TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
I noticed a while back that you are able to view how many people are actively viewing any part of the website. Users and Guests both. While in a recent thread discussing a live event, I noticed there were a significant amount of guests actively viewing it. This brought to mind some concerns, as I'm sure it does most of us, but also brought up something else:

How many of these trolls are involved in trying to get this site shutdown, while secretly browsing threads that they're supposedly so opposed to?

It just doesn't add up. Seems to me maybe there are more than a few out there who are "fighting the good fight" against SS, but secretly getting their sick fucking rocks off hoping they can just waltz in here undetected and watch someone off themselves. You people are the problem, not us! We are here as a community to support and love one another through a common struggle. You're here for God knows what, but if you have to stay hidden and secretive the intentions can be any form of pure.

• Love
Reactions: Lone_Gray_Wolf, LastFlowers, botanormal and 30 others
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
I too have grown concerned for the safety of this community but I do not know what I can do to help, if you have any ideas or potential solutions I would like to hear.

People can be two faced and sadistic, it's part of why I tend to isolate myself from them.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: NightmareTour, Silvermorning, ecmnesia and 2 others
NA90

NA90

Can you hear the wolf cry in a moonlight night?
Nov 1, 2020
I noticed a while back that you are able to view how many people are actively viewing any part of the website. Users and Guests both. While in a recent thread discussing a live event, I noticed there were a significant amount of guests actively viewing it. This brought to mind some concerns, as I'm sure it does most of us, but also brought up something else:

How many of these trolls are involved in trying to get this site shutdown, while secretly browsing threads that they're supposedly so opposed to?

It just doesn't add up. Seems to me maybe there are more than a few out there who are "fighting the good fight" against SS, but secretly getting their sick fucking rocks off hoping they can just waltz in here undetected and watch someone off themselves. You people are the problem, not us! We are here as a community to support and love one another through a common struggle. You're here for God knows what, but if you have to stay hidden and secretive the intentions can be any form of pure.
I've noticed that too. Sometimes there are more trolls than members online. That worries me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Caspers, ecmnesia, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
W

WrongGuy

Oct 9, 2020
ok

Reactions: SunnyDaze, Ghost2211 and omoidarui
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I repeatedly ask that least the goodbye threads be members-only.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, FatalSystemError591, TheEndisNear121200 and 17 others
W

WrongGuy

Oct 9, 2020
my post is waiting moderator approval, can somebody help?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
in hell out soon

in hell out soon

Student
Apr 27, 2020
One of the guests might've been me because it logged me out at one point. I'm not one of the sickos though. I feel really bad that I couldn't be there for that person. Like not to stop them or anything but just to make them feel less alone...
my post is waiting moderator approval, can somebody help?

This is not an appropriate place to put your comment!

Reactions: StateOfMind, TattiQueen, ecmnesia and 3 others
OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
A great solution would be to lock the sites gates for new people to join and make this place viewable only for already registered users. I don't know why this place needs to grow in numbers. If the number of already existing users decreases then we can open the gates for new people until it reaches a certain number - and close the gate again.

Reactions: FatalSystemError591, shay23, waived and 1 other person
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
That's been going on since the beginning. Not all of them are trolls but there are a lot of sick people and pro lifers who are looking for ammo to attack the site.
The thing is that even if it was members only they'll join just to watch and screenshot the thread. There's no solution besides not being able to post goodbye threads anymore.

• Love
Reactions: virginiawoolf, TattiQueen, dropdeadfred and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
That's been going on since the beginning. Not all of them are trolls but there are a lot of sick people and pro lifers who are looking for ammo to attack the site.

The thing is that even if it was members only they'll join just to watch and screenshot the thread. There's no solution besides not being able to post goodbye threads anymore.

It has been repeatedly pointed out it is a layer of protection, not assumed to be a complete solution.

Also there was a good self-regulation here a year ago, any minors or trolls were noticed, reported banned quickly. Now it seems harder to discuss suspicious behaviour without attracting anger. Same goes for 'I have just joined, gimmi method' posts.

But my date is close and I cannot really do much. It is up to everybody to be vigilant.

• Love
Reactions: 262653, TattiQueen, x~Sophia~x and 2 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
actually a very good idea tbh, there is no real reason for those outside of the community to need to read the personal goodbye's of members anyway

Reactions: FatalSystemError591, TattiQueen, x~Sophia~x and 9 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
A great solution would be to lock the sites gates for new people to join and make this place viewable only for already registered users. I don't know why this place needs to grow in numbers. If the number of already existing users decreases then we can open the gates for new people until it reaches a certain number - and close the gate again.
This doesn't resonate with the principles of the forum. It is meant to accept every suicidal person, the mental health system is already plenty bureaucratic and full of queues, does this forum also need to do the same?

• Love
Reactions: FatalSystemError591, Skathon, Sprite_Geist and 10 others
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Bottom-feeders (and that is phrasing it kindly) who thrive off other peoples pain will always be there. It is our society these days, sadly enough.

What I would like to say to those trying to get the site shut down, is that this will not help. Whether this site is here or not, I will proceed with my plans. How about instead, put your actions towards a better use and actually help those in need - not by isolating them though (which will happen if you succeed in getting the site shut down), this will just make it worse. There is no way you will be able to save everyone, but you may be able to help someone.

I was one of the ones who was there yesterday (I was logged into my account - not a guest account). I was so very sad, but I felt that had I posted something it would have been intrusive. So I sat vigil out of respect. Their courage and willingness to share humbles me.

I am thinking that when my time comes, I may post privately if I can find someone willing and trustworthy, and then after the fact, ask that they post their observations. I do not know.

<3

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Silvermorning, in hell out soon and 5 others
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
This makes sense.
Bottom-feeders (and that is phrasing it kindly) who thrive off other peoples pain will always be there. It is our society these days, sadly enough.

What I would like to say to those trying to get the site shut down, is that this will not help. Whether this site is here or not, I will proceed with my plans. How about instead, put your actions towards a better use and actually help those in need - not by isolating them though (which will happen if you succeed in getting the site shut down), this will just make it worse. There is no way you will be able to save everyone, but you may be able to help someone.

I was one of the ones who was there yesterday (I was logged into my account - not a guest account). I was so very sad, but I felt that had I posted something it would have been intrusive. So I sat vigil out of respect. Their courage and willingness to share humbles me.

I am thinking that when my time comes, I may post privately if I can find someone willing and trustworthy, and then after the fact, ask that they post their observations. I do not know.

<3
Sorry but what do you mean you were there yesterday?

Reactions: woxihuanni and Lostandlooking
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I was logged in (not actually there and I did not see anything).

(And no need to apologize, I was online and reading, nothing more - sorry if what I said was misleading.)

<3

Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
This seems to come up a lot. The problem with closing the site to the public is that it doesn't allow people to find a place of resource and refuge. Everyone of us that is here right now at one point was a guest that had not made an account yet, and it was not part of the community. I viewed this site for probably a couple months before I got the courage to actually register. If I didn't have access to read the resources and what people were talking about I never would've joined the community, and I probably would've gone with my completely moronic plan a year ago I would've just ended up making me ill. I understand and respect how at risk our safety is with this kind of content, but a simple solution is to just be careful how we word things.

• Love
Reactions: TerminallyAlive, It'sMyLife, Skathon and 6 others
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Does anyone know what happened to that person? Have they gone through with their plans of livestreaming their suicide?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
You're here for God knows what, but if you have to stay hidden and secretive the intentions can be any form of pure.
That's the problem with a forum on the internet. Anyone can see it. There is no way to monitor people's motives. Just stay on guard in what you say to anyone here.

• Love
Reactions: TattiQueen and sadworld
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018

My apologies for asking a silly question. but is a troll a lurker? I lurk all of the time. I do not see well and typing can prove very difficult. As can reading.

Reactions: TattiQueen and Meditation guide

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
Are their really trolls here ?

• Love
Reactions: 262653 and Lilacmoon
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
  • Love
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: TattiQueen, SmellyRat, Symbiote and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
  • Hugs
  • Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: TattiQueen, Gnip, SmellyRat and 2 others
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I've gotten my voyeuristic twisted sick fuck rocks off for years by browsing sites like Rotten, Encyclopedia Dramatica, BestGore and LiveLeak. Sanctioned Suicide is not that kind of site, but an information clearing house and support network.

Decades ago, I read Final Exit, then watched the Nurse Betty tutorials when they were on Youtube, and that resulted in a search which uncovered Letze's posts on nitrogen hypoxia which Dani submitted in late August that brought my attention to sodium nitrite as an alternative method to CTB. His success motivated me to apply for membership here.

This simply isn't a good site for voyeurs, who want something to see, not read. Graphic footage like the suicide of Budd Dwyer will wind up on the countless shock sites which exist to satisfy the morbid interest of those obsessed with real life gore.

So far as targeting and shutting this site down, what an ignorant and stupid Band-Aid, like trying to use Super Glue to reattach a severed limb! Katelyn Nicole Davis certainly didn't need a site like this to know how to hang herself on December 30, 2016! (Let's put into perspective just how long ago that was. Obama was POTUS at the time.)

Back in March 2006, a clinical journal article reported on a case of a 26 year old woman who killed herself by deliberately ingesting the equivalent of 132 tablets of 800 mg sustained release ibuprofen. Does that mean we should ban ibuprofen? Where there's a will, there's a way.

Way back in 1972, an older sister of a former schoolmate of mine hung herself. She didn't need an internet or any instructional material on how to end her life.

Outlawing this site would mean abolishing freedom of speech. In the United States, that would mean overturning the First Amendment, but if that were to be done, then the United States will have ceased to exist, in which case this site would not be subject to any legal authority anyway. Check and Mate!

• Love
Reactions: clocktower, It'sMyLife, TattiQueen and 5 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
When there's a will, there's a way. People always find a way to suicide.

BTW, Rotten was the shit back in the day, sites like Ogrish, BestGore, r/watchpeopledie desensitized me to death and dying.

• Love
Reactions: TattiQueen and Gnip
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
My absence was because I had a manic episode. I got arrested and was at the hospital.

I was just released.

In case anyone suspected me of mal-intent, I apologize.

I didn't realise I wasn't the only one who observes the numbers regularly.

Or that my absence would be noticed, at this level of anonymity.

Posting this was difficult so thanks for reading.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sensei, Ghost2211, TattiQueen and 4 others