Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
If someone is asking for specific advice I wouldn't write that and only that, that would be silly and unhelpful. However, if someone is saying they're going to CTB, I don't know what else you can really respond with. I wish them luck in either case, as in either they find a reason to live or successfully die, because one of the other options is the person being permanently brain damaged.

Because of my own experiences, the last thing I'd want to hear is someone tell me "You have so much to live for" etc. I say to people "good luck" because it respects whatever choice they make and acknowledges what they said.

A lot of valid takes in this thread. It made me realize as suicidal as I've been in my life, I don't know what I wanted anyone to say to me. I don't know what someone suicidal would want said to them.

I don't think everyone in the suicide discussion forum has given up. I think there are people who are not ready to CTB for different reasons, but are incredibly depressed and use that as a space to to share their thoughts and problems.

If there were a sub forum strictly for venting and discussions about mental health struggles, which I really think there should be, it'd probably be just as active.
I thought that was the separation between the forums was. The discussion forum for those who are more sure in their decision, the recovery forum for those still fighting, and the offtopic forum for those more passively waiting for the day their ticket gets punched.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Serial Experi Pain, PurpleVoid, Lost in a Dream and 6 others
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
"I hope you find peace in whatever you decide to do"
is the most retarded shit we've kept seeing on the forum.
Don't agree with that. I think it's fine but I agree one should add a line or two of something personal to make the response seem more genuine.

Reactions: PurpleVoid
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Might be a deliberate theme, a familiar face that's a mysterious part of how the forum works? "The SS experience." Or just someone who has the time to repeat the same thing 10,000 times over and always comment on nearly every post.

How many of you could be that consistent? Certainly not me, I was generous with posts in the beginning and always supportive, but there's only so much interest I can keep, and my answers and comments also vary greatly because I'm a human being with moderate mood swings. Members, especially new ones, don't always get the same treatment from me. The experience people get on this forum remains fairly consistent for some reason, yet the input a lot of us have on different posts can vary dramatically...

It's like Weebster, like him or not, if he didn't create 1000's of random threads asking odd questions to get conversations started, wouldn't it mostly be the same "will partial hanging while drinking 1L soy sauce mixed with SN kill me?" type thing over and over?

Either way it's empty platitudes, but that might actually be all it takes to make some people feel understood and comforted. Whatever happens, I wish you the best.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Feeding Pigeons, whatevs and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Thank you for logging on to Sanctioned Suicide Dot Org. There is so much suffering in the world, it is my belief that we should all be entitled to a free and painless death at the time of our choosing. I am sorry this has happened to you, but none of our contributors are available at present, however your call is very important to us and we wish you the best, whatever happens. In order to direct your call to the appropriate automated response, please select the following options:

For "godspeed, l hope you find peace", please press 1. For "why won't these prolifers just let us die", please press 2. For "man these neurotypicals and/or normies suck bro", please press 3. For "I would like a suicide partner (18/f/hot, willing to travel and also clean my flat)" please press 4. To frivolously report another user without merit please press 5. To participate in a mind-numbingly tedious numbers game please press 6. Alternatively, if your call is related to feeling horny and/or the imminent threat of communism, please hold to speak to an adviser. Your call is number 62549 in a queue.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: PurpleVoid, Lost in a Dream, ColorlessTrees and 14 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I regret reading this thread. I remember the days when I used to find this website comforting. Not anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: lights_are_on, Manaaja, enau and 16 others
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
This thread is absolutely disgusting! If you like to gossip there are other websites to visit.

• Wow
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, DeutscheKartoffel, Lullaby and 2 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I regret reading this thread. I remember the days when I used to find this website comforting. Not anymore.
Don't someone's criticism deter you from doing your thing. Your words are appreciated. Keep doing as you just.

Reactions: Manaaja, pthnrdnojvsc, DeutscheKartoffel and 2 others
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
maybe it seems like a bit of a meaningless statement, but what else is there to be said? if someone's ready to go i hope there's some peace to be found in that choice. if they change their mind then i hope there's peace in their future. i wouldn't just demand that they live or die because i understand what they are going through.

Reactions: PurpleVoid and Manaaja
Shepherd's boy

Shepherd's boy

I will go with you
May 19, 2022
I'm sorry, guys, but this place is actually bastion of sad suicidal fellas, isn't it. We are all suffering, someone less, someone more. It doesn't matter. Are you really expecting here some kind of therapeutic attitude from everyone? People who write such things just don't have power to write something inspirational, but they try their best. Be nice.

• Informative
Reactions: Manaaja, DeutscheKartoffel, Suicidebydeath and 6 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Thank you for logging on to Sanctioned Suicide Dot Org. There is so much suffering in the world, it is my belief that we should all be entitled to a free and painless death at the time of our choosing. I am sorry this has happened to you, but none of our contributors are available at present, however your call is very important to us and we wish you the best, whatever happens. In order to direct your call to the appropriate automated response, please select the following options:

For "godspeed, l hope you find peace", please press 1. For "why won't these prolifers just let us die", please press 2. For "man these neurotypicals and/or normies suck bro", please press 3. For "I would like a suicide partner (18/f/hot, willing to travel and also clean my flat)" please press 4. To frivolously report another user without merit please press 5. To participate in a mind-numbingly tedious numbers game please press 6. Alternatively, if your call is related to feeling horny and/or the imminent threat of communism, please hold to speak to an adviser. Your call is number 62549 in a queue.
SS in a nutshell!!

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Alex6216, Al Cappella and 3 others
Dizzylady80

Dizzylady80

Experienced
Nov 5, 2020
This post just comes off as bitter and cringy. I kinda agree about how it's (unintentionally) encouraging suicide but your depiction of the people who say this isn't even remotely accurate. They're not just using it as a mindless "thoughts and prayers" usually they're a genuine attempt to comfort someone who is in the depths of despair, and the sentiment often follows the person actually attempting to talk to whoever they're saying it to. People dying alone without acknowledgement or comfort is a horrific thing, and saying this is at least letting someone know that their pain is seen, that they are heard and that someone cares about what happens to them

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PurpleVoid, Blondi, Foresight and 3 others
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Most people in the "suicide discussion" section already gave up and don't want "help". I'm not sure what you think discussing the poster's real life issues is suppose to accomplish when they are firm on their decision to CTB?
I don't think everyone has given up but after spending every second of your day here you're probably more likely to give up I feel.

wtf lol

Reactions: whatevs
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021

PS There is also the incel inspired element. We currently have a Chad and Stacy thread. I know about the origins of this site so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: PurpleVoid, ColorlessTrees, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 2 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
People dying alone without acknowledgement or comfort is a horrific thing, and saying this is at least letting someone know that their pain is seen, that they are heard and that someone cares about what happens to them
This is an important point. Having zero responses to an expression of grief would surely be the most depressing possible outcome.

When it comes to 'a certain member', she has no intention to hurt anyone and I view her posts as a legitimate contribution to the backbone of the site as a place of nonjudgmental understanding for dark emotional states. Users like myself tend to avoid posting unless our response is able to meet a certain threshold of constructive substance, but the site as a whole benefits from an ecosystem including all types of well-intentioned contributors.

Certain psychological ailments can make people repetitive in behaviour or limited in emotional breadth. There's no need for gang-bashing a harmless young lady who is already suffering.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: PurpleVoid, Manaaja, ColorlessTrees and 9 others
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
It is a bit generic but I think some people do mean well. There aren't great alternatives and peace doesn't always imply death. This is a dark place for those of us seriously grappling with suicide and sometimes a generic reply is enough. I speak from experience. I'm not bothered by it personally. We all have different experiences so opinions may differ. That's pretty generic too... My bad.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Manaaja, ColorlessTrees and 2 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Whle slf cn undrstnd y sme phrses cn cme acrss empty whn thy hve bn postd mny tmes b/ dffrnt ppl am of opinn tht thre r postrs wh/ jst w 2 gve cmfrt & empthy 2 othr ppl on sasu

Thre r mltple ppl wh/ post on lts of prfles & psts jst s/ th/ o.p hs knd wrds or rspnse 2 thr problm or sme encrgemnt or cmpassn & o.ps hve bn vry gr8fl 2 recve thse wrds

Evry1 on sasu = strgglng & smetmes thre = nt mch mre 2 sy thn 'am srry tht thngs r dffclt bt hpe th/ bst fr u'

Persnlly slf am gr8fl tht thre r membrs wh/ tke tme out 2 cmmnt & hlp othrs fl lss lonly & am rlly feelng v srry fr 1 partculr membr whse feelngs wll hve bn vry mch woundd b/ sme of th rplies on ths pst

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel, 9BBN, OneTime and 4 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
PS There is also the incel inspired element. We currently have a Chad and Stacy thread. I know about the origins of this site so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
A what thread? (already regretting asking this)

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
"I hope you find peace in whatever you decide to do"
is the most retarded shit we've kept seeing on the forum.

Those NPCs have no brain do they, they just repeat the same shit over and over again, it's the opposite of pro-lifers but equally retarded.

It's unoriginal and half hearted at best but I don't see any maliciousness in it. There's not much one can say that hasn't been said already and there's not much, if any, help one can provide someone in our situation. Ultimately I suppose it's better than no responses at all in a given thread.

• Informative
Reactions: PurpleVoid, Lost in a Dream, odradek and 4 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
A what thread? (already regretting asking this)
Yes. Well might you regret it. Ken and Barbie it is not.

Chad and Stacy are terms used on the incel site to refer to super good looking (according to incel standards) men and women. The Chads bag all the Staceys.

Those terms are derogatory in the same way as racist and misogynistic terms.

Resentment towards the Chads and Stacys leads to open admiration of Elliott Rodgers. People on the incel site talk of doing an ER.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...close-to-it-in-appearance.91414/#post-1618279

Apologies if you know all this already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've used this response before but I admit I couldn't really think of anything else to say. In my case, the intent with it isn't really to encourage people but simply to express remorse for being unable to actually do anything that would help the person without forcing upon them some other horrible cliche like "it will get better!" or something like that.

Reactions: PurpleVoid and fox_wannabe
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Yes. Well might you regret it. Ken and Barbie it is not.

Chad and Stacy are terms used on the incel site to refer to super good looking (according to incel standards) men and women. The Chads bag all the Staceys.

Those terms are derogatory in the same way as racist and misogynistic terms.

Resentment towards the Chads and Stacys leads to open admiration of Elliott Rodgers. People on the incel site talk of doing an ER.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...close-to-it-in-appearance.91414/#post-1618279

Apologies if you know all this already.
I've become kind of familiar but only via this site, the last time l got embroiled in an incel discussion at length it was a very interesting and illuminating experience regarding this website as a whole tbh.

• Informative
Reactions: ge0rge and GentleJerk
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
I've become kind of familiar but only via this site, the last time l got embroiled in an incel discussion at length it was a very interesting and illuminating experience regarding this website as a whole tbh.
I think I know what you mean.

I've been on the incel website. The incel wiki has some interesting entries.

I'm usually so inert I don't engage much. Always worth reading your posts.

Reactions: Skathon and Chinaski
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I don't use this expression, since the chances of someone who's deeply suicidal finding true peace in this dog-eat-dog world are realistically not that high.

It's always felt a little bit like saying "I hope you kill yourself rather than choose to keep fighting and finding as much fulfillment as you can in life despite its difficulties."

I'm fully aware that that's not the intended message of the majority of the people who write this though, and I don't mean to judge them.

• Informative
Reactions: whatevs, ColorlessTrees, GentleJerk and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.