• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Proxycake

Proxycake

Matrimony
Feb 20, 2023
Those places are genuinely Hell on Earth. They treat everyone there like shit, you can't have anything, the rooms are blank and depressing and you get about a phone call a day to talk to your loved ones. You don't know when you're leaving because they don't tell you, and if you ask too much, they extend your stay. They give you medication you don't need, the nurses are always the most sadistic assholes you'll ever meet who shouldn't be working in the medical field at all, and did I mention it's freezing cold in there? Why do they crank the AC up to the maximum, then give you a paper-thin blanket and tell you to sleep throughout the entire night with someone checking in on you via peeking through your door every 15 minutes for room checks. I hate these places so much.

AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Let’s go, we’ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023
Those places are genuinely Hell on Earth. They treat everyone there like shit, you can't have anything, the rooms are blank and depressing and you get about a phone call a day to talk to your loved ones. You don't know when you're leaving because they don't tell you, and if you ask too much, they extend your stay. They give you medication you don't need, the nurses are always the most sadistic assholes you'll ever meet who shouldn't be working in the medical field at all, and did I mention it's freezing cold in there? Why do they crank the AC up to the maximum, then give you a paper-thin blanket and tell you to sleep throughout the entire night with someone checking in on you via peeking through your door every 15 minutes for room checks. I hate these places so much.
Mental hospitals and any forced recovery facility is genuinely one of my biggest fears and one of the biggest reasons I am hesitating. Because if I fail, I feel that is exactly where I'll go.
And these are usually specifically the adult wards- that house the really serious cases amongst the mild. It is not a safe place to be, and it's not a place that will help you with your mental health. It's just a cage they put people in that are considered animals until they can settle down or figure out what else to do with them.

<3

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Sounds so hellish, it disgusts me how humans make others suffer way more by forcing them in there.

Reactions: thepiecessatup
thepiecessatup

thepiecessatup

Jan 9, 2024
I am stuck being watched full time by a mental health nurse. Literally just sitting in a ward being watched. I am doing everything I can now to get out of here. I don't really have much to get out for so there's no point them trying to get me 'better' (I find that so patronising as well - I don't want to get 'better'). I'm doing what they want me to do. Eat. Shut up. And suffer. Avoid ending up in hospital at all costs. I wish I had ctb before this.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
I am stuck being watched full time by a mental health nurse. Literally just sitting in a ward being watched. I am doing everything I can now to get out of here. I don't really have much to get out for so there's no point them trying to get me 'better' (I find that so patronising as well - I don't want to get 'better'). I'm doing what they want me to do. Eat. Shut up. And suffer. Avoid ending up in hospital at all costs. I wish I had ctb before this.
If you want to get out, you have to show "progress".
Fake it until you make it. Start interacting with other patients and staff more. Be more active in group therapy and whatnot. Show them that you are getting "better" so that you can get the hell out.
It is a system that you have to game, and you must play that game if you want out.

soonatpeace777888

soonatpeace777888

Experienced
Jul 4, 2023
Worst experience of my life.
If you want to get out, you have to show "progress".
Fake it until you make it. Start interacting with other patients and staff more. Be more active in group therapy and whatnot. Show them that you are getting "better" so that you can get the hell out.
It is a system that you have to game, and you must play that game if you want out.
This exactly. Pretend you feel better and they will let you go eventually.

cocoseal

cocoseal

Apr 10, 2024
HONESTLY!! I remember once I was breaking down In the hall and they just started asking if it needed my meds and it was just like bruh. NOT TO MENTION THE MEDS DID NOT FUCKING WORK!! I also cut myself in front of my 1 to 1 AND SHE DID NOT GIVE A FUCK. Maybe I just had weird experiences, because in another hospital I went to there was so much bullshit with the nurses they were not giving me my stuff that were SAFE to have there. No strings no Nothing they just didn't want to check my bag. It was really frustrating. The nurses act like they are fucking saviours like bitch no the fuck

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I swear to god they're designed to CAUSE mental illness, not help you recover from it. Like everything depressed people are discouraged from doing are right there in a psych ward:
  • no exercise, the most you can do is walk down a small hallway
  • no fresh air
  • no sunlight
  • sometimes not even windows
  • little to no social contact
  • humiliation/lack of privacy
  • nothing to do, just left alone with your thoughts
  • bad sleeping environment (noisy, bright, not calm), leading to getting little sleep
A normal person in an environment like that would probably start going crazy. And we're supposed to get better??

J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
I agree with everything here. There are some good facilities but for the most part they suck. (The good ones cost way too much for anyone normal to afford).

I've only been a visitor, and that was enough to teach me that I never want to go there.

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
You described exactly my experiences in them mental hospitals. I still like them to some extent despite the bad, I needed those breaks during those times , it happened for a reason and i dont regret it.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
I swear to god they're designed to CAUSE mental illness, not help you recover from it. Like everything depressed people are discouraged from doing are right there in a psych ward:
  • no exercise, the most you can do is walk down a small hallway
  • no fresh air
  • no sunlight
  • sometimes not even windows
  • little to no social contact
  • humiliation/lack of privacy
  • nothing to do, just left alone with your thoughts
  • bad sleeping environment (noisy, bright, not calm), leading to getting little sleep
A normal person in an environment like that would probably start going crazy. And we're supposed to get better??
This. And my gods, they taught me to absolutely hate and despise pastel colors, because every wall was painted with one because it is supposed to be "calming".
No, that environment is not calming, and the wall color doesn't make it so when people are constantly screaming or having a full on breakdown.
Doesn't help when you are being verbally or physically attacked by other patients.

thepiecessatup

thepiecessatup

Jan 9, 2024
This. And my gods, they taught me to absolutely hate and despise pastel colors, because every wall was painted with one because it is supposed to be "calming".
No, that environment is not calming, and the wall color doesn't make it so when people are constantly screaming or having a full on breakdown.
Doesn't help when you are being verbally or physically attacked by other patients.
Ah the good ole pastel colours as if they are going to cure us! It's all so contrived.

DepressedDude

DepressedDude

Apr 21, 2024
Psych ward followed by Antipsychotics destroyed my life. I left there with paralyzed intestines after the shots I don't know how it exactly caused it. 6 months later and they're still fucked and no one is taking responsibility for it.

Other things that sucked were a mouse running around the rooms, people screaming non stop and nurses opening your door in the middle of the night with keys jangling to check on you waking you up and scaring tf out of you at the same time (there were no windows on the doors in one of the wards).

L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
This is why it's important to me that I do ctb in a foolproof way

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I have unbelievable trauma from all of my hospital stays. I've been restrained multiple times and only twice was it somewhat warranted. Those restraints almost always included getting shots to sedate me for the next day. Those restraints are the most traumatic and dehumanizing thing I have ever been through. The paper clothes if you act out that are see through and rip. The verbal abuse, staff telling you your family don't want you and you're never going to amount to anything. Being called attention seeking and faking. A doctor denied me having an eating disorder and told them not to give me tube feed after days of not eating because I was "overweight". I watched other patients getting restrained, hit, thrown, threatened. The screams of both myself and others haunt me. Watching patients assault each other and staff. Patients leaving pools of blood at the end of hallways and staff leaving it there for hours and ultimately having patients clean it up. I will never be the same.