• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I used to be able to work on myself and make changes but then I got depressed. Now it's always "this is too hard" "I'll do it tomorrow."
I'm reaching crisis levels because I'm struggling to take basic care of myself. I don't want to do antidepressants again, I've been on dozens of them with really bad side effects or just no positive effects. I'm trying therapy again soon even though I'm kind of against that. I just can't get up the motivation like I used to to try hard.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
I'm reaching crisis levels because I'm struggling to take basic care of myself.
i can relate and thanks to not having a people job or friends i can go......too long without self care. the best ive got to say aside from youre not alone is baby steps. maybe it is something "small" "mundane" ect, but its still something that youre doing, something that youre struggling to do and something that you dont really have to do, its still something to be proud of yourself for đź«‚đź’ś

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Agreed on antidepressants, so far no help from any. Really the solution for me would be dating, having someone to travel that path with or feel like I have something to improve for. I'm nice, and fairly stable but apparently hopeless in finding someone.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this.

Have you thought about getting an accountability partner? There was a discussion about this in a thread a week ago:
Summary of the proposed methods:
  • a real accountability partner. "someone that will keep up with you and your habits."
  • habitica. "a habit tracking app with rpg game elements, and there is an option to join a party, and you contribute by doing your own"
  • https://replika.com/ AI companion/chatbot which calibrates for you
  • Tulpa. "the manifestation of a thought-form, into human form, that is created through spiritual practice and intense concentration. The term often refers to an imaginary friend who is willed into existence, which practitioners consider to be self-aware and autonomous."
  • https://bodydoubling.com/ From the site: "merely being in the same room with another person who is having trouble getting things done on their own. As a body double, you don't need to help or even say anything. All you need to do is just be there in the room, and through some invisible power, the other person is able to focus and finish their work."

@Sulyya, you could also take a look at it 🙂

Reactions: thenamingofcats
loweroneseyes

loweroneseyes

vision blurry
Feb 3, 2024
healing isn't linear, so it makes sense that it may be more difficult as the days go on, because the demands of daily life tend to pile up quickly. my advice is not to punish yourself for slipping, even if it seems familiar. compassion towards yourself is the way to go. :heart:

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Thanks surrounded!

#1 sounds a bit like the Recovery Partner thread, if it's used earnestly.

2 sounds very cool! Might look at that. Same with 3.

Tulpas, no tks lol

The last thing sounds believable, maybe just an aspect of #1 where you're present with the other person?