Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I have nearly reached my limit. A silent, peaceful death that occurs within a 10-15 minute range is how I want to exit (naturally). I can't risk failing SN and having my remaining supply be confiscated. I know that if my parents were to catch me in the act they'd just send me to another psych ward and place me on even more harmful drugs, decimating my already virtually nonexistent quality of life even further.

I am so tired of being trapped in this diseased body. I accidentally caught my reflection in the mirror last night and almost vomited at the sight of the decrepit wretch staring back at me. I want to leave so badly.

When the Debreather was announced I finally felt a spark of hope deep within my soul unlike anything I'd experienced in over a decade. Why are they toying with us? They at least owe us an authentic explanation as to why it's taking forever. The Covid conundrum interfering with the acquirement of necessary parts is starting to seem like more of a cheap excuse than a legitimate reason at this point. Especially since they stated that they were going to start manufacturing their own one-way valves instead of obtaining them from an outside source.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, JayDog, Keto and 12 others
Ender

Ender

Dec 29, 2020
I'm nearing my limit too. The Debreather sounds like a nice method. But it will probably be expensive and sold to certain markets. I don't think I'll be able to obtain it...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, Moon2018, sadworld and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Wrennie I'm sorry to hear you're suffering. If you search on here, someone made a Debreather with a scuba mask, and details most of the process.

Wishing you all the best.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience, patheticpartner, sadworld and 1 other person
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I have nearly reached my limit. A silent, peaceful death that occurs within a 10-15 minute range is how I want to exit (naturally). I can't risk failing SN and having my remaining supply be confiscated. I know that if my parents were to catch me in the act they'd just send me to another psych ward and place me on even more harmful drugs, decimating my virtually nonexistent quality of life even further.

I am so tired of being trapped in this diseased body. I accidentally caught my reflection in the mirror last night and almost vomited at the sight of the decrepit wretch staring back at me. I want to leave so badly.

When the Debreather was announced I finally felt a spark of hope deep within my soul unlike anything I'd experienced in over a decade. Why are they toying with us? They at least owe us an authentic explanation as to why it's taking forever. The Covid conundrum interfering with the acquirement of necessary parts is starting to seem like more of a cheap excuse than a legitimate reason at this point. Especially since they stated that they were going to start manufacturing their own one-way valves instead of obtaining them from an outside source.
I do not want to shatter your hopes but I sincerely do not think that the Debreather will be reintroduced.

I do not have any insider information but their reason for their delay is unreasonable. There are no shortages in one-way valves and the designs of such valves are well developed. Even if they were to design their own, it would not take this long.

I would suggest that you consider another method.

• Love
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, patheticpartner, sadworld and 1 other person
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
The debreather seems nice.. keep us up to date on it if you can. I forgot about this tbh it's been awhile

• Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience, Greenberg, Wrennie and 1 other person
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
@Wrennie I'm sorry to hear you're suffering. If you search on here, someone made a Debreather with a scuba mask, and details most of the process.

Wishing you all the best.
Thank you for the info. I've entertained the possibility of constructing my own but since I live with my parents I know that they'd grow suspicious if I started to order random parts in the mail. They'd want to know for what purpose I was using them for.

At least with the Debreather I could concoct an excuse like "it's a device to help prevent hyperventilation during panic attacks" or something along those lines since I'm prone to bouts of anxiety.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, patheticpartner, Moon2018 and 2 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
It would be really nice but something tells me it will never come... I'm sorry for your struggles OP. Hugs! :hug::hug::heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, patheticpartner, Ἡγησίας and 3 others
B

blvck

May 12, 2018
Can someone explain what this is? Ive never heard of it

Reactions: patheticpartner
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I read that it actually doesn't sound like it's possible. There was another thread about it here and there were some comments that explained that it's probably not gonna work the way the say (so it probably won't be reintroduced) not sure tho, I'm not very good with stuff like this so I can only read from all sides and gather info. I hope that it does become real tho

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Can someone explain what this is? Ive never heard of it
It's a device promoted by Exit that is designed to filter the CO2 out of the breath that you exhale and leave only the nitrogen, and then recycle the nitrogen into each inhalation (essentially suffocating you in a manner that won't induce a survival response or cause any discomfort to the wearer).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, profoundexperience, patheticpartner and 2 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
essentially suffocating you in a manner that won't induce a survival response or cause any discomfort to the wearer)
Wow, were we ever as close as today to overcoming our biological drive to survive and reproduce? The means seems to be cheap enough to produce. So close to alleviating a great share of suffering.

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, patheticpartner, Wrennie and 1 other person
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Wow, were we ever as close as today to overcoming our biological drive to survive and reproduce? The means seems to be cheap enough to produce. So close to alleviating a great share of suffering.
It's technically very affordable to make. A couple of users have assembled one with supplies that amounted to less than what it's officially sold for. The issue is that many people aren't remotely handy (myself included) and as of now there exists no guidebook on how to make your own.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience and patheticpartner
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Just to clarify, the post I'm referring to is a modified exit bag using a scuba mask instead of some kind of bag. Instead of air or oxygen, you can use argon or nitrogen gas in a tank. Similar concept to a debreather, but using pressurized gas vs a filtration system.

The scuba mask idea has merit, mainly since it is strapped very securely to your head/face, it had much less of a chance of getting knocked off/out of place when your go unconscious.

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, Greenberg, 262653 and 2 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Just to clarify, the post I'm referring to is a modified exit bag using a scuba mask instead of some kind of bag. Instead of air or oxygen, you can use argon or nitrogen gas in a tank. Similar concept to a debreather, but using pressurized gas vs a filtration system.

The scuba mask idea has merit, mainly since it is strapped very securely to your head/face, it had much less of a chance of getting knocked off/out of place when your go unconscious.
The inert gas method looks promising, but aren't scuba masks significantly expensive? I'm quite poor unfortunately, lol. I suppose I could start saving up for one...

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: profoundexperience and Greenberg
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Wrennie yes, a quick search shows full-face scuba masks at $500+, then add in the tank and regulators, and it's looking like a $1000+ setup.

If anyone wanted to do this, could always just buy everything on a credit card. Not like you're going to have to pay it back :)

• Love
Reactions: sunshine5, profoundexperience, Greenberg and 1 other person
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
@Wrennie yes, a quick search shows full-face scuba masks at $500+, then add in the tank and regulators, and it's looking like a $1000+ setup.

If anyone wanted to do this, could always just buy everything on a credit card. Not like you're going to have to pay it back :)
Lol as of this moment I have 200 bucks max. :pfff:
One of the reasons the Rebreather appealed to me was it was 'economical'.
I guess there's such a thing as being so poor that even death doesn't want you. :blarg: Ha-ha

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: profoundexperience and Greenberg
fent_dnm27

fent_dnm27

Jan 8, 2021
Lol as of this moment I have 200 bucks max. :pfff:
USD? more than enough to set up the inert gas method.

Oxygen regulator + Adapter is ~$80
Tubing, turkey bag, elastic nylon, and those little clamps for exit bag, all can be had for <$20
That leaves you $100 to get a nitrogen tank, which you can lease for a few dollars a month. Or buy a used empty cylinder and pay a business to fill it for you. It's cheap as fuck.

You absolutely do not need scuba gear for the exit bag. Even a cursory review of the "Exit Bag" guides would reveal that...

Last edited:
Reactions: profoundexperience and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
USD? more than enough to set up the inert gas method.

Oxygen regulator + Adapter is ~$80
Tubing, turkey bag, elastic nylon, and those little clamps for exit bag, all can be had for <$20
That leaves you $100 to get a nitrogen tank, which you can lease for a few dollars a month. Or buy a used empty cylinder and pay a business to fill it for you. It's cheap as fuck.

You absolutely do not need scuba gear for the exit bag. Even a cursory review of the "Exit Bag" guides would reveal that...
Oh wow, this was enlightening. I hadn't read through the Inert Gas thread yet because I was still holding out hope for the Rebreather, but I'll definitely take the time to do so now.

Reactions: profoundexperience
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Oh wow, this was enlightening. I hadn't read through the Inert Gas thread yet because I was still holding out hope for the Rebreather, but I'll definitely take the time to do so now.
There seem to be a lot of failures with the bag method on here. Mainly due to the bag losing its seal when the person loses consciousness and moves, or because there wasn't a good seal to begin with, and the person removes the bag in a semi-conscious state.

The bag is a great method if it works, but there is a high risk of brain damage if it doesn't since it relies on oxygen deprivation. Using a scuba mask mitigates a lot of the risk, but it does cost a lot.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
There seem to be a lot of failures with the bag method on here. Mainly due to the bag losing its seal when the person loses consciousness and moves, or because there wasn't a good seal to begin with, and the person removes the bag in a semi-conscious state.

The bag is a great method if it works, but there is a high risk of brain damage if it doesn't since it relies on oxygen deprivation. Using a scuba mask mitigates a lot of the risk, but it does cost a lot.
Ah, in that case the costly nature of investing in a mask appears to be worth it.

Last edited: