• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I've been trying really hard to start running and I'm doing it but it's not exactly the easiest. I've just got myself a bike so I can build stamina on my days off running. I'm quite excited. It's years since I've had a bike

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I remember being a teen and enjoying driving one with my music playing in my ears. You made me wanna buy one to myself.

Reactions: kitch
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Congrats, I'm happy for you. I don't drive, so biking always gave me a sense of freedom. I hope it helps on your road to recovery.

:)

- journey

Reactions: Gerard de Nerval
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
I ride my bike everyday to work. Its about 20 minutes in a hilly city. At first it was really hard to keep a steady pace but now it's a breeze. Took a week to get used to it. Now I have the stamina to tackle any distance. I once biked 16 miles! I'm glad you are a part of the biker's gang!

E

eternaltroubador

Jan 30, 2021
Biking is definitely one of my favorite activites. It's great for getting your mind off stuff, especially if you find a nice scenic trail.

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I love biking. I own a mountain bike and took it out on the trails this weekend. 8 miles of ups and downs and my legs are toast this Monday.

If you're into trail riding, see if there's any trails near you using this site: www.trailforks.com

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
Biking is definitely one of my favorite activites. It's great for getting your mind off stuff, especially if you find a nice scenic trail.

Where i live has loads of cycle routes. So I'm lucky
Congrats, I'm happy for you. I don't drive, so biking always gave me a sense of freedom. I hope it helps on your road to recovery.

:)

- journey
I don't drive either so it'll make some things way easier.

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
GREAT!!! Exercise is a way that I use, I walk alot, to combat depression, BPD, and other aspects of life. It is wonderful that you got a new bike and thatn you are enjoying it!! All the sunny days for you to ride your new bike from me! Walter

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Congrats on the purchase! Cycling is one of my favorite things to do. I think you're going to love it.

Couple things I would recommend - some kind of computer to measure speed and cadence. I have a cateye strada. There are more and less expensive options.

Small lights for the front and rear. These come in very handy when you lose track of time and are riding in the dark. These are cheap - around $10. These won't light up a path enough for you to see, they are just so the cars will see you. There are much brighter lights that work as headlights if you plan on riding at night.

An app to record your rides. I like map my ride, but strava is the most popular.

Maybe clipless pedals and shoes. They are scary at first, but become second nature very quickly. I can't imagine riding flat pedals anymore. But I only ride on the roads. Off-road, I may go flat

Post a pic or link of you bike!

salmon

salmon

Waiting for a solution
Nov 12, 2019
Hope you'll enjoy it! Cycling makes me feel more in control :)

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
How did the bike go? I've seen you on another topic and I remembered this post with joy.