muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Why would anyone be here to spy? Unless you are personally interested in this I mean, I see no reason to spend time here. It would never occur to me to come to a site for the suicidally inclined just for grins, or some kind of ulterior motive.

Maybe the pandemic and all that goes with it has people stressed out.

I see where you're coming from, but this is a fallacy that makes people vulnerable to being manipulated or trolled. People with ulterior motives do come on here, whether we understand their reasoning or not. Just because we wouldn't do something doesn't mean that other people don't, unfortunately

• Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, TattiQueen, GoodPersonEffed and 4 others
endless_knot

endless_knot

Nov 3, 2020
Tbh it could just be lurkers, I've visited SS so many times but never made an acc till now

Reactions: Niftypoint124, TattiQueen and botanormal
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I noticed a while back that you are able to view how many people are actively viewing any part of the website. Users and Guests both. While in a recent thread discussing a live event, I noticed there were a significant amount of guests actively viewing it. This brought to mind some concerns, as I'm sure it does most of us, but also brought up something else:

How many of these trolls are involved in trying to get this site shutdown, while secretly browsing threads that they're supposedly so opposed to?

It just doesn't add up. Seems to me maybe there are more than a few out there who are "fighting the good fight" against SS, but secretly getting their sick fucking rocks off hoping they can just waltz in here undetected and watch someone off themselves. You people are the problem, not us! We are here as a community to support and love one another through a common struggle. You're here for God knows what, but if you have to stay hidden and secretive the intentions can be any form of pure.
I LOVE YOU!!, in so far as you are spot on! @TattiQueen , you are so correct. WE are ONE GLOBAL FAMILY and people who are not honest and of good intentions are really sad. You are SO SMART!!!! All the love and kindness towards you that I have in every fiber of my being!!! Walter:heart::hug:

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning and TattiQueen
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I used to lurk on these forums a lot without creating an account until just recently, so I'm hoping that's what a lot of those guest accounts are doing too, for the most part. I have no doubt there will be some people with bad intentions, I just hope that they're in the minority. Seeing the petitions to get this site shut down is difficult, and I wish all those people signing tried to better understand what the site was really about instead of signing because of that knee-jerk "suicide bad" reaction.

Reactions: endless_knot
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I guess i will never understand what people get out of observing anything on a site like this with ill intent.
Is it entertainment? It's horrible if so.

I have seen the goodbye threads and have wanted to comment- hesitated- and in the end chosen not to yet so far. I have not seen any thread or something like it within hours of its posting until tonight- and i always want to say something but i'm afraid i'll say the wrong thing.

So i stay silent.

I'm also having this problem with my device that no matter what reaction i select, it chooses "like" or lights up the whole page. I'm sure it's probably me with my tremors double tapping/ but anyways i'm mortified when i want to select "hug" or "love" on a sensitive post and my device chooses "like" and i can't fix it for 3 min. :( I wonder what everyone must be thinking of me- ugh. :(

Anyhow, all that to say i have been quiet on goodbye threads but my heart has been with the OPs and everyone... :heart:

chasedtheWind

chasedtheWind

Nemendsitall
Oct 11, 2020
I noticed a while back that you are able to view how many people are actively viewing any part of the website. Users and Guests both. While in a recent thread discussing a live event, I noticed there were a significant amount of guests actively viewing it. This brought to mind some concerns, as I'm sure it does most of us, but also brought up something else:

How many of these trolls are involved in trying to get this site shutdown, while secretly browsing threads that they're supposedly so opposed to?

It just doesn't add up. Seems to me maybe there are more than a few out there who are "fighting the good fight" against SS, but secretly getting their sick fucking rocks off hoping they can just waltz in here undetected and watch someone off themselves. You people are the problem, not us! We are here as a community to support and love one another through a common struggle. You're here for God knows what, but if you have to stay hidden and secretive the intentions can be any form of pure.

Sometimes, I visit the site in private mode (browser) or after clearing my browser history which logs me off the site making me seem like a guest.
I'm sure there are people here in the same boat or others who are just net-shy trying to find information.
I'm more worried about misinformation on methods than trolls, lurkers, pro-lifers, aliens...

Reactions: TattiQueen
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
And unfortunately one of our members joined them can you believe that?
Wait what ? Could you share please, if you wouldn't mind?
Yes but it happened when I first joined. He announced it her out loud but rather not mention that op name. He's banned now.

Like that op there is a lot of spies here. We just dunno who they are.
Sorry I saw this obviously after previous . I was just curious of the situation.
tbh I've seen so many of these threads that I just don't care anymore

Sorry for the repetition. It was just something I noticed A LOT. I'm sure not everyone is an asshole coming after us. My intention was just to casually bring it to attention of those who don't notice, and/or new users. I personally haven't seen a thread mentioning the guests, who always outnumber the users ( at least when I'm browsing ). I'm sure eventually I'll get used to it, but I always find myself looking at the totals when scrolling after finishing up a thread.

This is also my first thread post, so either way appreciate the comment. I'll have to check out the previous ones that are related.
I used to lurk on these forums a lot without creating an account until just recently, so I'm hoping that's what a lot of those guest accounts are doing too, for the most part. I have no doubt there will be some people with bad intentions, I just hope that they're in the minority. Seeing the petitions to get this site shut down is difficult, and I wish all those people signing tried to better understand what the site was really about instead of signing because of that knee-jerk "suicide bad" reaction.

Yes dear, I totally agree! When seeing it I completely hope that the guests are people who do their research on something before just jumping on a bandwagon blindly. Sadly, majority of people do not clearly see things in that manner. This is especially the case when their subject/target was brought to their attention when an event has emotional significance attached to it. Given the sensitive subject matter going hand in hand with SS, it's understandable for the most part. But like I mentioned, someone actively doing the required research and educating themselves will find we are nothing more than a support group who want the best for each other and are just trying to offer our support/love/positivity etc. to those so desperately in need of it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal and sadworld
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Erm, they screenshot a lot of posts with member usernames, and that was a like of mine, not even a comment. I'm confused as to why you tagged me in particular, can you clarify? Thanks.
No big reason, just recognized you that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadworld
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
No big reason, just recognized you that's all.

Yeah it didn't feel creepy at all for you to just randomly point it out. This comment didn't feel subtly threatening or creepy either.

Ima wish you well and hit ignore.

Reactions: Silvermorning and sadworld
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
Sometimes, I visit the site in private mode (browser) or after clearing my browser history which logs me off the site making me seem like a guest.
I'm sure there are people here in the same boat or others who are just net-shy trying to find information.
I'm more worried about misinformation on methods than trolls, lurkers, pro-lifers, aliens...

I was curious as to why I'm always being logged out when closing out safari. The private mode does it automatically I take it? That makes perfect sense. My blonde moments. Lol
I guess i will never understand what people get out of observing anything on a site like this with ill intent.
Is it entertainment? It's horrible if so.

I have seen the goodbye threads and have wanted to comment- hesitated- and in the end chosen not to yet so far. I have not seen any thread or something like it within hours of its posting until tonight- and i always want to say something but i'm afraid i'll say the wrong thing.

So i stay silent.

I'm also having this problem with my device that no matter what reaction i select, it chooses "like" or lights up the whole page. I'm sure it's probably me with my tremors double tapping/ but anyways i'm mortified when i want to select "hug" or "love" on a sensitive post and my device chooses "like" and i can't fix it for 3 min. :( I wonder what everyone must be thinking of me- ugh. :(

Anyhow, all that to say i have been quiet on goodbye threads but my heart has been with the OPs and everyone... :heart:

In reference to the reactions, mine does the exact same thing. I figured out that it's a timing. Tapping it selects like, but holding selects the word. You have to hold it very very quickly, if that makes any sense? Try just touching the like option just in a more pronounced way, for the duration of just saying one. I know it doesn't seem like it's different, but I guess it's recognized that way. That's what I found worked for me. It was so frustrating.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: W’ren and sadworld