SN is usable and does what is wanted for several years past the expiration date on the label if it is not opened and is stored well, so you are under no pressure to take it before you are ready, Keep it sealed in the original container and stash it in a dry place. That would give you considerably more than the three years you mentioned.