Status
Not open for further replies.
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
check this shit out. they actually mentioned him here.
What if these idiots are sent in purposely to make the community look as bad as possible?

invalidation?? the user has been banned!!

It's news to me if Amazon sold ctb kits! I checked and you can't get SN on there now never mind careful instructions how to use it. This guy is irritatingly smug and self opinionated. Oh, how big of him not to try and wipe the dirty stain of SaSu off the face of the internet. Imagine MtG being cited as in any way representative of people here. What goes on in pms we can't know about, but ffs how many more times, it's explicitly against the rules to push or promote, teach, coach, anything, people to ctb. But let him cherrypick MtG an apparent pedo predator to try and besmirch the many decent, lovely people here. A very irritating listen, I don't recommend it.

Update: I commented on his channel but it's probably been deleted. Actually casting a glance through the comments not all of them are as insufferably smug or prolife as he is, which is somewhat heartening. Ironically he's probably led quite a few of them to come and check us out as well as made them aware of 'the chemical' haha. Own goal mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, waitingforrest, Suicidebydeath and 2 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
It's news to me if Amazon sold ctb kits! I checked and you can't get SN on there now never mind careful instructions how to use it. This guy is irritatingly smug and self opinionated. Oh, how big of him not to try and wipe the dirty stain of SaSu off the face of the internet. Imagine MtG being cited as in any way representative of people here. What goes on in pms we can't know about, but ffs how many more times, it's explicitly against the rules to push or promote, teach, coach, anything, people to ctb. But let him cherrypick MtG an apparent pedo predator to try and besmirch the many decent, lovely people here. A very irritating listen, I don't recommend it.

Update: I commented on his channel but it's probably been deleted. Actually casting a glance through the comments not all of them are as insufferably smug or prolife as he is, which is somewhat heartening. Ironically he's probably led quite a few of them to come and check us out as well as made them aware of 'the chemical' haha. Own goal mate.
I think they didn't sell them to where I live. It might be US-only or related areas, which might be why you couldn't find them. He's extremely smug and self-opinionated for sure, hence trigger warning, I don't want people to get upset watching the video if they don't want to listen to him yammer on about SaSu/suicide.

Yeah, he said MtG was a prominent user. I don't know about that, but he had less than 1K messages and less than 2K reaction score. That's less than me and I certainly don't consider myself a prominent anything here, I rarely comment and even more rarely make any legible OPs of my own lol . Prominent users are like Rain, stan and long-time users e.g. before 2020. So it sounds like he's giving him far more importance than he actually had, he's certainly not representative of users here. Agree with the pedo-predator view, in essence anyway.

I hope Rain is okay during this time period. I wish I could do more or anything to help them out.

Last edited:
Reactions: wljourney, waitingforrest and freedompass
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I think they didn't sell them to where I live. It might be US-only or related areas, which might be why you couldn't find them. He's extremely smug and self-opinionated for sure, hence trigger warning, I don't want people to get upset watching the video if they don't want to listen to him yammer on about SaSu/suicide.

Yeah, he said MtG was a prominent user. I don't know about that, but he had less than 1K messages and less than 2K reaction score. That's less than me and I certainly don't consider myself a prominent anything here, I rarely comment and even more rarely make any legible OPs of my own lol . Prominent users are like Rain, stan and long-time users e.g. before 2020. So it sounds like he's giving him far more importance than he actually had, he's certainly not representative of users here. Agree with the pedo-predator view, in essence anyway.

I hope Rain is okay during this time period. I wish I could do more or anything to help them out.
How did you run across that video?

Is there something especially challenging about this time period? Apart from a fair bit of drama, few fights and such…maybe I'm out of the loop.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
How did you run across that video?
Is there something especially challenging about this time period? Apart from a fair bit of drama, few fights and such…maybe I'm out of the loop.
]𝕃1𝕧1π•Ÿπ•˜πŸšπ”»13πŸ’€ reposted it and it was posted in another thread about nyt recently.

Not for me to talk about, but Rain's job here is always extremely difficult, regardless of current affairs. However by "this time period" I meant that, a bit more, and now this article from NY, this smarmy video and the amazon trial. It's more knowing things are already bad and then hoping that they don't get even worse.

When that guy says this in the video at the start of the section on SaSu:
"almost exclusively pertaining to the glorification of and assisted self-harm to a point of no return".
That is such bullshit, there is a lot of venting threads here about feelings and woes, that is the only place you can talk about and receive constant validation and sympathy, without worrying about being judged for being suicidal etc, and I would say almost zero threads and posts glorifying suicide.

Guy in the video: "worst possible outcome for depression"
I think the worst outcome is nobody doing anything about it, or society being dismissive in general tbh. Followed by being forced into horrible, painful and violent forms of ctb if pro-lifers try to remove all sources of relatively peaceful suicide.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lachrymost, wljourney and freedompass
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I think the worst outcome is nobody doing anything about it, or society being dismissive in general tbh. Followed by being forced into horrible, painful and violent forms of ctb if pro-lifers try to remove all sources of relatively peaceful suicide.
There are worse fates, like people could also get into things like substance abuse and gradually destroy their bodies and minds... and of course what you mentioned, not doing anything at all, letting it fester... it obviously isn't the most ideal option (suicide) and I think everybody would here would like it if their circumstances were different but yeah

Reactions: lachrymost and Suicidebydeath
emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
Wow.

As far as Amazon is concerned, the "kit" clearly is all due to algorithm. I can see how loved ones can be upset, we truly have to see all sides. If it were possible to turn that algorithm off for that particular product, I'm sure they would have by now. As far as I can tell, since reading very old threads, Amazon has already taken major precaution with the selling of SN. It appears to be much harder now than it was two years ago, so it's not like they've done nothing to address such concerns. What that man said in the video is true, if someone wants it badly enough, they'll find the resources.

As far as MtG… Wow. That's very recent, he was just banned. I can't believe they mentioned him personally, and I find it hard to believe that he would instruct anyone on how to CTB via SN. He never even mentioned CTB, couldn't really understand why he was here. Then again, I wasn't in those private DMs, although I'm not sure anyone would want their final moments to be spent with him.

Something seems off about this. Like really off. And my perception is usually spot on, especially here, where I spend most of my time anyway lol

Thanks for posting that video… definitely needs to be posted for everyone to see β™‘

Reactions: Shikamaru, befandbored and wljourney
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
]𝕃1𝕧1π•Ÿπ•˜πŸšπ”»13πŸ’€ reposted it and it was posted in another thread about nyt recently.

Not for me to talk about, but Rain's job here is always extremely difficult, regardless of current affairs. However by "this time period" I meant that, a bit more, and now this article from NY, this smarmy video and the amazon trial. It's more knowing things are already bad and then hoping that they don't get even worse.

When that guy says this in the video at the start of the section on SaSu:
"almost exclusively pertaining to the glorification of and assisted self-harm to a point of no return".
That is such bullshit, there is a lot of venting threads here about feelings and woes, that is the only place you can talk about and receive constant validation and sympathy, without worrying about being judged for being suicidal etc, and I would say almost zero threads and posts glorifying suicide.

Just couldn't agree more. I feel pretty offended and violated to have 'my' community so falsely characterised. I too was profoundly irritated by the remark about 'the worst outcome'. So many assumptions, so much judgment. I comfort myself in the knowledge that he will have alienated some of his own audience right there. If there aren't many dissenting comments now it's because he deleted them. So much for objectivity and balance.

And yes, Rain does an amazing job of keeping it all together somehow. I sometimes worry for her and hope she gets enough support, including emotional because it's a stressful job no question. And yeah I guess it has been an unusually rocky time. I hope it's the storm before the calm.

As she said in her comment on the other thread 'suicide prevention' is extremely wrong headed and the guy did acknowledge this toward the end inasmuch as he is aware that people are very capable of finding the desired information and communities online despite prolife efforts to censor and shut us down. Suicide has always existed, it is a part of being human and always will be.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, emgrl and wljourney
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
check this shit out. they actually mentioned him here.
What if these idiots are sent in purposely to make the community look as bad as possible?

Huh. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

I am a bit surprised tbh. Quite the fast turnaround, considering that the OP was only just banned.

On a sidenote:
It's also somewhat strange to know that the amount of time we spend on this website is equally used by others to make youtube videos on what we do and say on this website.

Some people like to yell at us "get a life".
I'd like to yell back at them "you too!".
LOL

• Yay!
Reactions: Life_and_Death and emgrl
emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
Huh. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

I am a bit surprised tbh. Quite the fast turnaround, considering that the OP was only just banned.

On a sidenote:
It's also somewhat strange to know that the amount of time we spend on this website is equally used by others to make youtube videos on what we do and say on this website.

Some people like to yell at us "get a life".
I'd like to yell back at them "you too!".
LOL
Seriously! It's creepy that they spend all their time here, reading our threads… must be exhausting! HI!!! How are you guys doing today?!!! Haha, maybe one will slip and respond.

Right @wljourney? It seems a bit soon for all of this to come to light since the recent banning. And, as I stated, I never read anything where MtG mentioned CTB. It all seems odd, and sus.

Reactions: wljourney
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Seriously! It's creepy that they spend all their time here, reading our threads… must be exhausting! HI!!! How are you guys doing today?!!! Haha, maybe one will slip and respond.

Right @wljourney? It seems a bit soon for all of this to come to light since the recent banning. And, as I stated, I never read anything where MtG mentioned CTB. It all seems odd, and sus.

I am now of course wondering if that guy who made the YT video is just a lurker or if he has an account. Have I communicated with that person unknowingly? The channel seems to have been created originally for gamers.

It's quite interesting TBH.
My perception has always been that gamers are sharing a lot of fascist, libertarian, right wing theories through their live chats. Male-dominated. Toxic masculinity at its worst. (Obviously that's a stereo type, so please don't @ me about "not all gamers"...)

This whole thing about being "pro-life" and against the right to choose fits right in though. Yelling about Freedom, while locking down Canada's capital (Ottawa) for weeks. Demanding the right to choose etc. but only if it's about THEIR OWN freedom and right to choose.
Demanding harsher restrictions and regulations for a privately owned company while crying about "governmental overreach".

Do they see the dichotomy of what they are demanding?

Reactions: emgrl
emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
I am now of course wondering if that guy who made the YT video is just a lurker or if he has an account. Have I communicated with that person unknowingly? The channel seems to have been created originally for gamers.

It's quite interesting TBH.
My perception has always been that gamers are sharing a lot of fascist, libertarian, right wing theories through their live chats. Male-dominated. Toxic masculinity at its worst. (Obviously that's a stereo type, so please don't @ me about "not all gamers"...)

This whole thing about being "pro-life" and against the right to choose fits right in though. Yelling about Freedom, while locking down Canada's capital (Ottawa) for weeks. Demanding the right to choose etc. but only if it's about THEIR OWN freedom and right to choose.
Demanding harsher restrictions and regulations for a privately owned company while crying about "governmental overreach".

Do they see the dichotomy of what they are demanding?
Exactly… how much info do they know? The actual forum, fine, that can be seen by anyone. But, private messages? They have to have an account, no? Have I spoken to them? Do I speak to them regularly? It's all very scary that they can find out info about me, simply by being here.

The irony of such a dichotomy is what's really interesting. They should be careful what they wish for.

Reactions: wljourney
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Exactly… how much info do they know? The actual forum, fine, that can be seen by anyone. But, private messages? They have to have an account, no? Have I spoken to them? Do I speak to them regularly? It's all very scary that they can find out info about me, simply by being here.

The irony of such a dichotomy is what's really interesting. They should be careful what they wish for.

Well, it's a good example on why it's important for people not to willy-nilly DM new members and openly share sources (even if it's by DM) with everyone who posts "can someone DM me the source for X item in Y country".

Reactions: rationaltake, Skathon, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 2 others
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021

Personally I doubt he stuck around for long to interact. If he had he wouldn't be on there painting us as monsters luring others to ctb, would he? Chatting to one of us would have totally derailed his prolife narrative and demanded a more nuanced approach.

It would be pretty unethical to approach one of us by pms IMO. Definitely crossing a line and I don't think he's amoral.

emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
Well, it's a good example on why it's important for people not to willy-nilly DM new members and openly share sources (even if it's by DM) with everyone who posts "can someone DM me the source for X item in Y country".
Exactly. Even if it's with the intention of helping them, it can ruin this whole site.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, odradek and wljourney
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Absolutely this

Reactions: rationaltake, wljourney, odradek and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Just more virtue signaling bullshit. I love how Youtubers like this act as if they're above us mere mortals, as opposed to, you know, being some dipshit with a GoPro.

With that said, MtG was objectively a bit of a bad egg. I can literally pull up messages addressed to him from years ago whereby people, including me, tried to get him to tweak his approach and behaviorisms a little.

There's always this inference too that older members are somehow the evildoers - like we don't ctb but provide advice to those looking to end their lives (which most of us don't even do - the info is already all there). Isn't that encouraging us to take the plunge on some level? When will people realize there's nothing unnatural about seeking relief from grief, loss and pain? Moreover, not everything is about depression. Many people here are sick, homeless, had everything taken from them. And aren't you at least a little bit of a psychopath if you haven't considered ctb at least once in your life?

Never mind that though, we're all irrational. Good thing we have guys like this with a fucking monetized Youtube channel to set us straight. What a joke.

• Love
Reactions: Γ‰lΓ©gie, Nolan96, Mixo and 7 others
ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
The op once tried to persuade what he thought was a young female member into moving into his flat to act as a domestic servant in some very creepy dms, the young girl turned out to be that Jeremy dickhead and what with prolifers being seen as a bigger threat to people than very obvious predators he was seemingly given a pass on this highly dubious conduct but it's very likely there is more to this yarn than the op describes imo.

this forum πŸ’€

when will incels finally be stopped

Reactions: WhiteRabbit, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Hope:-)
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
I think this should be a wake up call to everyone to not flippantly give out information on methods. You never know who is on the other side of the screen and further who that person might share their info with and so on. Actions have consequences in the real world despite intention (whatever that may be, and you can't really know a stranger's intent on here).

MTG wasn't a prominent user in my estimation but he did represent a certain mindset on this website that is in no way uncommon. He was also uniquely lacking in self awareness (or more likely he was just a liar), so not entirely representative of anything on here. But he's not exactly an outlier either. Be careful out there, be critical and remember to protect yourselves. The stakes are very real here and they heighten more and more as videos like this and articles like the NYT one continue to trickle out. MTG and users in a similar ballpark make it so easy to paint this place in a nefarious light, and that instinct is not always based on misunderstanding, ignorance or a desire for revenge. It is legitimate in some cases, like any online community. It's so much more heightened here since we deal in literal life and death in some cases.

The detailed account of MTGs exploits on here leaking out to the wider world is a bit shocking to me but I think it was inevitable. Our society is obsessed with this flavour of human atypical behavior, let's say. Anyway, this story sure took a turn huh.

Reactions: Γ‰lΓ©gie, Mixo, Shikamaru and 6 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
this forum πŸ’€

when will incels finally be stopped
I cba watching the video and tbh l cba wading through more of the "these goddam lowdown dirty stinking prolifers" tedium but if people are going to take umbrage at the idea that "mark the ghost" is used as a representative example of this website it's probably worth acknowledging that it's not good practice to allow such people to continue to post their violent fantasies, repeat their sleazy DM conduct and be relentlessly and unambiguously creepy for two whole years after it first became apparent imho, l get that people feel overly defensive towards this site but sometimes it really does not help itself in terms of housekeeping.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, Skathon, WhiteRabbit and 7 others
emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
I cba watching the video and tbh l cba wading through more of the "these goddam lowdown dirty stinking prolifers" tedium but if people are going to take umbrage at the idea that "mark the ghost" is used as a representative example of this website it's probably worth acknowledging that it's not good practice to allow such people to continue to post their violent fantasies, repeat their sleazy DM conduct and be relentlessly and unambiguously creepy for two whole years after it first became apparent imho, l get that people feel overly defensive towards this site but sometimes it really does not help itself in terms of housekeeping.
I'd have to agree. Although, it's hard to decipher who truly has a disability such as autism, those that cause such an alarm numerous times shouldn't be allowed. I can't even believe I'm saying that, but for everyone's safety, I think it's a must.

The mods and admins have such a hard job, trying to allow all individuals to experience the site, yet protect us members and the actual site itself.

A special thank you to @RainAndSadness, @Dot, @Lullaby, and all the others that give their time to ensure we have a safe place to come in our greatest time of need. β™‘

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, Skathon, Lullaby and 1 other person
H

Hope:-)

Enlightened
Jul 3, 2022
There's a bit of a culture on websites where vulnerable people abound, (I think it'd be fair to describe this as an example of one,) where men try to ''befriend' women who are all of about barely 20 when they are a LOT older than them. I'm sorry but if you are a man in your forties or fifties and you think you're friends with a 20 year old, most people would tell you that you are deluding yourself and that though you may be oblivious to it that your interest is likely to have a sexual component to it.

I know that this stuff can get bad. I was a member of a forum at 17. I was 'befriended' by someone and asked to do sexual things on camera. I ended up letting him voice record me doing something sexual...I'm still embarrassed to admit it. Relative to where he lived it was illegal. I was vulnerable and it was my first 'sexual experience.' I feel for the young women on here.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, rationaltake, WhiteRabbit and 5 others
ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
every time you post i feel that reason and common sense haven t died out

what i tend to dislike about SS - in addition to the splendidly articulate points you made - is that at times it seems not to have overcome its inceloid origins. i've seen so many people on here who are sensible and transparent in their pain, but i have also seen my fair share of blatant misogyny that is excused because woman bad :( stacy didnt notice me and now my hatred of womankind is fuel enough for my suicidal tirades

Reactions: waitingforrest, freedompass, Chinaski and 5 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
every time you post i feel that reason and common sense haven t died out

what i tend to dislike about SS - in addition to the splendidly articulate points you made - is that at times it seems not to have overcome its inceloid origins. i've seen so many people on here who are sensible and transparent in their pain, but i have also seen my fair share of blatant misogyny that is excused because woman bad :( stacy didnt notice me and now my hatred of womankind is fuel enough for my suicidal tirades
cn only ask tht u kp rportng mysgny if u C it

Am persnlly oftn dealng wth rports of eithr mysgny &/or misndry & neithr r accptble

• Love
Reactions: freedompass, rationaltake, Lullaby and 2 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018

Dude. It's not as easy as you make it out to be. When people who oppose this forum cherry-pick bad people - and they exist in every forum and every social media platform - in their bad-faith mission to tear this forum apart and pretend the entire community is like this, that's not our fault. Do you think I let that member roam this forum on purpose? No. I didn't know the extend of his problematic behavior. But nobody reported the obviously concerning posts of Mark in the first place and I can't personally monitor every single member that's active on this forum because right now, at this point, it's already an energy and time consuming duty to keep this place safe and we do our best to keep it that way. I would highly appreciate if you stopped bashing the forum whenever you find a chance to do so as if we're intentionally letting these people do their thing because you have no fucking idea how hard it is to moderate a space like this and enforce the rules in a fair way. Look, I wish I could just kick people I consider problematic, that would make my job a lot easier. But I don't do that and I give members the benefit of the doubt, to a certain degree, until I can't justify their presence any longer and that's when I take action. And when I found out about some of Marks posts, I immediately took action and banned them. What more do you want me to do?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest, freedompass, emgrl and 7 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I'd have to agree. Although, it's hard to decipher who truly has a disability such as autism, those that cause such an alarm numerous times shouldn't be allowed. I can't even believe I'm saying that, but for everyone's safety, I think it's a must.
It's not hard to 'decipher' when you post about sending death threats or strangling people (in this case, exclusively women). I reckon these softball girls picked up that something was wrong very quickly.

Reactions: waitingforrest, WhiteRabbit and Dead Ghost
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Remarking on the fact that an obvious creep was given so much leeway despite numerous people publicly remarking on their discomfort is not bashing the forum, it's fact - you were literally in the thread two years ago, linked earlier in this thread, giving a pass on his obviously dubious pms so it's weird that you state you were only aware of this person very recently. The forum itself can not cry victim and behave as if it's routinely persecuted when it allows obvious creeps to post weird shit on it which will then be used against it. Some maturity and an honest appraisal of these things when they emerge would benefit this place far more than the reflexive adolescent tantrums do.

It's also interesting that it's my post you reply to, presumably because l once again fail to full-throatedly subscribe to the "ethos" or "philosophy" of the forum, whatever the hell that is. There are other very legit criticisms of much of the output on this site within this thread and whilst it might be safer to boot constructively critical people out and stick fingers in tin ears that will not benefit this site in the long term.

I guess it all depends on what kind of site you want to oversee and what content you think it should host but if enough people are raising the same issues about misogyny, bigotry and creepy conduct it might be worth looking inward at times, it doesn't all come from a bad place and with evil intent.

• Love
Reactions: affinity, ge0rge, Skathon and 2 others
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
It's not hard to 'decipher' when you post about sending death threats or strangling people (in this case, exclusively women). I reckon these softball girls picked up that something was wrong very quickly.
It's possible that if he used the same username to communicate with the girl, she could easily track his activity on the Internet and get scared.
At the beginning of this thread I tried it and it came up in Bing as one of the first entries and precisely linked to the most poignant thread.

Right now I put his name in brackets and the second entry already links me to his (hidden) profile on this website.

//

Γ‰s posible que si va usar el mateix nom d'usuari per comunicar-se amb la noia, aquesta poguΓ©s facilment ratrejar per Internet la seva activitat i s'espantΓ©s.
A l'inici d'aquest fil ho vaig provar i sortía a Bing com una de les primeres entrades i precisament enllaçaba al fils mes punyents.

Ara mateix he posat el seu nom entre paréntesi i la segona entrada ja m'enllaça al seu perfil (ocult) d'aquesta web.

Reactions: whatevs
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
And when I found out about some of Marks posts, I immediately took action and banned them. What more do you want me to do?
You do an amazing job Rain. This is part my bad, I wasn't around for the original posts, and when I did notice them I brought it up with another mod, since I had a bad feeling about them. I think they will always find some bad egg to use as an example, or make one up, and for users where it was far less apparent (like S and M-R), there is that saying about hindsight. If all problematic users were banned I doubt I'd be here. I really wish I could ban myself from life, I wish I could've done a very long time ago to prevent suffering all around.

For having the hardest of all jobs I don't think there is anyone better, more level-headed and puts more into this than you do Rain. This has to be one of the hardest and most self-consuming forums to moderate and administrate and your perseverance is incredible.
My thoughts on it is that he was clearly a predator. Autism or not. Autistic people are not like that, I don't know whether I believe he had that or was just lying/deceptive in general, but definitely low self-awareness.
It's possible that if he used the same username to communicate with the girl, she could easily track his activity on the Internet and get scared.
It's probably less complicated than that. I didn't see the screenshots of their convo before they were removed, but I imagine it was something unacceptable IRL as well. It's odd for someone in their 50s to suddenly take up netball as a hobby. A lot of their post history is odd or worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, odradek, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Remarking on the fact that an obvious creep was given so much leeway despite numerous people publicly remarking on their discomfort is not bashing the forum, it's fact - you were literally in the thread two years ago, linked earlier in this thread, giving a pass on his obviously dubious pms so it's weird that you state you were only aware of this person very recently. The forum itself can not cry victim and behave as if it's routinely persecuted when it allows obvious creeps to post weird shit on it which will then be used against it. Some maturity and an honest appraisal of these things when they emerge would benefit this place far more than the reflexive adolescent tantrums do.

It's also interesting that it's my post you reply to, presumably because l once again fail to full-throatedly subscribe to the "ethos" or "philosophy" of the forum, whatever the hell that is. There are other very legit criticisms of much of the output on this site within this thread and whilst it might be safer to boot people out and stick fingers in tin ears that will not benefit this site in the long term.

I guess it all depends on what kind of site you want to oversee and what content you think it should host but if enough people are raising the same issues about misogyny, bigotry and creepy conduct it might be worth looking inward at times, it doesn't all come from a bad place and with evil intent.

I gave Mark a pass on his private messages that were leaked by Jeremy because I saw the entire chatlog. Did you? No you didn't. I gave him a pass because Jeremy played along with him and didn't in one single sentence voice disagreement or discomfort in these messages when he pretended to be Amy. That's when I decided, okay, this case is quite clear and that's why Jeremy only leaked one side of the story while pretending to be outraged all along.

And look, I have a vision for this forum but I would need more moderators to realise my ideas and I don't have that. It's not a matter of choice that we can't moderate more efficiently. But hey, you're very active and it seems you would be very eager to enforce the rules with an iron fist. Feel free to help us out and turn your ongoing criticism into something constructive. No problem.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NumbItAll, wljourney, Dead Ghost and 3 others
Status
Not open for further replies.