Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Yes I use it a lot but probably on a basic level compared to you

Reactions: Mynameisnotimportant
Mynameisnotimportant

Mynameisnotimportant

4 years recovered. SS Vetran
Aug 21, 2018
Are you doing it because you're well into the subject you're studying so find it interesting and you're motivated to find out more about it, want to get involved in projects around it etc. ?

Or is it about being a special me me because of scores, grades, titles against your name etc. ?

If it's the former then do more and more and eventually you'll add value to the world. You'll have meaning and purpose in life from it.

If it's the latter then the reward will be short lived and a time will come where it won't do it for you anymore.

Kind of both. I know that in long term success never will bring happiness. When I was a newbie on the debate team I placed 5th (5 arguments won 1 lost) out of 25. This was and has always been my greatest success with debate. I was crying on the bus ride back because I thought I could have done more (even though I prepared for this 3-4 hours a day) and I could have placed better. In the back of my mind I knew that this would have been my same reaction if I had placed first.

Jerryman

Jerryman

Jul 19, 2018
Kind of both. I know that in long term success never will bring happiness. When I was a newbie on the debate team I placed 5th (5 arguments won 1 lost) out of 25. This was and has always been my greatest success with debate. I was crying on the bus ride back because I thought I could have done more (even though I prepared for this 3-4 hours a day) and I could have placed better. In the back of my mind I knew that this would have been my same reaction if I had placed first.
It's seems you judge yourself too much. Many on here have that problem but because of how they've been with other people.

Reactions: lv-gras
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
Sometimes my job can help because I am so focused on what I'm doing that it distracts me. Listening to music is also an escape for me.

Reactions: Mynameisnotimportant and Sun Stealer
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
I'm the same comatose. Reading is also great. I love historical novels and sci fi.

Reactions: Mynameisnotimportant