• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

PublicDiary0606

PublicDiary0606

"Noone can hear you scream when you're drowning"
Feb 13, 2023
Personally, for me, I don't see the reason why it's bad. I want to do it without letting everyone judge me. Watching myself bleed makes me feel better. I mean as long as I have the will to live, shouldn't my loved ones stop worrying? I am surviving with the cost of a few more scars.

C

CRT Seal TV

Oct 5, 2023
My personal opinion is that someone who self harms is likely to go further, it shows a hatred of oneself and a desire to hurt oneself. Those two feelings are a necessary step towards suicide.

I understand that isn't the case for you, but from that POV which I think isn't too uncommon it would be understandable as to why people don't want you to self harm. Not everyone is able to understand why unfortunately, including me.

Reactions: raltsrover
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
it really is just like any other coping mechanism, like drugs, alcohol etc. except its much more visible, and people dont like to see it bc it reminds them of how much you're struggling so they cant just brush it off and pretend everythings fine.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Personally, for me, I don't see the reason why it's bad. I want to do it without letting everyone judge me. Watching myself bleed makes me feel better. I mean as long as I have the will to live, shouldn't my loved ones stop worrying? I am surviving with the cost of a few more scars.
Personally self-harm freaks me out. Idk why someone would hurt or do that kind of damage to themself

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Personally self-harm freaks me out. Idk why someone would hurt or do that kind of damage to themself
Because it helps them cope even if it looks unsavory. If it didn't help people wouldn't do it.

People say it's bad because it looks unsavory, because it could accidentally cause worse damage than you intended, because it isn't respecting yourself or your body.

Last edited:
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
My personal opinion is that someone who self harms is likely to go further, it shows a hatred of oneself and a desire to hurt oneself. Those two feelings are a necessary step towards suicide.
I think you misunderstand why most people (or at least, why I) wish to kermit sewer slide~ It isn't about hating or wanting to hurt oneself but more so love of oneself and desiring to free oneself from the terrors of the world! >_<

C

CRT Seal TV

Oct 5, 2023
I think you misunderstand why most people (or at least, why I) wish to kermit sewer slide~ It isn't about hating or wanting to hurt oneself but more so love of oneself and desiring to free oneself from the terrors of the world! >_<
hahaha, I love the phrase "kermit sewer slide" that's funny.

That's an interesting viewpoint to consider suicide a love of oneself. Tell me how you got to thinking that?

I hate myself and want to hurt myself, so I was coming at it from my point of view. I don't know why most people want to kill themselves to be honest.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
hahaha, I love the phrase "kermit sewer slide" that's funny.

That's an interesting viewpoint to consider suicide a love of oneself. Tell me how you got to thinking that?

I hate myself and want to hurt myself, so I was coming at it from my point of view. I don't know why most people want to kill themselves to be honest.
I mostly get to thinking that because I want to ctb because I like myself but no one else does (or perhaps because no one else does, forcing me to) and everything is so hopeless, and I think it'd be more pleasant (and better for myself) just to die now then continue in suffering! :(
Your perspective just sounds weird to me, since sewer slide would end the suffering~
but I suppose we just mutually sound weird to each other instead! rofl

C

CRT Seal TV

Oct 5, 2023
I mostly get to thinking that because I want to ctb because I like myself but no one else does (or perhaps because no one else does, forcing me to) and everything is so hopeless, and I think it'd be more pleasant (and better for myself) just to die now then continue in suffering! :(
Your perspective just sounds weird to me, since sewer slide would end the suffering~
but I suppose we just mutually sound weird to each other instead! rofl
:( I hope the suffering ends for you, it would be great to live a good life loving yourself. I have a good life, I just hate myself. You seem to have the opposite (I am guessing to be honest, but sounds like a bad life, but you like yourself). I think because we have opposite circumstances that's why we are weird to each other.
I wish you all the best. I know I am just an internet stranger, but it always makes me sad to see other people sad, but I am on here for relatability. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
Me either. My body my choice should apply with this.

Reactions: Morana
EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
:( I hope the suffering ends for you, it would be great to live a good life loving yourself. I have a good life, I just hate myself. You seem to have the opposite (I am guessing to be honest, but sounds like a bad life, but you like yourself). I think because we have opposite circumstances that's why we are weird to each other.
I wish you all the best. I know I am just an internet stranger, but it always makes me sad to see other people sad, but I am on here for relatability. :)
wow, we are literally opposites! xD That's crazy! lol.
And thank you! :) I hope you feel better about yourself, so that you can fully enjoy the life you get! ^_^

S

Sleepycat

Mar 31, 2023
Usually my scars come from meltdowns. But the reaction is the same as if I did it on purpose.
People don't like to see it. They don't want to see it. And then when they do see it. It becomes about them and their guilt. And then they say we are the bad guys for doing this to them. Fuck these people. Fuck their guilt. Survivors guilt is either jealousy or ego. "I should have known I should have done something." Bullshit. You only care for yourself. Not the people who are actually going through what they are going through. (To be fair, most people are or can be like this. That's fine. But don't make someone else's issue all about you. They had the issue. They made the choice. Let them rest. They got what they wanted. If you know them you can be at peace with that. If you don't it ain't your issue to piggy back on.)

Last edited:
LonelyPlanetBoy

LonelyPlanetBoy

Oct 22, 2023
I think it's because it's a coping mechanism that has long term effect and that can make things worse in the future. It can make you feel ashamed and maybe because of that you try to hide it or isolate yourself.
On the other hand there are coping mechanism that have positive effects and also long term benefits like sports or doing something creative.

princexhhn

princexhhn

call me prince
Sep 26, 2023
maybe its just that it hurts them too to see you hurt. To someone who already self harms i see how it may seem more normal but when youre loved ones will see, it might be a shock and would hurt them to see you hurt and with such bruises on you. Personally have been both the person who self harms and have seen a loved one with self harm. As the former i realized a bit late how disturbing it may be to my loved ones so ive started hiding them. As the latter, it broke my heart and it still does when it crosses my mind from time to time.

skaro

skaro

idk anymore
Oct 25, 2023
sewer slide
heyyyyy, calling it sewer slide is MY thing, you can't just steal it from me >:(
in all seriousness, I wish i could help somehow, it really hurts seeing the struggles of people on here.

raltsrover

raltsrover

Ñom
Oct 14, 2023
I mean, suicide is a form of extreme self harm, so It's common for people to start with the less extreme part. It's also very dangerous, because it's very easy to cut more that what you intended or even catch an infection.