D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
If I take SN at 4am, will I be dead by 8am?

Reactions: mywayout, Finalnight and WonderingSoul
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
yes

Reactions: Finalnight, Abyssal, WonderingSoul and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

Maybe even by 6am barring any interruptions

Reactions: Finalnight, WonderingSoul and dggtscccvfd
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
On average, death ensues about 40 minutes after taking the SN. It can vary depending on your metabolism but it won't take too long regardless.

Reactions: Finalnight and dggtscccvfd
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
If it works, yes.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
sanlcx

sanlcx

Oct 21, 2023
On average, death ensues about 40 minutes after taking the SN. It can vary depending on your metabolism but it won't take too long regardless.
Only 40 minutes? What happens if u get discovered and taken to the hospital? Can u still be revived, or you'll be long gone by then? I thought it took some hours till you're really dead.

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
It depends on the dose and your metabolism. I think if using the recommended dose ~25g and a sensible regimen, 40 minutes sounds about right. You should be unconscious long before then.

You can be revived before then and often make a full recovery. It seems less risky than some other methods when it comes to life-changing injuries from a failed attempt. Some claim if you don't die, a full recovery is guaranteed. I wouldn't bet on that myself though.

D

Deleted member 65988

Some claim if you don't die, a full recovery is guaranteed. I wouldn't bet on that myself though.
Whoever said that is probably just part of a larger problem of misinformation on this forum. If you don't die then you need medical intervention and if it takes too long then the higher chance there is of complications. When it comes to the treatment of Methomoglobinemia caused by SN, immediate treatment is needed for a chance at recovery otherwise, anything can happen and the outcome isn't usually good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dggtscccvfd and Old Friend
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Quite. Dying isn't merely an on-off switch. It's a process. The further down the line you are, the more likely irreversible damage has taken place.

Reactions: MiMif, mywayout and dggtscccvfd
AnonymousRobin

AnonymousRobin

little bird fly away
Oct 7, 2022
Definitely, unless you're found or vomit, my methemoglobinemia levels were 60+ within less than an hour, it also may depend on your metabolism and circulatory rate

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Old Friend and dggtscccvfd
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Only 40 minutes? What happens if u get discovered and taken to the hospital? Can u still be revived, or you'll be long gone by then? I thought it took some hours till you're really dead.
If you're found and administered methylene blue within that 40 minute time frame you can be revived as methylene blue reverses methomoglobinemia (which is how SN kills you).

Still, about 57% of people who are hospitalized die in hospital as time is really of the essence and for many cases emergency responders arrive too late. Survival would require a very rapid response from first responders.

• Informative
Reactions: 0000000000000, Deleted member 65988, Old Friend and 1 other person
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Definitely, unless you're found or vomit, my methemoglobinemia levels were 60+ within less than an hour, it also may depend on your metabolism and circulatory rate
How did you survive then?

Reactions: MiMif
AnonymousRobin

AnonymousRobin

little bird fly away
Oct 7, 2022
I was found and taken to hospital, I have a detailed account on one of my threads that I posted earlier today

Reactions: mywayout and dggtscccvfd
D

Deleted member 65988

Just read through this

C

Copier0997

Dec 8, 2023
Still, about 57% of people who are hospitalized die in hospital as time is really of the essence and for many cases emergency responders arrive too late. Survival would require a very rapid response from first responders.
How likely are first responses to identify the cause?

It's a shame you can't go somewhere pretty and take this and watch the sun set or rise, or listen to the ocean waves crashing, or the birds singing. Although I suspect when you are ready to go, you just want to go and aren't concerned with making it cinematic.

D

Deleted member 65988

Survival would require a very rapid response from first responders.
As well as having enough Methelyne blue and even in some cases blood transfusion on hand to save you. It's all about timing.
Although I suspect when you are ready to go, you just want to go and aren't concerned with making it cinematic.
Yeah that'd be the last concern in the world to go out like it's a movie when it isn't.
How likely are first responses to identify the cause?
Anything at the scene alluding to what you have taken so its much easier to narrow it down. So, in some medical cases specifically about sn, it is detailed what was found at the scene, be it white powder on a scale or cups and spoons with white crystalline powder in a liquid solution in the cups or the SN bottle itself and yes, even vomit sometimes. Remember, they can't just go ahead and assume you've taken sn when there could be other causes, if you leave anything at the scene that gives them time to idenfity it along with keeping your condition from deteriorating further and this all depends if you have enough sn in your system in the event you vomit then that gives them a chance at saving you otherwise it takes time when it's literally life or death situation to get down to what's the issue. Unless one of the medical personnel have dealt with or are aware of attempts to ctb with sn then they won't likely know right away if you don't leave anything that will give them the answer as to what you took. This is why medical articles about SN ctb were published:

1. To make sure medical personnel are aware of the rising use of it since it's a rare method and difficult to identify as a result.

2. To be prepared to know what to do in the event of an sn attempt hence why even some articles outline that Oxygen stats of 85% and below are possible signs of Methomoglobinemia caused by sn as well as the outlined symptoms the higher the level of Methomoglobinemia go, oh and also the discoloration of blood.

• Informative
Reactions: 0000000000000 and dggtscccvfd
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Whoever said that is probably just part of a larger problem of misinformation on this forum. If you don't die then you need medical intervention and if it takes too long then the higher chance there is of complications. When it comes to the treatment of Methomoglobinemia caused by SN, immediate treatment is needed for a chance at recovery otherwise, anything can happen and the outcome isn't usually good.
I think I've fallen victim to this misinformation. Where can I find accurate info in case of SN survival? I don't plan on surviving but I'd rather minimize the damage in case of failure.

D

Deleted member 65988

I think I've fallen victim to this misinformation. Where can I find accurate info in case of SN survival? I don't plan on surviving but I'd rather minimize the damage in case of failure.
there's plenty of cases to look up across the forum, some firsthand accounts are still around like @アホペンギン case for example. Here are a few right off the top of my head

Attachments

• Survival after severe methemoglobinemia secondary to sodium nitrate ingestion.pdf
    587.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
Reactions: dggtscccvfd, LeperGnome and Abyssal
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
there's plenty of cases to look up across the forum, some firsthand accounts are still around like @アホペンギン case for example. Here are a few right off the top of my head

Do you know how they are doing now? Maybe it was me that misunderstood, but i was sure you wrote that people that failed suffered severe complications after the failed attempt.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd and Abyssal
D

Deleted member 65988

Do you know how they are doing now? Maybe it was me that misunderstood, but i was sure you wrote that people that failed suffered severe complications after the failed attempt.
Hows who doing? Out of these cases, I know @Symbiote ctb but I don't know if it was sn that he took again, that was what i read on the forum through my time browsing. I didn't say that people suffered severe complications but rather that to say that they didn't get any sort of issues afterwards isn't true either. There's just been plenty of narratives and misinformation around sn that need to be corrected. @アホペンギン is still here but from their sn experience, they developed heart issues as a result from nitrite poisoning. People just need to be aware of the risks and aware that they might not escape without sequelae after treatment especially if it takes longer for treatment to take effect because that leaves room for complications and how moderate or severe the complications will be is anyone's guess. All in all, let it be a reason to leave as little chance for survival as possible, at least, that's my conclusion.

AnonymousRobin

AnonymousRobin

little bird fly away
Oct 7, 2022
I read it. Would you consider SN again?
I've ordered more, despite surviving it, it's still my proffered method and I plan to go out that way

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023

Thanks for this. Really helpful links; I read through all of them. Two things come across: it's important to take the 20g or 25g or so not a lower dose (as per the example that took only 2g) and it's vital not to be found.

I was previously considering taking SN whilst my parents are at home overnight - hence the original question of whether I'd be dead in 4 hours - but I'm not now. I'm convinced I must do it when the house is empty. Going to have to bide my time.

Edit: by the way the attachment you gave us was for sodium nitrate not nitrite!

Last edited:
Reactions: 0000000000000
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Probably yes. But for safety reasons, aiding for a 8 hour window alone after ingesting is better, that way it deletes any effort or chances of survival.

D

Deleted member 65988

Thanks for this. Really helpful links; I read through all of them. Two things come across: it's important to take the 20g or 25g or so not a lower dose (as per the example that took only 2g) and it's vital not to be found.

I was previously considering taking SN whilst my parents are at home overnight - hence the original question of whether I'd be dead in 4 hours - but I'm not now. I'm convinced I must do it when the house is empty. Going to have to bide my time.

Edit: by the way the attachment you gave us was for sodium nitrate not nitrite!
It's pretty much vital that you aren't found for any method and yes, the publication is actually for Nitrite, its still useful because it talks about Methomoglobinemia and the symptoms are much in line with what youd see from sn otherwise there would've been no reason to share it, I guess they just changed it to Nitrate. You'd be dead anyway if you do everything right and be prepared. At the end of the day, it's each to their own